Private guest bedroom & bathroom available in a large contemporary style 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and south facing terrace apartment right in the heart of Charlottenburg, West Berlin. The ideal base for exploring the city from a central location.
Private guest bedroom & bathroom available in a large contemporary style 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and south facing terrace apartment right in the heart of Charlottenburg, West Berlin. The ideal base for exploring the city from a central location. For groups of more than 2 people we can accommodate up to an additional 2 people on the sofa bed (queen sized tempurpedic mattress) in the living room.
This upscale and safe Charlottenburg neighborhood apartment is directly opposite the Intercontinental hotel, a short walk to the Ku'Damm (the famous Kurfürstendamm shopping area) and the Kadewe (the Saks Fifth Ave. of Berlin).
The Tiergarten (central park of Berlin) home to many famous sites including: the Siegessaeule - Victory Tower, the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag (Germany's parliament) and the Holocaust Memorial. The famous Berlin Zoo & Aquarium . The Spree river (runs through the city) is only 1 block away and where you can take river tours.
Many U-Bahns (underground trains) and S-Bahns (overground trains) are close by. Walk 5 mins to Wittenburg Platz (U1, U2, U3) or 10 mins to Zooligischer Garten (U2, U9, S5, S7, S75, other regional trains). From Zoologischer Garten you can take the train to/from Schonefeld and the bus to/from Tegel airports. The 200 bus stops right outside our door and the 100 bus is only a 5 mins walk. Almost half of Berlin's buses stop at the Zoologischer Garten station.
- 90 m. sq. apartment styled with contemporary furniture
- Apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (master bedroom / bathroom are used by the hosts)
- 1 private guest bedroom / bathroom is for rent (up to 2 people)
- 1 living room sofa bed (sleeps an additional 2 people - if needed)
- South facing outdoor terrace (1/3 covered) with patio furniture & BBQ
- Private guest bedroom with a King (180cm) bed, full closet, night stand, reading light, full-length mirror and lockable door
- Living room with a Queen (160cm) Tempurpedic sofa bed
- Private guest bathroom with shower, vanity & toilet
- Dining room table with 4 chairs
- Full kitchen with fridge, freezer, stove, dishwasher, toaster, tea maker, blender, juicer appliances and kitchenwares (dishes, glasses, utensils, etc.)
- Desk with printer / scanner / copier, light and computer speakers
- Fresh bed linens, towels and basic toiletries supplied
- Heating throughout apartment
- Ceiling fans in each bedroom
- Washer and dryer (in suite)
- High-speed WiFi
- Only the living room, kitchen and dinning rooms are shared.
- Communal garden with outdoor ping png table
- Bike rack (accessible via lobby and secured in the basement)
- Street parking available directly in front of the building (free for overnight)
- Parking garages are nearby
- Restaurants and cafes along Budapester Str
- Ku'Damm shopping on Kurfürstendamm Str is only a 5 mins walk
- Famous historical sites within a 5-20 mins walk
- Tiergarten park is right in front of the apartment (simply a must walk or run)
- Bicycles can be rented from the cafe just beside the apartment's front-entrace
We speak English (fluent), French (fluent), Spanish (moderate) and German (only a little).
We wish you a fantastic stay in Berlin and our homey apartment.
Be discreet with our neighbors (you are visiting guests and friends of ours). Be careful and treat our apartment as if it were your own place.
No indoor smoking (you can smoke outside on the terrace).
Please!!! only open the shower door towards you (pull towards you) DO NOT PUSH IN.
Do not open the larger of the windows in the kitchen as there is no enough clearance and it will shatter the light.
Alex was a great host and his place is fantastic. He was home to check me in as soon as I got to his from the airport (which was so easy, Zoologischer Garten station is a short walk from his) so I didn't have to take my suitcase all day; similarly, I was able to check out in the evening I departed Berlin. He told me all about what was nearby, how to get around, the room had the wifi password and a selection of books and maps and all sorts. It was a pleasant, easy stay and I'd advise anyone going to Berlin to check out Alex's.
Fantastic overall experience. Room and overall apartment were immaculately clean. Alex was on a business trip while I was staying at his apartment, though I saw him the first day I was there and he was incredibly accommodating and full of suggestions for things to do in Berlin. Great central location. Highly recommended.
Excellent lokation. Cosy apartment. Super service from Alex. Everything exactly as described.
In one word: amazing!!
Alex' apartement is spacious and stunning, very nicely decorated and has everything you need! Also the flat is located perfectly: near the center and in front of the house there is a bus stop (you will reach the center in 5minutes!) :)
Alex is a wonderful host, we really enjoyed our stay in Berlin and we can recommend alex' place to everyone :)!!
Alex's room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the apartment very nice in general. Since he was away once we stayed at his room, we got a bigger room which was quite nice (the master bedroom) and really enjoyed our stay.
His roommate was there for the time we stayed there and he was super nice and helped us get around the city.
I would totally recommend Alex's room. Very well located and in a lively neibourhood with easy access to public transportation.
I really relaxed at Alex's home. Lovey and very clean room and bathroom. I wish I could stay much longer. Also the location is very nice. From the bus stop which is in the front of the apartment, #200 bus takes you directly to the centre of Berlin.
First of all, it was such a pleasure to stay at Alex's apartment.
Perfect location, you can easily go to any part of the city via S or U bahn.
Huge apartment, nice bathroom, perfect balcony, and it has everything that you will ever need.
We are sorry for not meeting Alex, but his roommate Marc is a such a nice guy, who helped us with a lots of stuff regarding the city. Marc, that evening talks along beer bottles were so great! :)
In short lines, this is the place where you want to stay in Berlin!
Marc & Alex, thank you both!
Till next time!
Love from Milena and Igor
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Gay professional from Canada who is excited to be living in Berlin. I am an IT Project Manager currently travelling each week to Prague for work. I barely speak German but I am now determined to learn.
I love going to the gym, running, watching movies, reading, skiing, socializing, and the occasional night out. I am not a big drinker or party guy but man do I love to dance.