1) Open Room with bright windows and curtains
2) Stay with an amazing host with a generous spirit
3) Must try Chai and local delights
4) Convenient location to explore Singapore, central and accessible to all parts of Singapore
++Please send me a message first to confirm availability before making a booking request on Airbnb. You can do so by clicking on the [contact host] button just on top of this paragraph.
***PLEASE read through everything below :)
What other guests are saying about this listing:
"I had a wonderful stay in the apartment, which is even more spacious, gleaming and well-organised than it appears in the photos, The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and everything felt sparkling new. " - Geoffrey, Airbnb Guest
Please feel free to read the other 40 reviews on my profile page to get a sense of our hosting style and values.
EXCELLENT LOCATION NEAR TRAIN STATIONS
- 15 minutes to Orchard Road by Taxi
- bus ride away to Marymount MRT station or Bishan MRT
- 2 Bus stops are 2-3 minutes walk from the house by foot with many bus services that get you to town (phone number hidden), etc
- 20-25 minute Taxi Ride from Airport
ROOM COMES WITH
- An aircon with a remote, so you can adjust the temperature to your liking
- A fan
- A set of clean bedsheets and towels for your stay.
- A large queen sized bed and open windows
- Storage space with a cupboard and bedside table.
- If you are 3 people, a spare mattress can be provided.
- Free high speed fibre internet wifi (200 mbps max speed)
cotton linens and fresh towels
Kitchen, fully-equipped: but for light cooking for you only
housekeeper service weekly of your room
Iron, Ironing Board, Hairdryer
All utilities are full-inclusive, no hidden or extra charges after you move in
We handle the final cleaning. Simply move out
The greatest part about living here is that there are plenty of good affordable vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options near Thomson Plaza that operate at all hours consisting of malay, indian, chinese, thai, spanish, australian, french food and more.
There are generally some breakfast items in the kitchen which you are welcomed to help yourself to...cereal, bread, jam, tea, coffee.
Thank you for reading!
1. Thomson plaza is nearby and holds everything you need: all shops + a clean food court serving local food, Starbucks with outside terrace and more western eateries, grocery store, laundromat, etc .
2. You can either walk to the nearby Marymount Station or jump on a bus at Thomson Plaza (shopping mall) which is just a few minutes walk from their house. It includes a great grocery store (Fair Price), restaurants, banks and Starbucks!
The public transportation in Singapore is amazing and you have quick access to either the MRT train system or the bus systems, just make sure to get a card for the bus and MRT (tap in on entering and tap off when exiting) one card works for both.
3.The apartment is equipped with a really clean and modern bathroom. The kitchen and house is kept fresh and clean because we have a domestic helper . The flat has many windows which gives the apartment a bright feeling.
Interaction with Guests
Plenty of interaction with guests or none if they prefer it that way as well. Normally, we like to be as hospitable as possible.
- Blend of the original Singapore where shophouses and local businesses maintain the color of local life
- Supermarket within 5 mins of walk
- Restaurants (Chinese,Italian, Malay,Korean, Hong Kong, Japanese,Vietnam) and Pubs within 5 to 15 mins of walk
- Affordable Local Unique Cuisine Food Centre
- Shopping Centre and Cinema within 10-15 minute bus ride
1) See the photos for more images on the neighborhood
2) The convenience of being close to the downtown area but not being engulfed by the noise and hustle.
3) A lot of options to eat, and I mean a lot!
4) A beautiful park where you can take an evening stroll, play football/soccer, practice qi gong (5 am every morning), and meditate by the pond if that's your thing.
5) Singapore's largest Buddhist Monastery : Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery. (That's a mouthful)
6) Kebun Baru Market at 226D Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, Singapore 564226
This market in Ang Mo Kio has been recently renovated. Handily located next to the shopping centre. Known for great meat, particularly chicken
Fatboy's The Burger Bar
One of the top burger joints in Singapore, it gets especially packed on weekends. We suggest American-style burgers like the Fat Basterd ($16) and Bolly Wooly ($11) - handsome, both in presentation and size.
Expect superb home-style French fare in a cozy ambiance at this three-month old establishment, which makes a choice spot for an intimate gathering. Their no-fuss menu of tapas ($8), starters ($12) and mains ($24) scored points with us. They've also got set meals for lunch and dinner. Try the scallops on rosemary skewers ($12) and rack of lamb ($24). If you're into vino, their wine list offers French, Australian and Chilean options.
La Petite Cuisine
Known for its French food at affordable prices, this popular eatery is the second outlet of Le Petite Cuisine. This humble little restaurant serves up dishes such as tender dory fish with fragrant white wine sauce and butter rice for just $12.50. Other standouts include pan-fried foie gras paired with orange confit ($18) and duck confit served with French fries ($16.50) - the ultra crispy texture of the duck skin is just yum.
Old School Delights
Truly old school and truly delightful - stepping into Old School Delights makes you feel like you've been transported back to a simpler time with benches and chalkboards. Have a bowl of their much-raved about mee siam ($4.50) or try out their cakes, such as grandma's butter cake ($2.80) and seriously dark chocolate cake ($4.20), while you sit back and reminisce about bygone times.
Our Bread Garden
Hot selling local favorites like curry buns ($1.60) and otah buns ($1.80) can be found here.
