About this listing
The word Shangri-La evokes the imagery of the exoticism of the Orient, created as an idyllic, sacred place of refuge for Buddhists during times of strife. A happy land, isolated from the outside world. This best describes my house, situated on the corner of - translated - relax and laugh.
Spanish style oasis with beautiful views, lots of light, and located just steps away from the coolest restaurants, shops, and the biggest booming arts scene LA has to offer.
Silverlake wins Best Hipster Neighborhood in US, says Forbes.
Farmer's Market on Saturday and Tuesday is a stone's throw away. Ten minutes from Downtown, blocks away from the 101, 10 and 110, as well as the 2 and 5 freeways. A five minute walk to Intelligentsia - the best coffee in LA, or Tropical, also serving up a mean cup of coffee along with the best egg avocado croissant sandwiches you could ever ask for.
My home is a two bedroom, with:
- high speed internet
- spacious, comfortable living area with working marble fireplace
- large eat-in kitchen with all cooking tools you'll need, gas stove, espresso machine, top of the line juicer!
- a Balinese cabana set in a tropical enclave, Moroccan lamps, beautiful and comfortable cushions, dark wood furniture, outdoor speakers, alluring privacy
- high on a hill, away from the noise of Sunset Blvd, but close enough to walk to it in minutes (please be aware, there are a significant amount of stairs to the front door, but you get accustomed to them right away! If you need assistance with your luggage, I am happy to help)
- soft sheets, plush towels
- Beautiful, serene, and so peaceful.
MASTER ROOM: Queen size Tempur-Pedic mattress, set in the back of the house, quiet, dark, one of the best night's sleep you'll have in a long time.
GUEST ROOM/OFFICE: Queen sized bed, large wooden desk, all day sunshine (with curtains), one large closet and ample dresser space.
EXTRA PEOPLE: The L-shaped sofa in the living area sleeps 2 comfortably.
Expect to have a quiet, relaxed stay in a truly beautiful and harmonious space. I love my home, and I think you will too. Enjoy yourself!!
The house was built in 1923, please treat it with care.
The house is not child-proofed. Sorry, no young children.