Wouldn't it be Loverly?
1 or 2 bedroom suite in historic SOLAR-POWERED Bywater shotgun house (see photos) suitable for up to 4 adults (1 Queen, 1 Double, 1 Bath) offers the convenience of downtown, the unique energy of the Bywater neighborhood and the ambiance of an artfully appointed city apartment. Just steps to Crescent Park with some of the most stunning views of the Mississippi River and the New Orleans skyline. 2 bicycles available to loan upon request.
About our neighborhood: [Source: WikiTravel]
Bywater is a neighborhood a bit east (down river) from the French Quarter with a healthy mix of blue collar folks who grew up here, and more recent bohemian arrivals. Artists and musicians relocated here when the French Quarter became too pricy. It is primarily residential but undeniably hip; there are lively pubs, restaurants and randomly placed edgy found-object art scattered throughout the neighborhood. Travelers and residents from other parts of the city are steadily discovering this neighborhood's old-time, laid-back charm.
About your hosts:
We are devoted to the art of hospitality, and welcome the opportunity to entertain friends, both old and new, in this wonderful place, and will assure you an experience that will be memorable for all the right reasons!
About the house:
A raised 19th Century single shotgun cottage, just 2 blocks from the Mississippi River and Crescent Park, with a green and pleasant, year-round, private garden.
The features of this remarkable space include:
-Guests have complete privacy (separate entrance to guest quarters, owners live on site)
-Fine period furnishings, including a grand 4-poster bed in the "Parlor" room, and a custom-built modern wallbed in the "Kids' Room", amongst books, art works, found objects and more than a few small surprises to distract and delight!
-Wireless Internet access
-Buffet with fridge, stocked with bottled water, wine, juices, yogurt and milk
-Coffee maker (stocked)
-Off-street parking available (inquire about details)
-2 loaner bicycles available upon request.
-Easy access to French Quarter/CBD/Convention Center via nearby public transportation or bicycle.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets or children of any age.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not be admitted to the property at any time without the express permission of the Homeowners and may not stay overnight in the property in any case. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Property is a private residence; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Children are NOT allowed.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is quite limited at times. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While bed linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
10. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
Steven and Jim were the best hosts!!! Made us feel so welcome before we even arrived. Super friendly and generous with knowledge about New Orleans. Took us to an awesome parade and within a few hours I felt like I was truly experiencing New Orleans. The house was adorable, cozy, very clean, and a perfect location. It was my first visit to New Orleans, surely not my last and I will come back to this exact spot! I would be happy to stay at the Moon Over Mazant again!
From the second we opened the door until the moment we put the keys through the mail slot, we felt like we had walked into a bit of heaven in NOLA. Jazz quietly playing in the background, welcoming lights, a stocked fridg, fresh fruit, chicory coffee. Stephen and Jim were always accessible and bent over backwards to meet our needs. The neighborhood is fantastic...a bit off the path for those who like this with accessibility to great food, music, wine, the river. The space itself is divine....comfy bed, lovely library sitting area, great art work.
And then there is the garden...the welcoming fire, a toast or two with our hosts. Moon over Mazant is a treasure.
We had a wonderful experience at Moon over Mazant. The place was clean and beautifully decorated. The Bywater is a great neighborhood with plenty to do, but without the antics of the French Quarter. Stephen and Jim were friendly hosts with clear communication and a lot of recommendations of things to do in the area. Would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the Bywater.
Stephen and jim are the most welcoming and helpful hosts you could ever come across. They are easy to get in contact with and regularly Check up on you and see whether you need help or anything for the stay... The house itself is an absolute haven.. It is so cosy with all the things you could possibly need and more for the stay.. The toiletries, coffee, fully stocked fridge and helpful file of things to do are just a few of the extras that jim and Stephen provide for you..
Our stay in Nola was made even better because we stayed here.. I want to come back now to stay w them.. Cathy and Chris
We couldn't have asked for nicer hosts in a wonderful neighborhood full of hidden treasures. Our hosts were thoughtful, unobtrusive and extremely helpful in navigating our way around the Bywater. I highly recommend staying here and asking them about the local restaurants and bars-all their picks were great.
Stephen and Jim were incredible hosts. The place was better than described. We walked into to an immaculately clean and decorated space with music playing to welcome us. It could not have been a better experience.