About this listing
Book your stay in vibrant Williamsburg: one of Brooklyn's hippest up-and-coming neighborhoods!
Thank you for visiting our listing. Please look through our photos, and read our entire listing before sending us a message. While we receive many inquiries daily, we are certainly happy to clarify anything we may have missed. When writing us, please include in your message, what it is that attracted you to our listing. This helps us get a feel for who you are, and gauge our level of compatibility.
We have a private area with a futon, available in our 1BR apartment. Said area is walled in on 3.5 sides, with a privacy curtain completing the 4th. The futon is tucked away at the back of the loft, completely out of sight from anything happening downstairs. The apartment is split-level, and the entire upstairs would be yours to use.
Also in the loft, is a TV with Roku (like Apple TV), a dresser for storing clothing, fan, alarm clock, hair dryer, and luggage racks. Additionally, there's a small amount of space available for hanging clothing, and stowing backpacks or suitcases. Clean sheets, blankets, towels, and pillows are provided for all guests. The futon pulls out into a full sized bed, and there is an added memory foam cushion.
The shared space in the apartment features 16' ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, a 42" HDTV with Roku for TV, and movie streaming, comfy sectional couch, breakfast bar, central heat/air, and a furnished balcony.
While the kitchen is not included in the rental, we do welcome guests to heat or prepare basic meals, or store items in the fridge. Our daily routines, and the space restrictions of NY apartments make it difficult to fully share this space at all times. We appreciate your understanding.
The building is a walkup, we are on the second floor, and there is roof access, affording views of the Manhattan skyline. A laundromat is available a block and a half away, but we don't have a washer, or dryer on site. Our 3 cats also live with us in the apartment. It's essential that you don't have allergies, or aversions to cats.
Interaction with Guests
We're a couple in our early 30s, employed in creative fields. Lauren and I work during the week, M-TH, (and usually need to be in and out of the bathroom from about 7:15 - 9:15am). Most Fridays, Lauren works from home. As such, we ask that guests make a plan for their day, and be out exploring, from 10AM to 5PM. Upstairs, we've left a printed copy of our Airbnb guidebook, which highlights some of the many terrific bars, shops, and restaurants in the area.
We're conveniently located off the Montrose L stop, providing quick access to both Central Williamsburg, and the "Morgantown" area of East Williamsburg. The walk from the train stop to the apartment is about 3-5 minutes, depending on how fast you move. A 20 minute walk will put you at Williamsburg's McCarren Park, McCarren Park Pool, and Williamsburg Waterfront Park.
Nearby are many local cafés, our world famous restaurants (Roberta's Pizza), and an array of bars, boutiques, and vintage clothing stores to explore.
15 minutes on the L train puts you in Union Square; Manhattan. Directly beneath us is a 24 hour deli. On street parking is free, and is generally easy to obtain.
Other Things to Note
We are a green household. We ask that you please help us in our efforts by consistently recycling, and being conscious of water and energy consumption. We have designated recycling bins, and the recycling leaflet upstairs should answer any questions regarding what is recyclable, and what isn't.
We make every effort to keep personal items out of the common space, and appreciate if guests do the same. Please note that the hooks by the entry door are for personal use. We believe you will find ample storage upstairs in the guest area.
Guests will be furnished with one key. Please do not ask for additional keys. We have learned from experience, that guests who plan to come and go separately from one another, are not good matches for us as hosts.
We are a non-smoking apartment. We kindly ask that you please smoke while you're out exploring.
Please bear in mind; this is our home, it is not a hotel. It's very helpful to keep an open line of communication from beginning to end. While we're welcoming of all guests, our ideal matches are those who are coming to NY to explore the many attractions the city has to offer. Our space is probably not suited to those who "just need a place to crash".
Check in is at 3pm, and check out is 12 noon. If you need to make alternate arrangements, please let us know beforehand, and we will make every effort to accommodate.
• No shoes in the house, please. (shoes should be left on the mat by the front door)
• No additional guests or visitors, please.
• Always turn off all lights, heat/AC, shut the sliding glass door, and lock the front door with the key, when leaving.
• Weekdays, the bathroom is reserved from 7:15am – 9:15am so we can get ready for work. Of course you can use the bathroom during this time; just no showers, etc.
• Most Fridays, Lauren works from home. Guests need to please have plans from 10AM – 5PM.
• Please help us keep the bathroom tidy. There is only one, and we all have to share it. This includes, but is not limited to, removing hair from the drain after showering.
• While the kitchen is not included in the rental, we do welcome guests to heat or prepare basic meals, or store items in the refrigerator. Our daily routines, and the space restrictions of NYC apartments make it difficult to fully share the kitchen at all times. We appreciate your understanding.
• Please recycle (refer to the provided leaflet for any questions)
• Keep noise and lights to a minimum after midnight on weeknights, please.
• Kindly respect, and treat the cats as if they were your own animals.
• Do not smoke anywhere on the premises, please.
• Please do not leave open/used food containers upstairs. We don't want the cats getting into them, and we don't want to attract bugs, or vermin.
• Use the AC/heat within reason, please. If you need to turn it on, please keep AC at 76F, and heat at 64F.
• Please don't dispose of any organic materials (fruit peels, uneaten food, etc.) in the upstairs, or kitchen wastebasket. Instead, take a plastic bag from under the kitchen sink, collect scraps, and leave by the front door, so they can be immediately disposed of.
• Please strip the bed at the conclusion of your stay, and place used linens in the laundry basket provided.
• Guests will be given one key. Please do not lose the key, or ask for additionals.
You acknowledge that you'll be sharing the communal space with 3 cats. One cat- Claude, will damage wool/cashmere if left unattended. It's very important that you keep all clothing items tucked away, either in your suitcase, or in the dresser provided. We will not be held accountable for personal items improperly stored, and consequently cat ravaged.