About this listing
In a nutshell: gorgeous bedroom and incredible bath in the Valencia corridor, the most happening San Fran neighborhood.
The building is a small beautiful Victorian. The lower unit is home to the famous Asta Yoga Studio (definitely worth trying!)
The place blends the charm of Victorian interiors with the energy of bright colors and a gigantic, inspiring artist loft space. It has gorgeous, newly-remodeled kitchen and bathroom, a one-of-a-kind artist loft, a spa-like bathroom, a private and sunny deck, a large living space, two spacious bedrooms, and high-speed internet access. Four-side exposure give it magnificent light throughout the day. The colorful design, eclectic art and eco-burning fireplace make it a perfect hangout.
Your bedroom has a new queen size bed with a new mattress and new linens, a huge closet, an antique desk (bonheur du jour), and a romantic fainting couch. Your newly-remodeled bathroom has a bathtub and a tropical showerhead. You're welcome to use the rest of the huge place: relax in the living room, host a 25-person cocktail in the artist loft, or enjoy a glass of wine on the deck.
- Private, big, bright bedroom with queen-size bed & full closet
- New bed/mattress/linens
- Newly-remodeled bathroom with bathtub, tropical shower & new towels
- Private deck with lots & lots of sun
- Gigantic, sunny artist loft
- Eco-burning fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Washer/Dryer in unit
- Free high-speed internet / wifi
- Elliptical machine & other gym equipment
- Immediately above famous Asta Yoga Studio (try it!)
Pretty simple: this is as central and trendy as it gets. The Valencia corridor is a fun and lively neighborhood with some of the best cuisine and culture the city has to offer.
Within walking distance, you’ll find excellent restaurants, gourmet coffee shops, parks, and trendy bars and nightlife:
* Around the corner are Four Barrel Coffee, Pauline's Pizza, Mission Beach Cafe
* 3 short blocks away are Limon Rotisserie, Monk's Kettle, Armory Club, Whole Foods and Zuni Cafe
* 5 short blocks away are Tacolicious, Delfina, Tartine Bakery, and Bi Rite Market
* The list goes on, and seems to grow daily...
* It's a 5-min walk to Dolores Park (maybe the best park in the city)
It's super easy to get around town:
* You’re 1-3 short blocks from public transportation, including BART, MUNI and many of the major bus lines for easy access to SFO, Union Square, Moscone Center, the Castro, Market Street, the Ferry Building, AT&T Park, everywhere!
* It's a fantastic neighborhood for bicycling, with dedicated bike lanes on both Valencia Street and 17th St.
* Parking can be difficult. (There is a parking garage around the corner, ~$20/day.) Unlike most San Fran neighborhoods, there are cabs everywhere.
This is the place where I live. I love it and can't wait to share with with you. I'm interested to get to know you and care a lot about making your stay with me a great one!
Quiet hours are 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
No smoking, no drugs.
No more than 2 guests, please.
Great location in the Mission district, lovely space. Room was a little dark, with no space to work other than on the bed. Some antiques in the room which I was asked not to touch. I found that a little restrictive. The room itself is big, as is the bathroom. Ok to leave luggage in the lobby if you have an early check in or out. Sophie Charlotte was responsive to mails, and telephone calls during my stay. I would have apprecaited more orientation to the house and to the area upon my arrival.
Hey Mary, I wish you had told me your concern while you were here, that way I could have addressed them. Beside, I find a lot of your feedback unfair:
- I welcomed you when you arrive and we spend quite a bit of time together going over the basics. You didn't ask about the neighborhood, otherwise I would have told you all the good places --plus I maintain a neighborhood guide on Airbnb. Many guest feel tired when they arrive after a long trip so I'm sensitive to not filling up their ear...
- You're correct that there are antiques in the room and I believe it's fair to ask that guests be mindful about it --I even mention this in the house rules so people know ahead of time. In fact, that's a big reason why guests love staying here, it's unique.
Mary, it's too back we didn't click. I tried to engage with you a few times and even invited you to join me and a small group of friends for dinner, but I always felt like I was intruding. Maybe next time you might consider staying at a hotel, where the experience might be more anonymous, but also more standard. Best wishes!
Sophie is a great host. Her place is beautiful!
My stay here was absolutely perfect. Sophie-Charlotte is the perfect host, helpful and friendly and welcoming. The location was absolutely perfect for me. Directly next to Valencia street and all of its cafés, restaurants and shops. The apartment is just beautiful, it looks even better than in the pictures. The room is spacious and comfortable. Can't recommend this place enough.
Great, eclectic apartment in a nice neighborhood. There were a lot of shops and restaurants on Valencia, all within walking distance. Sophie-Charlotte was flexible with my check-in time and instructions for arrival were clear. Thanks for a home away from home!
Beautiful and stylish apartment in the Mission. My room was perfect, with a big bed and a wardrobe that I used to put all my shirts and trousers. There's a living room and and a kitchen but I used it only once since I was always out. You can find a useful laundromat on the other side of the street. Sophie-Charlotte is a wonderful host. She was not there when I arrived but she provided me with all the required info. One day she invited me to spend an evening with her and her friends and it was very nice.
The area is simply wonderful: I loved Valencia St., there are a lot of shops and delicious restaurants (especially if you like Mexican food) and it's close to the Bart and Muni stations. I would definitely come back.
This was my first time with Airbnb, and it was a positive experience. The apartment was really nice and charming. It looks exactly like the pictures and matches the description. A big plus is the location, if you are looking for a neighborhood with a lot of nice cafes, restaurants and bars. Sophie-Charlotte was a good host and super quick to reply to the reservation request and the subsequent questions that I sent her. I would definitely stay there again if I went back to San Francisco.
Stayed here for a week. It's a great place at a great location. I didn't get to interact much with Sophie, because I was out most of the time, but she was very friendly.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Sophie-Charlotte
Howdy! I've been a host on Airbnb since they first started and have met awesome people from all over the world, some of whine have become friends. I promise to do my best to make sure you have a fantastic stay!
I've lived in San Francisco for more than 10 years. I'm social, have many friends here and like to have them over for dinner and parties. For fun, I play chess, practice yoga and dance tango. I'm pretty adventurous and very well traveled. Originally, I'm from Paris, France.
I recently sold my company and about to start something new. So, I'm really excited to meet new people, maybe you?