Looking for a centrally located affordable accommodation practically in the City of Hamilton?
Look no farther....you have found us! Our quaint, comfortable Efficiency Studio for 1 or 2 has all you need for your stay. Thank you for checking us out.
On vacation? Business? Visiting family? Or attending an event? We have just the clean, neat, safe and secure efficiency studio apartment for you. Ideal for one or two people (we will consider a small child too) it has a large living space, kitchenette, and en suite bathroom with small closet and hangers. The kitchenette includes a refrigerator (with a small freezer), microwave, stove/oven, filtered water, coffee maker, toaster, kettle, pots/pans, cooking/serving utensils, plates, cups, glasses, cutlery, and food storage containers.
Other amenities include clean linen (bed pad, sheets, towels and blankets), ceiling fan (and 2 other fans), space heater, alarm clock, telephone (for local calls only), iron, ironing board, hair dryer, basic soaps, toilet paper, paper towels, wash basin, clothes line (and pegs), grocery shopping bag, umbrella, flash light, cleaning supplies, parking space for a rental bike, local maps, activities and restaurant guides. Wireless internet is available upon advanced request. Some groceries can be pre-purchased upon request for you if you are arriving late.
Conveniently located near the northwestern edge of the capital city of Hamilton with all it has to offer e.g. restaurants, shops, grocery stores, gyms, movie theaters, banks, churches, etc. Of special note:
• Arnold’s Supermarket (open until mid-night) – 2 min. walk
• Bus Terminal (Hamilton) – 8 min. walk
• Ferry Terminal – 8 min. walk
• Laundromat – 5 min. walk
• Bike Rental Shop – 8 min. walk
Bermuda is 22 miles square (speed limit 25 mph) and there is something for everyone to see and do. Due to our central island location, the bus and ferry routes provide easy access to all island attractions, destinations and amazing views:
• Historical Town of St. George (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
• St. David's Light House
• Fort St. Catherine
• Crystal Caves
• The Aquarium, Museum and Zoo, Flatts Village
• Spittal Pond Nature Reserve
• Botanical Gardens
• Gibb's Hill Lighthouse
• Somerset Village
• The Royal Naval Dockyard and National History Museum
• Parks and golf courses
• Beaches and more for you to enjoy....... like snorkeling and diving ....
Someone is usually here to give you the key when you arrive. Guests are free to use: the outdoor amenity space – there are lawn/beach chairs and an umbrella, located in the Pump Room; and fresh vegetables and peaches in season.
Interaction with Guests
Like yourself I am a world traveler and know that a great stay in any country includes cultural immersion. I enjoy meeting people from any country, creed, or ethnic walk of life and would be happy to chat about my island home and tell you where to go and how to get there. Feel free to
ask. However I also respect privacy and know that sometimes you want to get away from it all and do your own thing too.
I hope you enjoy your stay at Astwood Close, which is a neighbourhood comprised of a branch of cousins from the Astwood family clan. Our family
name in Bermuda dates back over three centuries with our European ancestors hailing from Great Britain, trading salt between Bermuda and Turks and Caicos Islands in the Caribbean and intergrating with African slaves.
All tourist attractions are easily accessible from our central island location. Bermuda’s public transportation is the most reasonably priced mode of transport. You can purchase a book of 15 tickets (zone 3 for $20 or zone 14 for $35) and use them on the bus or ferry. Look up Bermuda bus schedules (and ferry schedules) on line. We do have them available at the Efficiency Studio for guests to use. Alternatively Oleander Cycles rents mopeds at a discount to our guests. Check out their website on line too. 1 USD ~ 1 BD and we drive on the left : )
Other Things to Note
Are you planning a wedding in Bermuda? We provide accommodation for your wedding guests or even a honeymoon for those on a budget. Check us out on PINTEREST at the efficientstudio-your-wedding-in-bermuda. Thank you so much for viewing the Efficiency Studio. Feel free to ask questions before making a reservation. We recognise you have choices, but you will especially enjoy Bermuda if you choose to stay with us. For more information on Bermuda go on line to "gotobermuda".
1. You will be charged up to $150 (deposit) if everything is not in the condition in which you found it upon checkout i.e. damaged or broken. Accidents do happen therefore we would appreciate being informed before you checkout rather than discovering something out of place later, which may affect our future guest reviews and ratings. It is the courteous thing to do.
2. A broom, swifter sweeper, dust pan, hand broom (behind a curtain) and cleaning supplies (under kitchen sink) are available for cleanups. Please leave the studio as you found it prior to checking out.
3. All linen is laundered and freshened before guest arrival and a change in linen is provided for extended stays. A laundry bag and receptacle are provided in the bathroom for your personal use. However please deposit all used towels in this bag before you check out.
4. Conserve water by not running the shower too long because we rely on rain water storage here.
5. Internet service is not automatic. There is no wireless code however we do share a WiFi dongle, which inserts into a computer similar to a USB flash drive with our guests, but this must be requested ahead of time. It is easy to use, very safe against viruses and hack proof.
6. No smoking is allowed inside so that the studio smells fresh for the next guest(s).
7. An additional person (i.e. a baby/child/teenager) can be accommodated for a fee of $25.00 per night. There is a camp bed available in addition to the queen size bed.
8. This is a residential neighbourhood and we would appreciate minimum noise especially after hours.
9. To conserve electricity please turn off all lights, fans and/or heaters and air vent each time you exit the studio. Turn on the outside light if you will be returning after dark or out for the evening and turn it off upon your return please.
10. We recommend that you use the water filter provided that is attached to the sink faucet if you want potable drinking water only. Use the pitcher provided or fill up your bottles/containers to store drinking water. To extend the life of the filter, please do not use when washing dishes, hands, food, etc. FOR HYGIENIC REASONS PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE KITCHEN SINK ....... shampoo and/or conditioner do not taste good.
We had a delightful stay at Susann's studio. Everything was as described, very clean and near to town. The area felt very safe, and people were so friendly. It was nice to get to know Susann a bit and to learn about the culture of Bermuda.
Susann could not have been more welcoming during my stay in Bermuda. The description was completely accurate in a beautiful location with fully stocked items such as an iron board, Wi-Fi, hair care products, sunscreen, etc.
She was available everyday and was very hospitable. She showed me around Hamilton in her perfectly located home - which was the center of the island.
I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Thanks so much!
We had a lovely time in Susann's apartment. She arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and met us to walk through all of the amenities of the apartment and local attractions. The apartment was pristine and had all the little touches that made it feel like we were staying at a friend's home. The location was about a 15 minute walk from all the restaurants and bars in downtown Hamilton and even closer to the 24-hour gas station which had surprisingly good food.
Susann was a fabulous host with a great studio! The place was immaculate and Susann is very meticulous with every detail. She has a large binder with maps and brochures for just about anything the island has to offer. She also was very helpful arranging transportation to and from the airport. Her responsiveness both before and during our visit was excellent. The location of the studio was great as well, it was a short walk to just about anything you need including all the public transit options, restaurants, and shops.
From the moment I arrived I felt the Bermuda hospitality suesan arrange for me to be picked up by taxi arrived at condo very clean 5 min walk to town supermarket 5 mins away Susann was an amazing host I would not hesitate renting from again!
Could not have asked for a better place to stay. My husband and I stayed at this lovely studio during the Bermuda Triangle Race Weekend. Upon arriving, the home owner, Susann, greeted us in person; she was very welcoming, friendly, and informative. The studio itself is very cozy, clean, bright, and open with plenty of room to store our belongings.
The reason we booked this studio was because of its proximity to the fabulous downtown area and the race start lines. The studio is a pleasant 10 minute walk to downtown.
Overall, we had the perfect stay here. It was homey, accommodating, and comfortable. The place is very affordable and much cheaper than most hotels/motels in the area. We will definitely come back to stay here for future visits!
My stay on Astwood Close came to an end rather quickly. Before I realized it, sadly, I was packing to leave. My Host displayed such a care and concern for the comfort of her guest that she has single- handedly redefined the concept of service.
The unit was clean, tastefully decorated and stocked with necessities.
The Welcome Book is detailed and serves as a guide to the small and beautiful island known as Bermuda as well as the accommodations. It was evident that the Host devotes a tremendous amount of time and effort into making the unit comfortable and welcoming. Well done!
Hello there! Here I am showing the beautiful panoramic view of St. George's
Harbour at the eastern end of the islands of Bermuda to a guest visitor.
I like gardening and you will notice the kitchen garden and other plants on
your way to the Efficiency Studio tucked away. Don't be afraid to ask for
fresh vegetables! We also have a peach tree that gives juicy peaches when
I am very athletic and run early mornings at least twice a week. You are
welcome to join me if this is your thing. I also like to dance and minister
in dance weekly at my church. You are welcome to join me at services on a
Wednesday evening or Sunday morning, but again the choice is yours.
Well that's it about me for now,...... you will have to learn the rest
when you get here :)