About this listing
Bright, spacious one-bedroom home that can accommodate up to 3 guests comfortably! Steps (seriously, about a minute's walk) from express Q subway station & Prospect Park. Only 20 minutes to Union Square & 35 minutes to midtown Manhattan!
Entrance to the apartment - small hallway. The front door is to my right and a coat closet is to my left (not shown in the photo). You can see the entrance to the kitchen directly in front of you and the living room is to the right.
Hi there! I adore my apartment and I hope you will too. This is a large, clean, ultra-comfortable true one bedroom located about one minute from the Prospect Park B/Q/S trains. The Q takes about 20 minutes to Union Square and 35 minutes to midtown. Please do note, this is a no-shoes apartment.... I obviously won't be there to enforce but would love it if you would take off your shoes when entering my home. Thank you!
If you're looking to "live" in a comfortable, homey environment with all of a home's amenities during your stay, look no further! Additionally, since I'm just across the street from the train, I've never, as a woman living alone, felt unsafe about taking the train late at night. There's a 24 hour deli on my one minute walk home from the station and the walk is well-lit - this is a super safe place to stay in terms of very little walking necessary on dark streets to get home.
Just FYI - Saturday 11/17 arrival is ideal. I'll be leaving Saturday for DC with the other set of keys, so if you lock yourself out during your stay, you'll be responsible for a locksmith's services... sorry!
- fresh sheets/towels/shampoo/body wash provided
- one empty drawer in dresser and one empty shelf in bathroom for your use
- some space in the closets with hangers for you to hang your clothes
- full internet/cable/DVR (no HBO)
- one set of keys
- queen sized tempurpedic bed in a full sized bedroom with large windows and a huge dresser
- large living room with 42 inch hdtv, comfortable seating, great decorations (if I do say so myself... ;))
- entrance hallway with seating bench for putting on/taking off shoes, full-length mirror, and coat closet
- futon in living room that folds out into a bed that sleeps one very comfortably, can sleep two in a pinch if both are small-ish
- large, fully equipped kitchen (soda stream, slow cooker, tea kettle, kitchen aid, creme brulee torch... I LOVE to cook and have the pots/pans/gadgets to prove it. You're welcome to use them all!)
- decor is kind of Indian/ethnic/colorful... if this will really grate on you, be forewarned!
- extra fans in case of heat, humidifier in bedroom
- high ceilings with HUGE windows in every room - very light and airy!
- tub/shower with great water pressure and super hot water if you want
- grocery store 2 blocks away
- a two minute walk to Prospect Park
- a decent brunch/dinner place across the street and TONS of great restaurants within a 20 minute walk or 10 minute S train (shuttle) ride (or downtown Manhattan with its ridiculous plethora of eating options is like 20 minutes away...). The immediate neighborhood honestly doesn't have too much to offer in terms of bars/restaurants, but all the basic necessities are available and everything you could want to access is so close via the Q that you won't feel the pinch of there not being much around the immediate vicinity.
- The Brooklyn Botanic garden is a 10 minute walk and the Brooklyn Museum is a 20 minute walk
- a few 24 hour delis just around the corner (under a 30 second walk)
- I'm available via text/phone/email for your stay in case of any questions/concerns
I strongly prefer if just a couple or two people stay here, but will consider up to four. Extra guests over two people incur extra fees.
Feel free to send me any questions. I hope you'll want to make yourself at home!
Interaction with Guests
I'm available as much as you need me via phone and email!
Bright, tree-lined, friendly - I love living here and hope you'll enjoy visiting!
The B/Q/S express subway station is about a minute's walk away. It makes getting around so easy.
- No shoes in the apartment. I don't like wearing shoes at home because of cleanliness, but it also matters for noise... I don't hear a lot of noise from my neighbors to the left and right but noise does travel up and down the floors. We all try to be respectful in my building.
- Guests are absolutely welcome to my million books and DVDs, but please don't take them with you when you leave - I'm very attached!
- If arriving Saturday 11/17 early morning, I can give you keys and show you around. Otherwise you will pick up keys from a friend next door in my building. In case of the latter, I'll leave a printout with house directions and helpful info.
- More than two guests incurs extra fees.
- Towels/sheets/shampoo/body wash provided. Please don't use other items, including food/drinks in fridge/cabinets.
- Wifi/cable/heat/electric/all utilities included.
- No overnight guests unless approved before your stay.
- Quiet after midnight, please respect our neighbors.
- Dishes are cleaned, dried, and put away promptly after use.
- Use coasters when putting drinks on any furniture - the dresser especially stains if you so much as LOOK at it.
- No pets.
- No smoking in the apartment.
- Please leave apartment as it was when you arrived. No need to strip the bed, but please do take out your trash and make sure everything you used is put away.
I had a wonderful time staying in Nidhi's apartment. Her place, was clean and comfortable. She was conveniently located across the street from the subway, as well as a wonderful deli that was always open. Parking was easy and free, which was a huge plus. Nidhi has an awesome selection of books and movies, to help you unwind if you have any downtime from sightseeing. One thing I'd mention is that the apartment is not far from a busy. Nidhi is very responsive to any questions you might have. I'd highly recommend her place.
About the Host, Nidhi
I'm pretty laid back and normal. I love to read - I do work at a publishing house! I also love taking Indian dance lessons (bollywood/bhangra) and cooking. My family (parents, brother) are based in DC and my sister/bro-in-law are based in California - I visit both all the time. Although I travel a ton, New York is a FABULOUS place to live - so much to do and see and EAT here! I know you'll love the city as much as I do. Especially if you stay in my apartment ;)
I haven't rented out this space before and I absolutely adore living here... so I hope that people who want to stay here love it like I do, and are as kind to it as I am!