About this listing
A brief description of the Chai House:
The 12 T Houses are a unique community in a beautiful setting with guests from all over the world. Enjoy the privacy of your own space or mix with interesting people and make new Balinese and international frie
The house offers you an experience to stay in an environmentally friendly and ecologically sustainable compound. Which is a part of Balinese village life. The house is for people who love to meet other people. Kids usually make new friends when they stay here.
The house is fully staffed.You have maids and a driver
The house is away from everything, yet close enough to the city of Ubud.
The house has 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms that accommodates 4 gron-ups and one teenager
There is a swimming pool for you to use.
Wi Fi Connection is available in the house.
About 1 hour drive to Ngurai Rai International Airport. We give 50% discount on transport from the airport to the house.
Ubud, a town in central Bali, is far removed from the crowded scene in Kuta, and is regarded as the cultural centre of Bali. It is famous as an arts and crafts hub, and much of the town and nearby villages seems to consist of artists' workshops and galleries. There are some remarkable architectural and other sights to be found, and a general feeling of well being to be enjoyed, all thanks to the spirit, surroundings, and climate of the place.
Interaction with Guests
through email,as I live in Bangkok house in Bali
have to arrange yourself.motorbikes can be rented
bikes can be rented.cars can be rented but its not a good idea
Other Things to Note
Extra (sofa) bed requires an additional fee of $5 per day.
not whining about small things
Our experience of Chai T House was mixed.
* The house is beautiful, exactly as shown in photos, with nice outdoor bathrooms and comfortable beds. The pool is great, the grounds well looked after. It also feels like a very safe area.
* The place is close to Ubud yet away from the hustle and bustle of the main strip.
* The vegetarian restaurant nearby is excellent and so cheap.
* Putu the driver is the sweetest, most knowledgeable and helpful person we have ever met in Bali :)
The not so positives:
* The breakfast, which is included in the rental, is small and served around 9am, which was really late for us. We asked to have it earlier but this was not possible, and also asked for more food but only got a very small amount more and this was still insufficient. We were three fit and active people and this was frustrating.
* We stayed at Chai House in peak season and the traffic in and out of Ubud was a nightmare. In no traffic the house is an quick 5-10 minute drive from the center, but it could take up to an hour with traffic. Renting a scooter is therefor a must and you need to be comfortable handling traffic Bali style.
* There are only two places to eat near the house, the vegetarian place (which as mentioned above, is awesome), and a little hotel with expensive and mediocre food served in small portions to make you buy more.
* Overall the house needs a little TLC, it was not very clean (bathrooms especially), the fan wasn't working properly in the downstairs room and the shower didn't drain well.
We would recommend this house outside of peak season, for people who are happy to rent scooters.
The host canceled this reservation 14 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Staying at the Chai House was elegant yet very diverse. It provides the experience of sinking into Balanese culture and village life without having to sacrifice comfortably. The villa is located within an adequate distance of Ubud and is surrounded by lush vegetation. The interior is spacious and provides the majority of amenities that could wish for.
Overall a very pleasant experience, one which I would happily relive.
Many thanks to the kind staff and Mr Hallen for clear and concise information.
Perfect place to spend some time in Ubud.
Well located: about 1 hour from the airport (depends on the traffic)
Close from Ubud (10 minutes by car)
Gerry arrange a driver for us from airport to T house. The greatest driver ever!
The villa is very spacious (we were 3 friends, spending 5 nights in Chai T House)
Clean and very well equipped. The bathroom is outside and it's very nice.
Every morning, 1 person of the staff comes to your place to make the breakfast (juice, fresh fruits, eggs, pancakes...) Very good breakfast.
The swimming pool is very useful after a complete day in Ubud area. Amazing view on the rice field.
Only thing I would like to notice is the noise made by the staff as we were close from the staff building (in front of actually).
Wat een fantastisch huis. Heerlijke plek om even tot rust te komen na de drukte van Ubud. Fantastisch personeel die een heerlijk ontbijt maakt en fijn zwembad. Prachtig ingericht. Kan iedereen aanraden hier te boeken.
Bali T House Klod - Chai House
Lovely place. The staff are wonderful and the setting is very pretty, you definately feel like you are in Bali. Sits right on the edge of peaceful rice paddies, tall palm trees and jungle feel. I loved that the location was within a little village just outside of the main Ubud area. It is about 5 minute drive to Ubud (closer to 10 if you are going to the centre) but that means it's also lovely and quiet. The staff can easily organise you transport. Each morning the staff make you either a pancake (3 of them) or eggs with a little bit of fruit and tea or coffee. Both are yum but not a giant filler so if you need a large breakfast you'll need to head into Ubud. Any problems we had were fixed super quick by the staff. For instance the pictures show a bathtub which I needed for my baby but there wasn't one when we arrived. Within 3 hours and without even telling us they had purchased a little tub for us to bath him in and also dropped off an extra mosquito net to cover his bed. The staff also clean the place daily, fresh towels and every few days the sheets are changed. Also included is half price airport transfer. The pool is just outside your villa and has a couple of lounge chairs and a bale you can hang out in. The outlook from the upstairs room is absolutely stunning and the ground floor room (which is separate to the t house part) is spacious. The only thing missing is a super cosy chair to relax in. There is plenty of table seating outdoors but no comfy couch, there is however a single beanbag type chair which you can move around and there is a couch/day bed in the ground floor room). Gerry (owner) responded pretty quickly to emails and was fair in dealings/negotiations/arrangements. The only other downfall is there are some cows just down the drive that are pretty stinky at different times of day but they are working to fix this situation (my husband leo said he didn't notice the smell). All in all it's beautiful, well kept with great staff and I'd stay here again.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews