A private studio apartment, great layout, beautiful exposed brick, and eye-catching decor can accommodate guests who are seeking an affordable, warm and welcoming, short or long term vacation getaway and/or corporate housing experience!
**NO CLEANING FEE OR DEPOSIT REQUIRED**
Your Private Studio - suitable for one person.
The studio is professionally cleaned after each guest leaves, and is supplied with clean sheets and towels, as well as bathroom supplies. It is private and comfortable with its own entrance at the front of a well-lit house.
The comfortable bed has a mattress topper, paired with high end beding, and extra pillows for a dream making sleep.
The kitchenette in the studio has a microwave, toaster oven and fridge. The bathroom is ultra clean and updated, with a sink and toilet in the unit. There is a separate living room area at the front of the studio, which has double-doors which can separate the bedroom from the living room. While the shower is located upstairs, guests are granted unlimited access to it.
WiFi is included.
There is a full bathroom in the unit upstairs, which is where guests can have a shower. Guests are free to use this fully-equipped bathroom at their convenience.
The partially shaded backyard is yours to enjoy. Grill on the barbecue or just relax and enjoy some peace and quiet on one of the lounge chairs that are just right for reading, sunbathing or napping. There is a table and chairs with an umbrella that is perfect for outdoor meals!
You can expect complete privacy throughout your visit, but you are more than welcome visit with me for some tips on what to see and do in the city, or
where to eat and shop.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or special requests (I had someone book a weekend for their honeymoon and requested flowers and champagne) please send an email!
The Apartment is located in a safe community, very walkable, with well-lit streets. Public transportation is very convenient. There are TTC bus stops just steps away…
• Pearson Airport – 20 minute drive / 30 minute ride on bus and subway
• Runnymede Subway – 12 minute walk to the subway station / 3 minutes by bus!
• High Park – 20 minutes walking
• Downtown – 25 minutes on subway
• FreshCo Supermarket – 5 minutes walking
• No Frills Supermarket – 10 minutes walking
• Annette Library – 10 minutes walking
• Annette Rec Center/Pool & Gym – 10 minutes walking
• Enterprise Car Rental – 11 minutes walking
• Discount Car Rental – 9 minutes walking
• Canadian Tire – 25 minutes walking
• Home Depot – 25 minutes walking
• Swiss Chalet – 30 minutes walking
• Wal-Mart – 20 minutes walking
Just Minutes Away...
• Tim Horton’s
• Liquor and Beer Store
• Yoga Studio
• Pottery Classes
• 2 Nail Salons
• 2 Boutique Design & Gift Stores
• 3 Hair Salons
There are some great restaurants right on Annette Street, moments away, as well as a number of convenience stores that are open late. Within walking distance are a variety of coffee houses, an organic butcher, two restaurants and an excellent fast food local favourite serving pizza, hamburgers, souvlaki, wings, etc.
The neighborhood is also a wonderful place to sample and enjoy a vast array of culinary delights. You can walk to trendy and excellent restaurants at either:
• Bloor West Village: 10 minutes walking south – known for Polish and Ukrainian delis, fresh fruits and vegetables, wonderful restaurants and boutiques, as well as a movie theater.
• The Junction: 10 minutes walking north – known for great restaurants, the best chocolate and ice cream stores, bakeries, and as much variety as you would find in any small city as far a food and services.
• Lake Ontario: the boardwalk, the beach (yes we have a beach!!) and Sunnyside outdoor pool, are walking distance (may take 45 minutes to walk and a few minutes to drive there).
Please email me for details if you want to know more.
For those traveling by car, the Gardiner and Lakeshore Blvd. are only ten minutes away and the city core can be reached in 20 minutes. From this location there is easy access to major highways – Gardiner – 401 – Lakeshore – QEW, etc.
PARKING - Free street parking is available in front of the house.
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests arriving in Toronto via the Pearson International Airport (YYZ). Total travel time is between 45 - 50 minutes by public transport. The fare is $3.00 cash.
Take the Toronto Transit Bus (TTC) called...192 Airport Rocket - 24/7 Airport service to Kipling Station. At Kipling subway station, you can take any train and get off at the Runnymede Subway stop.
At Runnymede station, go up the stairs and take the first bus going North on Runnymede either bus # 71 or bus #79. Get off at Annette Street - about 4 bus stops or so. When you get off the bus, cross the street in front of the bus you just got off and walk about 10 houses down to 589 Annette Street!
Cabs are always an option.
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests arriving in Toronto via VIA Rail at Union Station.
Total travel time is between 39 - 42 minutes by public transport.
1. Walk 100m to Union Station Northbound Platform towards downs view.
2. Board the Union Station Northbound Platform Subway towards Yonge-University-Spadina. The approximate travel time is about 8 minutes.
3. Transfer subways at St. George Station by exiting the Yonge-University-Spadina line and boarding the Bloor-Danforth Subway on the Westbound Platform.
