About this listing
Be a Pearl Street local, right in West Pearl, perfect for your Boulder experience! Blend into a neighborhood that is three or four blocks from hiking trails, bike paths, the exceptional restaurants of Pearl Street, charming boutiques. Yet this house is impossibly quiet & peaceful.
This unique home in the West Pearl Historic District is three blocks from Pearl Street shopping, galleries, cafes, night-life and dining, yet incredibly quiet residential setting 3-4 blocks from popular Red Rocks trail heads; two blocks from Boulder Creek and bike paths. 10 minute walk to CU Campus. There’s even a 24-hour convenience store two blocks away! For public transit, there's a bus stop a few feet from the house.
You'll be relaxing in a three-level town home, right on Pearl at the end of a shared drive with enclosed two-car garage parking. This property is not a luxury vacation rental, but rather my home where I live every day and would love to share with you.
MASTER BEDROOM: Comfortable, colorful relaxing room with very high ceilings on the top level with an outside deck. There’s a 42” wall mounted HD monitor with Apple TV as well.
-Queen Bed with down comforter, 1,200 thread count sheets
-Armoire with empty top drawer for guests
-Full Master Bath extra medicine chest space for guests
-Jacuzzi, large walk in closet with space reserved
-PILLOW MENU- your choice with ten days notice!
GUEST BEDROOM: This is a very small room with a double bed, not queen, so it can be very cozy for two adults!
-Double Bed, down pillows,
Small desk, empty chest for guests and small closet.
-Please note the Double Bed is best for children or one adult.
-Guest Bath is separate just outside the Guest Bedroom
The kitchen is bright, charming and fully functioning with dishwasher, range and a small breakfast room and table for four. Feel free to enjoy the kitchen with utensils, dishes and coffee maker.
There is a large dining room table for eight, which can be pulled away from the wall for full dinner setting. This room also opens onto the lower deck.
LIVING & ENTERTAINMENT ROOMS
There is a very comfortable living room with (URL HIDDEN) well as entertainment lower level with complete Hi-Def home theater. The lower level includes a relaxing entertainment room, 52" Samsung with DirectTV full HD package, Blu-ray players and movie library along with separate laundry.
LINENS AND TOWELS
Fresh linens are provided based on number of guests and length of stay. There is full laundry on the lower level with detergents for your use. Please let us know if you have special requests for linens, pillows, etc. and we'll do our best to accommodate!
NOTE: The owner's home office is in accessible during the stay....we hope you understand.
You'll enjoy the full house with the exception of my private office and storage room.
Interaction with guests
Someone will always be available to assist you by phone, text or email during your stay. If something's not working or (like me) you need help with the remote controls, just let us know!
West Pearl is a destination within Boulder! It's charm, close proximity to anything and everything keep this part of Pearl Street in big demand. You can check out the neighborhood with this link: (URL HIDDEN)
There is bus transportation directly across the street, a major bike rental shop three blocks away and Boulder is loaded with Über &B Lyft cars! You are minutes from everything. If you have a rental car, you can probably leave it in my big garage for much of your stay!
Other things to note
Please note that THE HOUSE IS NOT AIR CONDITIONED but with fans and good ventilation it stays comfortable most of the Summer.
TAKING CARE OF THE HOUSE
Please know that this is a personal residence and guests are expected to keep things clean and uncluttered with an effort to leave things the way you found them....just like most of you would do if staying with family or good friends.
If you're traveling with small children, please advise in advance. We can arrange for a crib and high chair. Child safety plugs, door knob locks, etc. are strictly the responsibility of the guest.
We DO have a professional cleaning service and they typically need about two hours after a guest checks out. With this in mind, we ask that you:
1. Try and recycle towels (we have plenty, but try and use them more than once.
2. Keep used dishes in the dishwasher and run them when it's getting full.
3. Clean up food, spills, stains, etc. (like you would at home); if you have a serious spill (like red wine), please notify me and let me know.
4. Keep trash in the kitchen trash bin and, when full, take it out to the large trash can in the garage.
6. You are NOT responsible for washing sheets and linens, etc. We are happy to take care of that for you.
If you can help us keep departure housekeeping to a reasonable amount, we will give you lots of extra stars in our review!
- No smoking inside the house
- No pets without prior arrangement
- Enjoy the Kitchen and please note: Feel free to use condiments and small amounts of spices and seasonings
- Bottled water and coffee are available for your stay
- Please bring your own wine and liquor; as you would understand, mine is not available for guests under any circumstances
- Please remove shoes at the door during bad weather
- Refrain from noise and loud music after 10 PM
- We share the driveway with three other neighbors; please never park in or block the driveway
- The Home Office is locked an inaccessible to guests. I must keep confidential client and business data there, so please understand.
- IN CASE OF MANDATORY EMERGENCY EVACUATION DUE TO THREAT OF FIRE, GUEST RESERVATION WILL CANCEL IMMEDIATELY. GUESTS MUST EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY. THE HOST WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BELONGINGS LEFT BEHIND OR DAMAGED DURING THE EVACUATION. GUESTS SHOULD APPLY TO AIRBNB FOR A REFUND BASED ON EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES.
I'm a Southerner (Mississippi, New Orleans) living in Boulder, enjoying the quality of life here as well as traveling for business and pleasure. I am the Co-Founder of Black and Wright, LLC, a global travel industry strategy firm founded here in 2001 (check us out on LinkedIn). I am also a former Managing Partner of a popular hideaway resort in Belize, and I still love hospitality! Airbnb is a way for me to find ways to offer a great experience in the unique and special town that I love.
Recently, I've been spending a lot of time in China, both for business and visiting with good friends in Jiangsu Province. On the other side of the world, I love my visits to Mississippi and New Orleans...and, of course, I head South to Belize to enjoy the one-of-kind experience and the friends I've known there over the last 25 years (Victoria House is by far the best!).
When I'm not on a plane, I take advantage of the quality of life Boulder and Colorado offer, including biking (everywhere), hiking and occasionally skiing nearby. I love the Boulder restaurant scene, and you will, too!