About this listing
THE APARTMENT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
THE APARTMENT-**Location, Location, Location**
This one bedroom apartment is in the heart of Central London only minutes away from Oxford Street, Marble Arch, Hyde Park, Edgware Road, Paddington, Notting Hill and Harley Street.
The apartment is on the 4th floor of a Victorian Period Building in a quiet residential area.
The apartment comprises of a fully fitted kitchen, shower room and a lounge with a sofa bed which can comfortably sleep 2 persons.
The apartment is ideal for 4 persons or a family.
The apartment comes with
-Full Bed Linen.
-Basic Breakfast ie Tea, coffee and Cereals.
-Televisions with built in DVD players in the Lounge and Bedroom.
-Fully equipped kitchen including Washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, cooking facilities.
Heathrow airport is no more that 45 minutes away as Paddington Station only 10-15 minutes away,
Ideally located with 3 underground/metro stations within 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
The apartment is served by numerous bus routes day and night.
THE LOCAL AREA
THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE LONDON AT ITS BEST!!!
OXFORD STREET, the premier shopping street in Europe is under a mile(1km) walk from the apartment. It is one and a half miles(2km) from end to end and is a shoppers paradise. Most shops open 10am until 6 or 7pm. Many also open on Sunday from 12 to 6pm with late nights on Thursday. Oxford Street is best known for Selfridges and the other big department stores which are all found in the section from Marble Arch to Oxford Circus, along with most of the big-name multinationals such as Nike, Primark, Topshop, Apple, etc. It's more of the same towards Tottenham Court Road, but generally on a smaller scale. Oxford Street is said to be the busiest shopping street in Europe.
The section of Edgware Road near to Marble Arch is famous for its distinctive Middle-Eastern character. Lebanese restaurants, shisha cafes and clubs line both sides of the road, with some staying open late into the night. Marble Arch station is a few minutes walk from the southern end of Edgware Road.
Just a short step away from the tourist hordes, the apartment still has the feel of a real neighbourhood, the wealthy residents are becoming ever more attractive as Harley Street, the traditional home of England's best doctors, has recently become the heart of the UK's flourishing plastic surgery industry.
The beautiful architecture (the Wallace Collection is a must) and the open spaces of Regent's Park and Hyde Park make this a fine area to have a wander, when the sun's out there are fewer places in London as scenic and special as Hyde Park.
While Marylebone High Street is absolutely charming, lined with traditional pubs, beautiful boutiques and shops (including the flagship Daunt Books) and excellent local restaurants as well as an impressive mix of hotels - and a farmer's market every Saturday.
A short walk from Marylebone is the home of the most famous fictional detective in the world 'Sherlock Holmes' bachelor flat at 221B Baker Street and the popular waxworks at Madame Tussauds.
We have Italian, Chinese speaking staff available. Please call us for any enquiries.
We operate a clean as you go policy and request our guests clean up after themselves.
Good stay in Marylebone, London.
Carrie was an excellent host, although you probably won't meet her, she is lightening fast on responding to any communication. We enjoyed our stay in London and had no issues whatsoever with the flat.
- Carrie, the host is the biggest positive - she is responsive, professional and gracious... we asked her questions about the tv (the one in the bedroom is a dvd only), garbage pickup, and keeping our luggage in the flat after checking out to pick up the rental car without hauling it on the tube and she answered all queries quickly and efficiently
- great location, 3 minutes walk to Marylebone (Bakerloo line) and 5 minutes walk to Edgeware Station for another 3 lines - so you can get anywhere you need to in Zone 1&2 with no trouble
- two express grocery stores 3 minutes away (M&S and Tesco), the major Waitrose is about a 10 minute pleasant walk away in the heart of a Lebanese community (you should be someone ok with diversity and interested in trying some amazing shwarma)
- affordable - interestingly we found this place to be more affordable than the places we booked in Bath and then York, but certainly it is not a fancy place, but has all you need
- the flat is, by a large majority, clean and comfortable
- excellent, fast, free wifi
- it is on a side street off of Marylebone so it is quiet in the sense that you don't have major traffic speeding by
- the water pressure in the shower is excellent
- the washing machine (with soap provided) is convenient
- the cross-breeze from opening both windows made it nice and cool even in the hottest weather London has seen in a decade
- it is on the north/west edge of Marylebone, if even technically still in Marylebone
- perhaps London is full of extremes but 3 minutes east is the upscale Landmark hotel and 3 minutes west is what looks like a rooming house with rough-around-the-edges folks sitting on their front steps smoking
- the washroom is exceedingly small, I am small (5'4", 115lbs) and couldn't bend over to pick up my shampoo, I could barely turn around
- as I said, the flat is mostly clean and comfortable but there is some wear and tear like cracked tiles
- the neighbourhood is mostly quiet but there is more noise than expected from loud partying neighbours
- if you are on a budget, this is a pretty great deal for 3-4 adults (who are ok with a tight fit, maybe if you are young adults or teens) or a family of 2 parents + 2 small children who can sleep in the pull out together
- London is expensive to visit, saving on accommodations to be able to splurge elsewhere is recommended
- buy groceries from the Waitrose and avoid tourist-priced mediocre dinners out
The apartment is very well located, in a calm district, it was very clean. The problems which we encountered, not wifi, not TV in the room, which 3 bowls and 3 glasses whereas we were 4. To recommend, sympathetic and roomy enough apartment for 4.
We made the booking at short notice and recieved an acceptance from Carrie within two hours. Carrie sent us an email with details of how to access the flat, house rules and some transport and entertainment websites as well as her contact number.
The flat is as detailed on the Airbnb website. Previous reviewers comments on the small shower, noise from the room above and no lift were all true but are acceptable. The stairs to the flat are cramped however and anybody with heavy or bulky luggage will get a workout.
The flat is well located in an area that felt completely safe. It has 5-10 mins walks to Marylebone and Baker St tube stations and there are many good restaurants and interesting shops along Baker St.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the area.
Everything went great. Carrie was quick answering our questions and giving us arrival instructions. She also reacted very quickly when we requested more towels. The apartment is simple, but very clean and good value for money. The bathroom is small. Location is perfect, 15 minutes walk to marble arch and 3 different tube lines within 200 metres of the house.
The flat was cosy and comfortable. The water pressure was really good and this I found to be important. The location was excellent, easily accessible. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in London next time.
I am not sure how anyone can be comfortable with NO HEAT!
the apt was well located, and had good hot water and wifi.
THAT is all it has. The bathroom is super small--I am a thin woman and
could not bend over in the shower. The sink is smaller than a washcloth (i took photos). Also, the closet door does not open as the bed frame is in the way. And the mattresses were thin.
This host has 774 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Carrie
I live in London and when not working I love to travel, read and watch movies.
My favourite films currently are the Jason Bourne series and the Harry Potter films