4. Exit the Subway system at Runnymede Station. The approximate travel time is about 13 minutes.
5. Walk to Runnymede (email hidden) West North Side and board the 71 Runnymede North Bus Towards St Clair OR board the 79 Scarlett Rd Towards Lawrence & Jane (both the 71 and 79 bus will take you to Annette St). The bus runs frequently day and night. The approximate travel time is about 5 minutes.
6. Exit the 71 Runnymede North Bus Towards St (email hidden) and walk to 589 Annette St (130m) and you've arrived!
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests driving from the regions of Ottawa and Montreal or Waterloo.
1. From Highway 401, take exit 359 towards Black Creek Drive – 1.1km.
2. Merge onto ON-400 S – 700m.
3. Take the Jane Street exit – 400m.
4. Turn right onto Jane St (signs for Jane Street S) 6.1km.
5. Turn left onto Annette St, your destination will be on the right (550m).
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests driving from the QEW/Gardiner.
1. From the Queen Elizabeth Way, continue onto Gardiner Expy E – 5.9km
2. Take the Lake Shore Boulevard exit toward ON-2 – 1.3km
3. Merge onto Lake Shore Blvd W – 550m
4. Turn left onto Windermere Ave – 900m
5. At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Windermere Ave – 1.1km
6. Turn right onto Bloor St W – 350m
7. Take the 3rd left onto Runnymede Rd – 1.0km
8.Turn left onto Annette St, your destination will be on the left! 120m
I also have two other units available for rent which cater to different and diverse needs; please see the description to the right of this information. As I live in a different unit of the house, I will be around should you need anything.
Varying Rates and Length of Stays:
I understand that every traveller has unique and specific accommodation needs. Whether you are looking to stay for a few days, or a few weeks to over a month, I am happy to consider negotiating services with you, so there is no harm in asking!
As a frequent traveller, I have utilized Airbnb in other cities and have first-hand knowledge on what it takes to be a great host. As mentioned earlier in this description, I was selected for an interview by the Globe and Mail. They were impressed by the commending reviews of my listing and wanted to know more about being a host with Airbnb. I was also taped for a TV segment on Global News. All this to say, when you make a reservation with me, you don’t need to worry about your accommodations; your reservations are secure. The pictures are the real thing. I understand the
utter importance of cleanliness, and you will be treated well.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$19 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$399 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1486 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
Another great visit at Lorna’s place. It really is a great place and a great location.
Great location, great place, nice comfortable bed. Lorna was a great host - solicitous but never intrusive. The only downside, really, is that the shower is upstairs, but that is clearly stated in the listing and factored into the price. I’m already planning another visit and I would highly recommend this place.
This studio was exactly as described on this site. Spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated, with all the requirements for a comfortable stay. Shower upstairs was available, but could be a drawback for some. The very reasonable cost of the rental reflected this. Convenience stores and coffee shop within a block made the location perfect. Sorry I missed you, Lorna. Hope to return. Thanks again. Irene
Pleasant accommodation in a convenient area.
Lorna is an awesome host! Her Private Studio is just like in the pictures on AirBNB and is warm and inviting. She made me feel right at home and was very accommodating. I would definitely recommend Lorna and her lovely accommodation to everyone!!!
Is so happy to stay in the place of Lorna ,the place is very clean and warm and the transportation is so close to subway even the shower is upstair i can use it whenever i want, Lorna is a very friendly host for sure i will stay again if next time visit torono ....
The studio was fantastic and Lorna was a great host. It was very clean, and looked very much like it did in the photos on the listing. It was also easy to get to the bus/subway and go downtown. The snacks, tea, and water that had been left for guests were very much appreciated. Couldn't have been better really.
What a warm and generous soul who made sure my stay was as comfortable and care free as possible. Lorna works very hard, but makes this look easy. The environment was clean, warm and inviting. Thank you Lorna for taking a chance with me. You made my first airbnb experience fantastic. I only wish I had a moment more to enjoy that bowl of homemade chicken soup with you. All the best!
Lorna foi muito simpática e prestável. Tudo estava como mostram as fotos , limpo e decorado adequadamente. Apesar do meu fraco inglês não foi impeditivo de nos entendermos. Os transportes públicos são eficientes e (website hidden) um dia voltar a Tornto ficarei no estúdio de Lorna . Foi a minha 2ª experiência com a Airbnb e tudo foi muito correcto e eficiente.
Lorna was an extreme sympathy. Everything was as shown in the photos, clean tidy. My poor English did not hinder our understanding. Public transport very efficient and frequent. If one day I return Toronto I’ll stay Lorna´s studio. It was my second experience with Airbnb and everything has been very good
Outubro de 2013
It was an impeccable experience, I am a little late on this feedback but all I would have to say is whatever worries we has Lorna stomped all over them when we got there. She was so helpful and amazing. Always thought of us and we couldn't ask for more :)