About this listing
This 1 bedroom apt is located directly in the center of Seoul. It belongs to one of several recently-constructed, luxurious high-rise complexes in one of the most affluent areas of Seoul. It is a residential area that provides for a much sought-after, peaceful escape from all the noise that keeps certain areas of Seoul so vibrant. What makes this place unique is that it allows you to blend in with the well-to-do community, without the feeling of being locked up in a stuffy hotel or surrounded by a run-down / unsanitary environment, allowing you to truly experience the best that there is of living in Korea.
It's located just 5 mins walking distance away from the Ichon, Shin-Yongsan and Yongsan subway lines (lines 4, 4 and 1, respectively), in addition to the airport limousine bus and bus terminals.
As a foreigner new to Korea, the culture and the language, I can relate to the need to have someone to rely on to make the experience as comfortable as possible. As your host, I am more than happy to provide this help.
* Elevator high-rise w/front desk guards stationed all over the complex, along w/CCTV cameras (very safe)
* Bedroom: queen-size bed, dark oakwood bedframe, pillow, blanket
* Bathroom: toilet, shower, mirror, sink, blow-dryer
* Living room: WiFi internet, 42 inch flat screen TV, sofa-chair set, floor heating & A/C
* Kitchen: sink, fridge, stove, washing machine
* Professional laundromat (dry cleaning): w/in the apt complex
If you look at a map of Seoul, Yongsan is smack in the middle of all the main attractions. It is equidistant from:
i) Gangnam (south-east): mainly for eating / drinking / dancing
ii) Myung-dong (north): mainly for shopping
iii) Hongdae (west): mainly for eating / drinking / dancing
iv) Yeoido (south-west): mainly for shopping
* 10 min cab ride or 15 min subway ride to Itaewon, the global melting pot of all cultures
* 5 min walk from E-Mart (groceries) / iPark Mall / CGV - iMax theater
* 5 min walk from poh-chang-mah-chas (big orange tents that have ppl serving cheap Korean food, outdoors)
C. PERKS (for being my special guest~)
* I've been fortunate enough to have built a very strong social network while in Korea. As such, you will have access to really the best eatery / sight-seeing activities / nightlife recommendations for having a fun and memorable stay
* Restaurants: I frequent restaurants, trying out new ones just about every week, and a few of the owners of these venues are my friends. Have some great recommendations. Ask away!
* Others: sight-seeing at Namsan Seoul Tower, evening strolls / bicycling / dining along the Han River, hiking in Bukhansan National Park, activities, such as: yoga / snowboarding / hip-hop dancing / kick-boxing / pilates / waterskiing / wakeboarding. I've experienced it all.
* Lounges: I'm good friends w/owners / management of a few popular lounges in Seoul
Hope you'll give me the opportunity to provide solid recommendations to allow for a great overall stay in Korea.
* Would ask that you treat the apartment and furnishings as if they were your own
* Please remove shoes once entering the apt
* No pets
* No smoking
* No parties
* No non-registered guests
* Will require a copy of the guest's passport and business card once you book (smartphone photo will do just fine) -- just exercising proper pre-cautions as the host; similar to what hotels do upon check-in, nothing more. Hope you understand.
Aside from this, hope you enjoy your stay! :)