About This Listing
This 1 bedroom apt is located directly in the center of Seoul. It belongs to one of several recently-constructed, luxurious high-rise complexes in one of the most affluent areas of Seoul. It is a residential area that provides for a much sought-after, peaceful escape from all the noise that keeps certain areas of Seoul so vibrant. What makes this place unique is that it allows you to blend in with the well-to-do community, without the feeling of being locked up in a stuffy hotel or surrounded by a run-down / unsanitary environment, allowing you to truly experience the best that there is of living in Korea.
It's located just 5 mins walking distance away from the Ichon, Shin-Yongsan and Yongsan subway lines (lines 4, 4 and 1, respectively), in addition to the airport limousine bus and bus terminals.
As a foreigner new to Korea, the culture and the language, I can relate to the need to have someone to rely on to make the experience as comfortable as possible. As your host, I am more than happy to provide this help.
* Elevator high-rise w/front desk guards stationed all over the complex, along w/CCTV cameras (very safe)
* Bedroom: queen-size bed, dark oakwood bedframe, pillow, blanket
* Bathroom: toilet, shower, mirror, sink, blow-dryer
* Living room: WiFi internet, 42 inch flat screen TV, sofa-chair set, floor heating & A/C
* Kitchen: sink, fridge, stove, washing machine
* Professional laundromat (dry cleaning): w/in the apt complex
If you look at a map of Seoul, Yongsan is smack in the middle of all the main attractions. It is equidistant from:
i) Gangnam (south-east): mainly for eating / drinking / dancing
ii) Myung-dong (north): mainly for shopping
iii) Hongdae (west): mainly for eating / drinking / dancing
iv) Yeoido (south-west): mainly for shopping
* 10 min cab ride or 15 min subway ride to Itaewon, the global melting pot of all cultures
* 5 min walk from E-Mart (groceries) / iPark Mall / CGV - iMax theater
* 5 min walk from poh-chang-mah-chas (big orange tents that have ppl serving cheap Korean food, outdoors)
C. PERKS (for being my special guest~)
* I've been fortunate enough to have built a very strong social network while in Korea. As such, you will have access to really the best eatery / sight-seeing activities / nightlife recommendations for having a fun and memorable stay
* Restaurants: I frequent restaurants, trying out new ones just about every week, and a few of the owners of these venues are my friends. Have some great recommendations. Ask away!
* Others: sight-seeing at Namsan Seoul Tower, evening strolls / bicycling / dining along the Han River, hiking in Bukhansan National Park, activities, such as: yoga / snowboarding / hip-hop dancing / kick-boxing / pilates / waterskiing / wakeboarding. I've experienced it all.
* Lounges: I'm good friends w/owners / management of a few popular lounges in Seoul
Hope you'll give me the opportunity to provide solid recommendations to allow for a great overall stay in Korea.
* Would ask that you treat the apartment and furnishings as if they were your own
* Please remove shoes once entering the apt
* No pets
* No smoking
* No parties
* No non-registered guests
* Will require a copy of the guest's passport and business card once you book (smartphone photo will do just fine) -- just exercising proper pre-cautions as the host; similar to what hotels do upon check-in, nothing more. Hope you understand.
Aside from this, hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Andrew wasn't around but had been very communicative before and during the stay. He was very prompt in answering all the questions I had. The apartment is huge with the bedroom separate from the living area. Instant hot water every time but the place was pretty basic without wifi and tv. Fortunately Andrew informed me about it prior to arrival. The place is also conveniently located near the subway station and shopping mall.
We stayed at Andrew's house two times in the last month in Seoul. The reason we kept coming back is because his place was just perfect, made us feel like we were at home.
The needed amenities were spot on, house is very clean and the location is in the middle of Seoul with great areas to hangout (Itaewon, Noksapeong, Ichon) 5-10 minutes away by taxi. There's is also a huge shopping mall next to the high-end apartment complex the place is in which we made use of. Also Andrew's hospitality tied the place together, very kind and gave really great recommendations in Seoul (and other parts Asia actually).
We would love to stay again at Andrew's place and I will definitely recommend his house to my friends who visit Seoul :)
Andrew is a great host, being very patient and helpful in every aspect that you would expect from a host. He also responds to any questions promptly on email or Airbnb. Can't be better.
The apartment itself is located on a very convenient, safe and affluent community where large scale shopping mall and subwat station is only steps away.
Another amazing memory about Seoul! :)
Thank you Andrew!
The best part of this apartment is a tie between the location (immediate walking distance to Yongsan and Ichon stations, street food, restaurants, Emart, iPark mall, beautiful paths and parks) and the host Andrew. The apartment amenities: loved having a full one-bedroom apartment instead of a studio. Kitchen has frig/freezer, sink, gas stove, clothes washer. Note: no microwave...a surprise to us from the US so I'm just giving other guests a heads (website hidden), hot water and water pressure always worked well. Building attendants were always on staff and so very friendly. Key card and door lock were easy to use and always worked. I can't stress enough how nice, easy and beautiful the location is...we absolutely loved it.
This was my first Airbnb experience and I must say I was very pleased with the experience thanks to the apartment owner & host Mr. Andrew Lee. Traveling with my wife & 3 years old son to to Korea for the first time was concerning fro me. I was primarily concerned about the safety & well being of my family. With language as the no. 1 barrier, I regard myself as extremely fortunate to have had chosen to stay with Andrew. Communicating with him was never a problems for he is a very well polished & educated American/Korean. He is both versatile & resourceful, well organised & extremely helpful. Whenever we needed help, we just had to send a message (no matter what day or time) he would reply really fast and was always very helpful. Andrew greeted us and took careful time to explain the specifics about the easiest manner for us to reach his apartment and the building. The apartment is fully furnished with all the necessities. We found it to be very clean and equipped with everything you need including a flat-screen TV with cable. The building is 2 minutes walking distance from yongsan station (I don't think you can get any closer) with shops and restaurants galore at the neighbouring IPark shopping Mall. Overall, thanks to Andrew, we enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay again next time. We had a very nice and pleasant stay at Andrew's apartment. This was great stay and would recommend highly to anyone thinking of staying in Seoul.
Andrew's place is in an upscale apartment complex in a great neighborhood right in the middle of Seoul. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes around the area, along with the massive iPark department store and E-Mart supermarket. Dragonhill, one of the most well known day spas in the city, and CGV, an IMAX movie theater, are also nearby. Itaewon is close by, maybe 5-10 minutes and a few bucks in a cab. The place itself is spotless and having a washing machine in the room is very convenient. Andrew is a tremendous host and will make sure you have an unforgettable trip to the beautiful city of Seoul!
About the Host, Andrew
Thanks for dropping by! :) As my profile picture subtly alludes to ... I'm a big fan of extreme sports -- love CrossFitting and wakeboarding all around the world! I've had a wonderful experience as an AirBnb host with my first listing, so wanted to offer up some more. Feel free to look through the listings and reach out with any questions! Look forward to having you as my guest soon! =)