About This Listing
Great A Frame cabin in highly desirable Agate Bay, just 1 block to the lake. Large front and back decks for a BBQ or laying out in the sun. Minutes to many ski areas in the winter months. Very easy access.
Come and Enjoy!
Looking for that adorable cabin for a quiet getaway... for a long ski weekend, to sit by the wood burning stove and read a good book, to watch the snowfall, to go hiking on a snow trail in the forest...............well you've found it!
This coveted Agate Bay "A" Frame cabin has a beautiful knotty pine interior with a bedroom downstairs and an additional bedroom in the loft. Additional fold-out allows for extra guests. Kitchen and bathroom on the main level. An excellent wood-burning stove to cuddle up to and keep warm! The cabin also has a paved parking area for 3 vehicles. On a 1/4 acre lot located just 1 block up from the main Lake Tahoe highway.
Agate Bay is located between Carnelian Bay and Tahoe Vista on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Tahoe. Just minutes to all of the ski resorts (Northstar, Homewood, Alpine and Squaw Valley) and 10 minutes to Kings Beach, 15 minutes to the casinos at stateline. Restaurants, shops and the lake just minutes away.
Public transportation to all of N. Lake Tahoe and the ski resorts just 1/2 block away.......
RENTAL MINIMUM STAYS IN WINTER ARE 5 NIGHTS, 4 nights in Spring /Fall and 4 nights in Summer. Holidays may require 1 week rentals. Repeat renters in good standing are provided a seasonal discount of 5-15%. Have more fun, stay more often! Inquire about discounted weekly rentals.
Lake Tahoe can't be beat, all 4 seasons! You won't be disappointed when you stay at this fantastic family affordable cabin in the winter, summer, spring or fall. Bring all the toys and please drive safely!
Full use of Cabin, decks, BBQ and large lot, parking for vehicles.
Interaction with Guests
We interact and help guests as much as they need.
Great quiet neighborhood in one of the best communities at Lake Tahoe, just minutes to everywhere, close proximity to various beaches, ski areas, hiking trails and shopping. Casinos just a few minutes away at Stateline in Crystal Bay!
Yes North Tahoe Transit stops 1 block away.
Other Things to Note
Please note that the cabin does not have a garage, it also does not have a washer and dryer nor a dishwasher. Lovely nonetheless!
10.0% Placer County Occupancy Tax is NOT INCLUDED when you book through Airbnb. You pay that directly to us by Paypal or check. You will be informed of your tax total after you book. The tax is due after booking.
1) Occupants will follow normal occupancy guidelines of the community during their stay, including the rights of others to quiet enjoyment of their tenancy and homes. This includes no excessive noise, safe and normal tenancy and maintenance of all facilities in an owner-like fashion.
2) Maximum Occupancy - There shall be no more than six (6) overnight occupants.
3) Quiet Enjoyment – All guests are required to observe regular quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Excessive noise is not allowed at any time. Noise disturbances may result in an eviction.
4) Parking – Vehicles shall be parked in guest parking spaces only. Absolutely no parking is allowed at any time in posted fire lanes and on the street in the winter snow season. Only two (2) cars are permitted. Parking is prohibited for campers, boats, trailers and recreational vehicles without owner written pre-approval.
5) NO SMOKING / NO PETS ALLOWED
6) Minimum Age – Bookings/rentals will not be made to singles under 24 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian/parent.
7) Additional Cleaning Fee – If the unit is found to be excessively dirty, guests will be charged an additional cleaning fee of $35.00 per hour.
8) Damages – Any damage done to the property by the guest and/or any occupants during the rental term, may be assessed at the actual cost of repairs regardless of the amount of the Security Deposit. Guests are responsible for replacing and/or paying for any missing or damaged items
10) Hold Harmless - Landlord shall not be obligated to Tenant for any loss incurred by Tenant from acts or actions beyond the Landlord's control. Specifically, weather, loss of power, acts of terrorism, accident, slippage on ice or other natural disaster. Lost or forgotten items in or on the property are the responsibility of the Tenant. The Landlord shall not be responsible for their value but shall endeavor to retrieve them and return them at Tenant's expense.
11) Internet Use - Please abide by all rules of ISP. Any misuse may result in the loss of Guest's security deposit.
Great place! We would love to stay again, very quiet and close to the lake!
Super location (For hiking, skiing and family holiday...)
Nice place, completely independent.
Great fun with the fire place and with the cooking.
greetings from Belgium,
Marc & the girls
Found the cabin as described. Good condition, charming, comfortable, convenient.
Had some problems with heating and hot water the first couple of nights, but it sorted itself out later. Owner refunded some money for the inconvenience. Step-ladder up to loft-bedroom not for the faint-of-heart or for couch-potatoes, but adds to the character of the place all the same.
All in all, enjoyed our stay here.
David - Curious, as we have not experienced any difficulties with the heater or water heater and no guest before or after you experienced any difficulties either. I can only surmise that you inadvertently set the digital thermostat for fan only or for cool air that first night. In any event pleased you were able to rectify the 2nd day. Yes the ladder with rails to the upstairs loft bedroom may be difficult for those not used to an "A" frame, but in 20+ years no one has ever mentioned any difficulty before you, including grand parents and young children. You'll note the ladder in the pictures. Suggest you consider a hotel stay in the future when coming to the mountains.......
Great cabin to share with our family for a little pre-xmas getaway. The house was great, everything was thought of for the incoming guest. We met John and his wife and they were a lovely couple- great communication, very welcoming and very detail oriented.
We seriously loved our time at the cabin. A very unique place to come and stay.
Thanks to you both.
The stay at the cabin was wonderful! Perfect for 2 people over the Thanksgiving week. Cabin was clean and well appointed. The kitchen is well stocked with an assortment of pots/pans and knives. Newer oven and good quality coffee pot! We cooked most of our meals there, including Thanksgiving. The bed is comfortable and the bath is in good shape. Loved the neighborhood, convenient to all things Lake Tahoe without feeling like we were overcrowded. John promptly answered all of our questions and concerns!
My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at John's cabin in the North Lake Tahoe area. The cabin was cozy and the neighborhood was beautiful and quiet making it perfect for our time away from work. We decided to make all of our meals instead of going out and the cabin provided everything needed for that. Even had a grill on the deck with a bag of charcoal which was awesome since we had forgotten to buy charcoal at the local grocery store. Communication with John was simple as was the info sent for directions and use of the place. Absolutely no complaints and highly recommend John's cabin for anyone wanting to get away from it all.
This host has 57 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, John
My wife Karen and I are now retired and enjoying the Lake Tahoe lifestyle all four seasons. I'm trying to improve my golfing skills while she's an avid hiker and biker. We have three grown sons all pursuing their careers in the SF Bay Area, where all of us grew up. We love to travel in the off seasons and are looking forward to visiting airbnb properties in Europe, South America and Asia the next few years, while keeping our home base here in the Sierras. If we find a better place we'll let you know, but after all these years, Lake Tahoe is tough to beat!
Come to Tahoe, relax and enjoy the finest beauty nature has to offer! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and we would be more than happy to point you in the right direction!
Great place for drinks and meals on their sunny deck!
Great Safeway with a Starbucks, 5 minutes away.
Good resort with all levels of ski terrain.
Good restaurants, spa and casino.
Largest resort near North Shore. Most popular for its terrain, size and Olympic history.