Rhonda designed our lower-level, so it’s filled with her trademark whimsical touches while serving its main purpose: to make sure your stay is entirely comfortable and relaxing. The space is large (525 sf) and features a private bathroom with shower and lots of amenities (see below). Because we’re in a quiet Southwest Portland neighborhood we’re slightly lacking when it comes to per capita wacky Portlandia types. BUT there are birds, (and plenty of ’em!), humongous trees and friendly neighbors.
• About 10-15 minutes from downtown on I-5 •Quiet, safe, residential neighborhood
• Three minutes to quaint Multnomah Village with restaurants, artsy boutiques, bars and coffee shops
• 30 – 40 minutes from scenic wine country
• 90 minutes from the beautiful Oregon Coast
• Private, nicely remodeled basement room: it's cool in summer, toasty warm in winter
• Comfortable queen bed and an additional air mattress upon request
• Large sitting area with sofa, easy chair, ottoman, cable TV with many premium channels, desk/computer area
• Private, separate full bathroom with shower
• Walk-in closet
• Coffeemaker with coffee
• Laundry facilities
• Attached garage space is available for car, bike, and miscellaneous storage
• Nearby parks for strolling and jogging
• Baby equipment: a Pack and Play, small inflated bed, high-chair, toys and books.
• Rhonda's a designer.
• Doug's a writer. As you can see, he’s an expert at creating bullet notes.
• Both work out of the home on upper levels.
• We've lived here more than 20 years, so we're happy to offer advice about restaurants, sights to see, etc.
Guests have full access to main floor: living room, fireplace, kitchen, dining nook and deck.
Interaction with guests
We'll be here during your stay and very much enjoy interacting with our guests.
Other things to note
** Please note that prior to booking, we require guests to have multiple (i.e., two or more) verifications on the airbnb site (including a government-issued I.D.), plus a photo of you. **
Our ASTR permit number is 14-250883-000-00-HO
UPCOMING PORTLAND EVENTS
Portland does not shut down after Labor Day!
• Restaurants are continuing to open at a breakneck speed. This year alone, 1600 new restaurants have opened! Just kidding. But there are so many high-quality new eateries that it's difficult to keep up.
• Post-Labor Day, the theatre scene just begins to ramp up with a wide selection of new plays and revivals by local theatres, and big-name Broadway shows that play at the Keller Auditorium or the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.
• We've heard good things about the free "Secrets of Portlandia" walking tour given by Erik Kennon. It runs until the end of September. You can find more info about the tour on his website.
• Like stand-up comedy? The Helium Club hosts big-name and upcoming comedians on a regular basis.
• The Aladdin Theatre regularly presents some of the best musical artists and popular comedians in an intimate environment. occasional big-time comedians as well. Learn more about their schedule on their site.
• One of our favorite events is the Portland International Film Festival, which runs in February. For fans of cinema, this is a real treat.
We're flexible with check-in time but please give us a 2 hour window of arrival time and we request arrival prior to 10pm (but special arrangements can be made). No smoking in the house, but there is a smoking area in the garage or outside on the deck. We request that guests park in the driveway, in front of the right hand garage door. Just to reiterate, we are a pet-free premises.
Rhonda is a residential designer, originally from Iowa. Doug is a freelance writer and hails from New York, NY. We both work from home.
Both of us landed here in Portland in the late 1980s, back when it was transitioning from a sleepy little logging town, so we've seen monumental changes, most of them pretty good. We're tuned into the restaurant and performing arts scenes, so we're happy to give our guests recommendations and advice.