About this listing
Top floor apartment with two quiet bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, and comfy living/eating area. This apartment has character and feels like a home - filled with lots of art, books and collections from our travels. Both bedrooms have double beds (1 queen), closet space, and air conditioning. Only three blocks from union square - a hub for transport, culture, food, shopping, the green market and everything NYC has to offer!
The Manhattan apartment:
- The apartment takes up the entire top floor of an 1890s townhouse with high ceilings and skylights throughout.
- Living room has a comfy leather sectional couch, 42in flat screen tv with dvd (note: no cable, but hundreds of movies to choose from), a working fireplace (great for cold winter evenings)
- Newly renovated kitchen - fully equipped with microwave, gas oven, coffee machine, juicer, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher - Cameron is a chef so it's his favorite room in the house!
- Washer/dryer in the apartment
- Free high-speed wifi throughout
- Hardwood floors
- Bathroom with claw-footed tub and shower. Water pressure is good, but temperature can occasionally fluctuate (old pipes).
- This is a pre war, walk up (3 flights of stairs) building - we chose it because it has character and feels like home, but we caution that it is also not the newest, it has history. If you are looking for all marble luxury and chrome, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a truly comfortable homelike space, you will love it.
- Private usage of a 900 sqft roof, quiet with a great sense of the city surrounding. Smoking is allowed on the roof but there is no cigarette smoking in the apartment.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art, books, and collections from our travels.
- Comfortable queen in one bed with full size bed in the other - both have down comforters
- High-speed wifi
- Closets to hang in both rooms
- The rooms face onto a back courtyard and a church so there is little to no street noise.
- The larger room is 15ftx13ft, a master bedroom with a canopy! The smaller room is 13ftx9ft, definitely not large by non NYC standards, but both rooms are comfortable with a large window and lots of natural light.
- All bedding and bath towels provided
Visitors guide to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
We are more than happy to make recommendations for/reservations at some of our favorite places in the neighborhood and city. We love New York and couldn't dream of living elsewhere.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC. It is a fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, shopping, yoga studios, coffee shops, live music venues, and gyms. Pretty much anything you could want is within close reach.
The apartment is easy walking distance of Union Square, East Village, Thompson Square Park, Stuyvesant Square, Greenwich Village, West Village, Bowery, Gramercy Park, Flatiron, NYU, and Madison Square Park.
You are a few blocks away from L,N,Q,R,4,5,6 subway lines and the Union Square transport hub that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Numerous bus options available.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries. Book today to secure this great NYC space.
Interaction with guests
We will be out of town so you will be occupying our space while we're traveling.
But here's a little about Us.....
We are the best of both worlds: Michelle is a mid 30s professional with a creative streak that likes our pad to be a comfortable home. Cameron is a laid-back early 40s chef who enjoys the service industry and coming up with delicacies in the kitchen. We travel a lot, have an active social life and work long days... but we love to relax and have a glass of wine and meet new people.
• No smoking. You can smoke on the roof upstairs.
• No shoes in the house, please leave your shoes on the rack outside the front door.
• Please be quiet in the hallways. If neighbors ask who you are, just say you are guests of Cameron and Michelle. Do not mention airbnb to neighbors.
• You have full use of kitchen, bathroom, living room and can store your things in the cupboards/fridge.
• Please take food trash and dirty dishes to the kitchen immediatley after eating (to keep us from getting pests). Also, we have to recycle garbage so please put plastic, cans, and glass in the separately marked bin in the kitchen and paper in the paper bag.
• Most importantly, I want my guests to feel at home!
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 90 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I, Cameron, am a laid-back mid 40s chef who enjoys the service industry and coming up with delicacies in the kitchen. My wife, Michelle, is a mid 30s professional with a creative streak. We like our apartment in NYC and our house in NOLA to be comfortable homes. We travel a lot, have an active social life and work long days... but we love to relax and have a glass of wine and meet new people.
We love music (of all kinds) and dancing. I sing in the shower though not well. Winters we spend skiing, summers hiking, adventuring and preparing/going to Burning Man. We love exploring all NYC and NOLA has to offer, eating out and in. On quiet nights, we will sit by a fire reading novels with strong characters or watching a dramatic tv series in one sitting (guilty pleasure).