About this listing
The Annex is a small house adjacent to the Fertile Ground Guesthouse on the west side. The space has a charming vintage feel. Your room has a queen size bed. Carpeted throughout. Walking distance to both the Capital and downtown shopping.
The Annex is a new lodging adjacent to the Fertile Ground Guesthouse on the west side. This small house has a charming vintage feel. Your room has a queen size bed. Carpeted throughout. Walking distance to both the Capital and downtown shopping. Its back yard connects to Fertile Ground's backyard, making sharing space and enjoying the gardens so much easier.
The shared bathroom has a claw foot tub (with a shower), a combined living/dining room, a fully stocked cute kitchen, back deck with tables, chairs and umbrella and HOT TUB. There's a "smart" TV but no cable.
The Annex is part of a larger compound of housing, lodging and office/meeting space that we call The Commons @ Fertile Ground. It's a non-profit with a mission of promoting urban sustainability on a neighborhood scale.
This green oasis in downtown Olympia has a large garden and mature fruit and nut trees along with chickens and numerous swings and outdoor seating areas. We are super kid-friendly and can provide high chair, stroller, playpen, booster seats and toys!
With the passage of our new law, we can honestly say - Smoke Marijuana in the house if you want to! Hurrah for legalization in Washington State!!!
Guests have access to a shared bathroom, kitchen, living and dining room. They have off street parking and a huge backyard for roaming, relaxing and (in season) grazing.
Interaction with Guests
I live in the Annex in the second bedroom, so our interactions are inevitable. I take cues from the guests and either include them or ignore them, depending on their wishes.
We're on the edge of downtown - walking distance to everything! The library is right across the street, post office is two blocks. It's a safe neighborhood and can be noisy in small spurts, but not typically.
We're within walking distance to the Intercity Transit main terminal. Greyhound Station is only 3 blocks away.
Other Things to Note
The HOT TUB is the best part of this situation. It is so wonderful and I use it frequently ~ usually in the AM. I have two lovely cats named Bindi and Floyd but they are rarely in the house. They come in to eat and, with any luck, sit on my lap. I never let them in the guest's room.
Check in time: 4:00 - 6:00
If you need to arrive earlier/later please let us know so we'll be here to greet you.
Check out is 11:00 am
Use the place like any courteous roommate would and we'll get along great!
Tobacco smoking outside is permitted. Marijuana smoking is permitted indoors.
Service animals are welcome, but no pets please.
Gail and Lynn were very nice. The house was older but lovingly maintained. A positive experience.
Gail is a wonderful host. She hooked me up in a moment of need and has been way cool. Totally recommended.
Gail met us when we arrived and gave us a quick tour. Quaint little house right in the downtown. Great access to gardens and the kitchen. Comfy bed and great folks. We will stay again if we are in Olympia.
Lovely home, very comfortable and cosy. Hot tub out back in the garden, comfortable bed and plenty of space (you can use the sitting room and kitchen).
Couple of cats that come and go, we were lucky enough that they choose to be around the house for our last day!
Gail was very welcoming, helpful and friendly, but left us to get on with our adventure. Good balance of sociable and having your own space.
GREAT SPACE FOR THOSE WANTING TO BE CLOSE TO THE CAPITOL BUILDINGS...
My reason for needing a place for a week in Olympia was that my daughter was a Senate Page for a week and when I all the Host Family contacts I was given had for one reason or another not worked out...I remain so grateful that I was able to book this particular airbnb for a variety of reasons that include these...
1. It felt like a home away from home and a visit to a favorite aunt's house as well. It was cozy, clean, thoughtfully accessorized, and a welcoming place to land and have be homebase.
2. VERY comfortable mattress and pillows and NICE linens and towels.
3. Perfect amount of space for two for a week of togetherness.
4. Kitchen was well stocked with cooking tools, plates, glassware.
5. Great location in that it was 1/2 mile from the Capitol and 1/2 mile from downtown Olympia.
6. Great garden and community space right out the back door.
7. Gail, my host was gracious and friendly and a pleasure to share a cup of coffee with when we were around at the same time--when she wasn't attending to a Fertile Ground guest. Feel like I made a friend.
8. This space would be a great place for a short personal retreat for a few close friends because it also has other meeting space options in close proximity. (I plan on coming back whenever I need a weekend away from Seattle that is an hour's drive.:))
9. Gail was responsive from the moment of my inquiry, did a true job of describing the place, makes a nice latte, and takes good care of her guests.
Gail is an intuitive host, full of warmth and down-to-earth-ness -- both my husband and I felt at home pretty much the instant we arrived, thanks to Gail's notes and thoughtfulness. We already made a reservation for the next time we're in town.
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews