This ENGLISH BASEMENT is a cozy-kept secret studio located in the heart of DC's coolest-hip 14th/U Street /Logan Corridors, where you will be guarantee a magnificent time during your stay in DC whether is for business or pleasure.
This ENGLISH BASEMENT STUDIO B & B is located in the heart of DC and has natural-light, fully furnished, beautifully decorated, completely private with access to patio and has its own private secure entrance.
This cozy English Basement is perfect for business guests and tourists wanting to have fun in DC. It is the perfect home away from home. This is how close all things are and walking distance to: lounges to chill and relax with friends, pharmacy, health-food grocery stores, gym, boutiques, numerous hip and cool restaurants, clubs, and bars. You name the type of food and entertainment you want and it is just around the corner from the studio!
The B & B amenities:
- Spacious Studio Apartment
- Fresh linens and towels
- Full Equipped New Kitchen and Appliances: ceramic-cook-stove, microwave, sink, refrigerator, coffee maker and kitchen utensils
- Breakfast Table
- New Bathroom with shower
- California-King-Size Bed
- Sofa (sleeps an extra person)
- Free WIFI
- Central A/C and Heat
- Very secure and safe area "covered" by DC Metro Police
-Iron and Board
- Need to wash your clothes. We provide laundry services, talk to us if you need this service.
- Laundromat (email hidden) and Rodhe Island Ave NW
- Dry Cleaners: various in the neighbordhood
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
-Street Parking restriction is enforced by the police Monday-Sunday 7 a.m. till 12 a.m. We have Private Parking on property available upon request for daily/nightly cost.
- English Basement B & B is rented for a minimum of 2 nights or up to 30 days. (Talk to us if you need less or more days.)
- If you need a crib for a baby, we do not provide this, although the bed is comfortable and there is ample room for a crib if you have/rent one.
- Please NO SMOKING INSIDE
Guest will have access to the Patio.
Interaction with Guests
The owner lives on property and sometimes might have interactions with the guests, but it is up to the guests on how much interaction they would want.
This neighborhood is in a historical district of DC, but also right in the middle of three main happening corridors: Logan Circle, 14th Street and U Street -- all which offer numerous amazing places to go out for dinner, clubs, theater, music, shopping, museums or just walking around the neighborhood.
-We are centrally located where you can walk, bike, metro or take the bus to all major attractions.
-We score 97 on Walk Score
-**Metro: Steps away from the Metro (Cardozo/U Street (Green/Yellow Line)
-Bike: Capitol Bikeshare - it's a fun and easy way to get around DC - and available for daily rentals and there is around the corner from the property.
Other Things to Note
-Sofa sleeps an extra person
-If you loose keys, you will have to pay $50 for replacement fee.
ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES
- Check-in is after 4 p.m. and Check-out at 12 p.m. This is important, although there is flexibility depending on the case and cleaning schedule, so please contact us if you need early check-in or late check-out.
BED, BATH & KITCHEN & Departure
- Clean towels and linens are provided for all guests in each reservation. For those staying longer than 7 days extra bed sheets and towels will be provided weekly. If your stay is shorter than 7 let your host know if you have an emergency and need new towels/linen.
- Cleaning Sponges, trash bags, paper towels, toilet tissue and other utilities are provided and you can find the supply in the kitchen cabinets.
- Please leave the kitchen cleaned, dishes, cutlery, cups and pots washed when you depart
- Please remove Recycle and Trash to the outside bins located on the patio
(Black one is trash, blue is Recycle) when you depart.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, SMS or e-mail at any time.
Wonderful location, wonderful experience. I've already recommended the place to two friends.
Tricia made me feel very welcome. I loved the place and the location. I plan on staying here again on my next trip to DC.
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Too was really great at communicating with us and even helped us get a parking pass for the few days that we were in DC. The apartment was clean and looked just as the pictures showed it. Overall, a good experience!
We spent 2 wonderful nights at Tricia's place and were very pleased with it. It was very clean and tidy, the extra large (king size) bed was very comfortable and so was the sofa (as we were 3 we needed the extra bed option). Tricia was very accommodating and responded positively to all our needs. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend and will surely contact Tricia again if I come back to DC.
Had a wonderful week staying here. The location is perfect - right by the metro, a trader Joes, and several nice bars and restaurants. Host was very accommodating and responsive. The place has a big bed and nice kitchen, and other than a hiccup on the first day the WiFi was great. Would stay here again.
A great apartment in the perfect location to explore U street. Tricia was very welcoming and communicated all the requirements and opportunities the apartment and location provided.
I highly recommend the apartment to anyone looking to stay in D.C.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a fun, diverse person who enjoys traveling, love to learn about other people's cultures, a foody, wine lover and believes music is what brings life to us. I am multilingual who speaks Spanish, Italian, some French and can understand Portuguese. My top places so far that I have visited and could go back to are Thailand, Turkey, Italy, France, Barcelona, South Korea, Roatan, Bocas del Toro, Puerto Rico and the Greek Islands. But I could probably visit many other places, as traveling is a passion for me! I have stayed in many type of lodges/hotels and I believe the best ones are the one that you feel comfortable and at home. I really hope you enjoy the stay at our place and will be a home away from home.