This bakery also prides itself on producing homemade bread with no preservatives, chemical additives or artificial essence - making this little hide-out a great place for no-fuss, healthy and very affordable afternoon tea.
This ice cream store may only have a few flavors on its menu, but that's good enough to keep us coming back for more. You have to give their salted caramel ice cream a go, but the rum and raisin is another standout with its pleasantly sharp alcoholic taste balanced well with sweetness. It's a mere $2.50 per scoop - talk about a steal.
While their décor could do with some improvement, their ice cream is a real winner.
You can watch them whip the mixture into shape with spatulas on an open counter.
The shop owner claims this method reduces the air content in ice cream and increases solidity, giving rise to slower-melting and chewier ice cream. We love the durian ice cream, with a texture reminiscent of actual durian flesh. Other flavors worth a try are the avocado, rum and raisin and jackfruit. $2.90 per scoop.
Stevo's Salads 'n' Such
The rustic, laidback feel of Perth is what owner Stephen brings to you here. Their chili mussels ($10) complemented by a tasty sauce with tomato chunks are delightfully succulent, and their extensive salad selection (from $6.50) includes unconventional options like apple coleslaw along with classics like Caesar salad. If you fancy spicy food, give their buffalo wings heat challenge (from $8.50) a go.
There are 2 bus stops that get you almost anywhere in Singapore. They are a 2-3 minute walk from the house.
The nearest MRT is Marymount and the second nearest is Bishan MRT. Both are accessible by a direct bus.
Other Things to Note
We pride ourselves in accurate listings (please see our 40+ reviews). When you check-in rooms will look just like on the photos, in great condition and maintenance, and everything you see will be provided. Our photos were updated in May 2014.
HOW TO BOOK / ANY QUESTIONS?
Please do check our calendar for available dates. Our calendar is kept up to date: Green means available. Red means taken.
Please send us a message if you need any clarification, if we can work out if this location would be great for you, or if you have any special requests.
CORPORATE AND PRIVATE BOOKINGS WELCOME
Airbnb issues you a receipt/itinerary for your stay which is generally suitable to claim back your expenses. If you need additional receipts, simply tell us during your stay and we will be happy to arrange what you need.
1) Please no smoking in the house.
2) Please No Loud noises at night.
3) Be considerate and kind, courteous and respectful. We are delighted to have you stay with us and will treat you like family,
4) No other guests invited. The room is only for you.
5) Laundry can be done in the shopping mall nearby which has a laundromat.
6) Please keep the keys safe. There will be a $50 fee for misplaced keys.
Thank you! See you soon!
My stay at Sam's was awesome! I stayed there for 2 months, the room was extremely clean and bright - just the way I like it. Sam's been a great host with her generosity and hospitality. Sam's family members are all beautiful people inside and out! I'll definitely come back and stay again.
My stay with Arif and his family was awesome, and I can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys feeling part of a family. The room was very comfortable with lots of space and a strong aiir conditioning unit the shower and bathroom is very clean at all times. There is a modern shopping mall within a 10 minute walk, as well as bus stops and a bus route that can get you to the MRT, within 2.stops. I will definitely be staying again with Arif and his family when I return to Singapore, and I thank them for their kind hospitality and thoughtfulness.
I stayed with the Khan family for a week last month and am glad i chose to do so! They are extremely friendly, hospitable and I can't think of even one reason to complain. My stay was comfortable and very much at home like.
Thank you Arif!
This was my second stay with Arif. As expected, Arif and the rest of the family were just awesome. If your travels bring you to Singapore and you're looking for a place to say, I would highly recommend you to consider Arif's place.
I had a wonderful stay in Arif's apartment, which is even more spacious, gleaming and well-organised than it appears in the photos. All the family were friendly and helpful when needed, and the home has a great buzz about it- everyone seems engaged in a full life. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and everything felt sparkling new. The second room seemed just as good. The wifi worked very well, and they were extremely understanding of my hefty cloud-backup requirements. Overall the home is like a distillation of all that is best about modern Singapore.
I was just looking for a bed in Singapore on my house hunting trip. I picked this one in order to understand the commute to work in real life not only on Saturday morning …
What I got was some really good friends + a good understanding of the commute.
Arif and his family make this lovely tea according to their own recipe and I advised them to take it to market, you will love it. The biggest asset to this BnB is the host family and the maid. They all show an interest in your background and help you get settled in, attributing to get you up to speed with their own specialty. Conversations will touch on real estate, local HR practices and the easiest way to commute to a certain place. All in all this family is a good friendly starting point into Singapore.
The apartment is brand new, well done and clean, the bathroom holds a shower,sink and toilet.
The room itself is bright, with a desk to get some work done a new AC and enough space to fit your belongings. Wi-Fi was available throughout the apartment.
The location is somewhat close to Orchard Road, 15 min. cab.
The Thomson plaza is nearby and holds everything you need: all shops + a clean food court serving local food, Starbucks with outside terrace and more western eateries. The laundry can be easily done, while visiting a pedicure for a reasonable price, massage is also available.
I would definitely recommend this place to friends.
This host has 40 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi I'm Sam.
It's my privilege to welcome you to Singapore and I am happy you've chosen to stay with us!
Please feel free to read our reviews for the Khan Family home and get in touch!