About this listing
The Art of Hospitality
This is NOT a full apartment, but rather a 1 or 2 bedroom suite in historic SOLAR-POWERED Bywater shotgun house (1 Queen, 1 Double, 1 Bath). We offer the convenience of downtown, the unique energy of the Bywater neighborhood and the ambiance of an artfully appointed city apartment. Just steps to Crescent Park with some of the most stunning views of the Mississippi River and the New Orleans skyline. 2 bicycles available to loan upon request.
About our neighborhood: [Source: WikiTravel]
Bywater is a neighborhood a bit east (down river) from the French Quarter with a healthy mix of blue collar folks who grew up here, and more recent bohemian arrivals. Artists and musicians relocated here when the French Quarter became too pricey. It is primarily residential but undeniably hip; there are lively pubs, restaurants and randomly placed edgy found-object art scattered throughout the neighborhood. Travelers and residents from other parts of the city are steadily discovering this neighborhood's old-time, laid-back charm.
About your hosts:
We are devoted to the art of hospitality, and welcome the opportunity to entertain friends, both old and new, in this wonderful place, and will assure you an experience that will be memorable for all the right reasons!
About the house:
A raised 19th Century single shotgun cottage, just 2 blocks from the Mississippi River and Crescent Park, with a green and pleasant, year-round, private garden.
The features of this remarkable space include:
-Guests have complete privacy (separate entrance to guest quarters, owners live on site)
-Fine period furnishings, including a grand 4-poster bed in the "Parlor" room, and a custom-built modern wallbed in the "Kids' Room", amongst books, art works, found objects and more than a few small surprises to distract and delight!
-Wireless Internet access
-Buffet with fridge, stocked with bottled water, wine, juices, yogurt and milk
-Coffee maker (stocked)
-Off-street parking available (inquire about details)
-2 loaner bicycles available upon request.
-Easy access to French Quarter/CBD/Convention Center via nearby public transportation or bicycle.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets or children of any age.
We live on the premises, though your space is entirely private with its own entrance.
Interaction with Guests
We are always available if you have any needs or questions and can assist with your itinerary if needed. Let us know if you would care to partake in one of the many tours offered in our City. Our recommendations are the Swamp Tour, the Plantation Tour and the City Tour.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not be admitted to the property at any time without the express permission of the Homeowners and may not stay overnight in the property in any case. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Property is a private residence; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Children are NOT allowed.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is generally available at all times, however. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While bed linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
10. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.