About this listing
In a nutshell: gorgeous bedroom and incredible bath in the Valencia corridor, the most happening San Fran neighborhood.
The building is a small beautiful Victorian. The lower unit is home to the famous Asta Yoga Studio (definitely worth trying!)
The place blends the charm of Victorian interiors with the energy of bright colors and a gigantic, inspiring artist loft space. It has gorgeous, newly-remodeled kitchen and bathroom, a one-of-a-kind artist loft, a spa-like bathroom, a private and sunny deck, a large living space, two spacious bedrooms, and high-speed internet access. Four-side exposure give it magnificent light throughout the day. The colorful design, eclectic art and eco-burning fireplace make it a perfect hangout.
Your bedroom has a new queen size bed with a new mattress and new linens, a huge closet, an antique desk (bonheur du jour), and a romantic fainting couch. Your newly-remodeled bathroom has a bathtub and a tropical showerhead. You're welcome to use the rest of the huge place: relax in the living room, host a 25-person cocktail in the artist loft, or enjoy a glass of wine on the deck.
- Private, big, bright bedroom with queen-size bed & full closet
- New bed/mattress/linens
- Newly-remodeled bathroom with bathtub, tropical shower & new towels
- Private deck with lots & lots of sun
- Gigantic, sunny artist loft
- Eco-burning fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Washer/Dryer in unit
- Free high-speed internet / wifi
- Elliptical machine & other gym equipment
- Immediately above famous Asta Yoga Studio (try it!)
Pretty simple: this is as central and trendy as it gets. The Valencia corridor is a fun and lively neighborhood with some of the best cuisine and culture the city has to offer.
Within walking distance, you’ll find excellent restaurants, gourmet coffee shops, parks, and trendy bars and nightlife:
* Around the corner are Four Barrel Coffee, Pauline's Pizza, Mission Beach Cafe
* 3 short blocks away are Limon Rotisserie, Monk's Kettle, Armory Club, Whole Foods and Zuni Cafe
* 5 short blocks away are Tacolicious, Delfina, Tartine Bakery, and Bi Rite Market
* The list goes on, and seems to grow daily...
* It's a 5-min walk to Dolores Park (maybe the best park in the city)
It's super easy to get around town:
* You’re 1-3 short blocks from public transportation, including BART, MUNI and many of the major bus lines for easy access to SFO, Union Square, Moscone Center, the Castro, Market Street, the Ferry Building, AT&T Park, everywhere!
* It's a fantastic neighborhood for bicycling, with dedicated bike lanes on both Valencia Street and 17th St.
* Parking can be difficult. (There is a parking garage around the corner, ~$20/day.) Unlike most San Fran neighborhoods, there are cabs everywhere.
This is the place where I live. I love it and can't wait to share with with you. I'm interested to get to know you and care a lot about making your stay with me a great one!
Quiet hours are 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
No smoking, no drugs.
No more than 2 guests, please.
Beautiful and stylish apartment in the Mission. My room was perfect, with a big bed and a wardrobe that I used to put all my shirts and trousers. There's a living room and and a kitchen but I used it only once since I was always out. You can find a useful laundromat on the other side of the street. Sophie-Charlotte is a wonderful host. She was not there when I arrived but she provided me with all the required info. One day she invited me to spend an evening with her and her friends and it was very nice.
The area is simply wonderful: I loved Valencia St., there are a lot of shops and delicious restaurants (especially if you like Mexican food) and it's close to the Bart and Muni stations. I would definitely come back.
This was my first time with Airbnb, and it was a positive experience. The apartment was really nice and charming. It looks exactly like the pictures and matches the description. A big plus is the location, if you are looking for a neighborhood with a lot of nice cafes, restaurants and bars. Sophie-Charlotte was a good host and super quick to reply to the reservation request and the subsequent questions that I sent her. I would definitely stay there again if I went back to San Francisco.
Stayed here for a week. It's a great place at a great location. I didn't get to interact much with Sophie, because I was out most of the time, but she was very friendly.
Flott, stor og romslig leilighet med flott design. Leiligheten var perfekt som base for en ukes jobb/konferanse i sentrum. Svært enkel adkomst med Bart (undergrunnen) både til/fra flyplass og sentrum (6-8 minutter). Anbefales på det sterkeste!
Sophie-Charlotte made the room ready for me and gave me exact instructions how to enter the house.
Sophie-Charlotte was a great host, the property looks even better in person, and the location can't be beat! Looking forward to booking here again the next time I travel to SF.
I stayed at Sophie's for just over a week and it was a good stay. The flat is in a nice location, with everything easily accessible by public transport or Uber. The check in process went smoothly and Sophie was there to greet me and show me around. I had a few problems with door and thought I was locked out, turned out there is a knack to it.
The kitchen and bathroom are nice and spacious. It was shared with 3 others but didn't end up staying there much; too much exploring to do. The bedroom was the red one and was very kitsch. My only problem is that the room was very dark and the bulbs weren't bright enough. The photos are a bit brighter than the actual room so just bare that in mind.
Sophie had some nice antique furniture in the room but there wasn't enough to put a suitcase and clothes. Ended up using the floor which was not ideal. The exercise bike is a neat addition but wouldn't have it in the bedroom.
A nice and different stay
Hey Yaseed, I wish you had brought this up during your stay rather than after you left because we could easily have fixed it. :)
- The door has a dead-bolt lock which is pretty common in San Francisco and makes the place safe for me and my guests.
- There are dimmers on all the switches to let you adjust the intensity of the light which is pretty common in the US so I didn't think to mention it, but will remember to do so next time there is a guest from the UK.
- The double-door mirrors have a giant closet behind them, which has shelves and hangers for personal belongings. I used it for my full wardrobe for over a year when I was living in this room and still had extra space.
- To clarify, there was a guest staying in the other bedroom and he invited a couple of people over for dinner one night, but he was the only one staying here.
- The antiques are from my family from France and have been completely rebuilt in the last 2 years which definitely contribute to the character of the place. I'm glad you liked them and please come back anytime if you'd like a change from the standard hotel room!
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Sophie-Charlotte
Howdy! I've been a host on Airbnb since they first started and have met awesome people from all over the world, some of whine have become friends. I promise to do my best to make sure you have a fantastic stay!
I've lived in San Francisco for more than 10 years. I'm social, have many friends here and like to have them over for dinner and parties. For fun, I play chess, practice yoga and dance tango. I'm pretty adventurous and very well traveled. Originally, I'm from Paris, France.
I recently sold my company and about to start something new. So, I'm really excited to meet new people, maybe you?