We love our home, and you are welcome to come stay with us! We are a couple living in a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Spadina Road with a bright, spacious living area, a cozy kitchen, and a large master bedroom (your room!) with its own door to the balcony. Our building is from the 50s and isn't that stylish (baby blue and pink were apparently in vogue when they tiled the bathroom), but we keep it quite clean and tidy, and it has a nice energy. Here are the details:
*NEW*: For groups of 3-4, we can remove the desk and chair from the room and set up an extra queen bed to accommodate you!
- Right near Spadina Subway Station, on both Green and Yellow subway lines: 10-second walk from Yellow line exit, 2-minute walk from Green line exit.
- Located in the beautiful Annex, one of Toronto's most friendly, vibrant neighbourhoods
- No more than a 5-minute walk to all amenities: restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, health food stores, bakery, pharmacy, book stores, spas, churches, yoga studios, fitness centre with salt-water pool, pubs/bars, dancing, shopping, and more
- 10-minute walk to a movie theatre, Hot Docs documentary cinema, the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum), Bata Shoe Museum, The Royal Conservatory of Music, Spadina House/Historical Museum, and Casa Loma
- 15-minute walk to Kensington Market, Koreatown and University of Toronto campus
- 20-minute walk to Chinatown, Little Italy, and several nightclubs
- 25-minute walk to Kadampa Meditation Centre/Buddhist Temple
YOUR PRIVATE ROOM:
- Large, bright master bedroom furnished with a queen-sized bed, a desk, huge windows, and direct access to the balcony
- Use of full kitchen with stove, oven, toaster, blender and food processor (no microwave)
- Elevator inside building
- Access to coin laundry inside the building
- Lots of hot water (no worries about running out!)
- Self-serve continental breakfast available (cereal, toast, jam, peanut butter, fruit)
- Unlimited tea (we have a wide variety of teas!)
- Free visitor parking available upon request
LIVING ARRANGEMENTS / ABOUT US:
We own a dance studio down the street (10 minutes away), so we're rarely very far from home. We live a pretty simple lifestyle, and our apartment is modestly furnished, with big windows, full-length mirrors and lots of floor space in the living room (= space to dance!). We don't have internet at home, but there is free wi-fi at the library across the street and at many coffee shops in the area.
Our schedule is a bit erratic because of our classes and events; we're usually home during the day and at the studio from mid-afternoon until late evening, sometimes past midnight. We often sleep pretty late into the morning, so you'll generally have to find your own breakfast, but please make yourself at home! You're more than welcome to use our kitchen to cook and store any groceries you buy, though we are vegetarian and for simplicity we prefer not to have meat or eggs prepared in our kitchen. We usually drink almond milk, but feel free to keep regular milk in our fridge if that's your preference. If you'll be buying prepared foods or take-out, don't worry about eating anything you like at our place (we don't mind, promise!).
Mid-afternoon is generally the best time for check-in, but if you need to check in while we're working, you can meet us at our studio (it's at Bathurst Subway Station, a 10-minute walk from our home) to grab the keys. Your room will have fresh sheets and towels when you arrive; please hold on to your towels for re-use throughout your stay.
Very nice place. Very nice neighborhood.
Danielle was friendly and helpful. She recommended good restaurants nearby and provided directions for us. Great central location. The 4 of us were quite comfortable.
Nice, cozy place in a great location! Very close to the TTC station, in a good area with shops and restaurants nearby. Junyan and Danielle were very welcoming when we arrived. Would recommend this room!
Staying at Danielle and Junyan's was so easy ... their location is central with easy walking access to Bloor Street and beyond, parking was straightforward and their accommodations were clean and comfortable. At the last minute they had a change of plan and would be away the night I stayed ... this was no big deal for them or for me ... as hosts they really have all the bases covered. I would definitely visit again.
Danielle and Junyan are very good hosts. They made sure we can find the place and get in when we arrive. The room was nice and clean.
p.s. If you decide to stay with them in winter time, make sure you don't close the little window in the room, otherwise it will get way too hot at night (since building's heating system is cranked up too much).
The bedroom was, indeed, big and bright. Junyan & Danielle were welcoming and offered some brochures and ideas for restaurants and things to do in Toronto. They were very quiet as they came and went. The location was perfect for my needs!
Junyan and Danielle were away for the weekend so we did not actually meet them. They left keys for us. The place was exactly as advertised and conformed to the excellent reviews that have been left for it. It was spotless and in a great location. The subway is a block away and you are close to many of the cultural attractions and great cheap hole in the wall eateries in Toronto.
Junyan and Danielle tried hard to communicate with us to make sure that we had arrived and that all was well. Unfortunately, my small cell phone provider does not allow me to make international calls while out of the US. We could see that they had been calling but had a hard time returning calls. We finally got through via pay phone and left a message with them -- and even that was a trial as the pay phones were weird and undependable.
I would definitely stay there again and, based on the reviews, would love to meet Junyan and Danielle the next time I stay.
Great location, room was comfy and clean, although it was very warm. Best for quiet individual.
Everything was just as posted in the description. They were very good about responding quickly and making clear arrangements and directions.
Clean comfortable room in a great location! We were able to park our vehicle and leave it in the lot for the entire trip because of the accessibility of public transportation and the number of restaurants and museums in the neighborhood. Junyan and Danielle were quiet and respectful and were great at working with me on check in despite my limited cell reception once I got into Canada. Definitely recommended, thanks guys!