Hi, thanks for your interest in my apartment! Here is a short description:
1. the location: city center, great neighborhood;
2. transportation: 10 minutes to the subway station, easy access to everything;
3. value: The apartment is spacious, 750 sq. feet of space (69 sq. meters), sleeps up to 3 (comfortable folding bed will be provided in the living room), and I provide decent amenities; a hotel room of similar price provides less than 1/3 of the space, or even less.
I also have a two-bedroom apartment available, same building, larger space, double balcony, best for you if you travel in a group of more than 3:
Click the apartment photo under "My Other Listings" on the the column on the right.
Located in the de facto center of Beijing, the apartment is one with a bedroom, a living room, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a bathroom with bathtub, with around 750 square feet of space in total. (There is also a storage room! best for your luggage if you have a big one) It's simple, but has everything you need, whether you stay short, or long; for business, or for pleasure.
Few apartments/hotels beat us in terms of location (those do are much more expensive): 3 minutes’ walk up the tree-lined street, you are in the Chang'an Street, and to your right, the CBD, where many of the business headquarters are, is within walking distance, or just a couple of bus stops away; to your left, the Forbidden City, the Tian'anmen Square, the 3 main shopping streets, and many others, are just 2-3 subway stops away; up north, the Hutong, Sanlitun, Houhai, and down south, the Temple of Heaven, are all within easy reach.
The apartment boasts easy access to almost everything: airport, train stations, shopping centers, tourist attractions, business center, nightlife area, etc. Most of the tourist places and business centers are within easy reach. There are around 20 bus lines 3-minute walks away; Subway line 1 and line 2 take you to or connect you to most of the attractions (please find detailed directions in my guidebook). Some major ones:
• 40 minutes away from the airport by taxi or airport express + subway line 2
• 10 minutes to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the National Mesuem, and the National Theatre by subway or bus
• 15 minutes to the Temple of Heaven by subway or bus
• 10 minutes to Wangfujing the shopping street, by subway or bus
• 10 minutes walk to the Silk Market
• 15 minutes to the Houhai area (pubs, Hutong, drum tower, bell tower, etc.) by taxi
• 10 minutes by bus to the World Trade Center, the CCTV tower, that is, the central business area of the city
• 15 minutes to the Sanlitun by taxi or bus, the night life center of the city
• 1 hour to the Summer Palace by subway line 1, then line 4.
• 2 hours to the Great Wall by subway line 2, then train S2
• 20 minutes by bus or taxi to any of the four major music halls in the city
• 30 minutes to the 798 Art Space by taxi (because that place is out of town)
The nearby streets are strewed with restaurants and cafes. From snack bars to Michelin Star Chefs, from western to a variety of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, from Starbucks to cozy local cafes. Explore a bit, and get surprised.
If you want to buy anything, or to cook occasionally, there is a supermarket (Xingfu) 5 minutes away, and also a morning market to get fresh veggies and fruits. Jenny Lou's, a western food grocery, is some 15 minutes pleasant walk away.
There is a convenience store right downstairs that opens 24-hour, more if you want to walk 2 or 3 minutes.
The neighborhood is quite safe. Actually Beijing is quite safe, street crimes are rare. But of course, you can never be too careful.
• Lots of closet for your luggage, your clothes
• Good Air conditioner/ heating system with full self control
• Free Broadband WIFI (password is on the painting beside the desk)
• TV in each room with international channels in English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, and yes, the remotes work
• DVD player
• Complete bathroom with bathtub
• Complete kitchen including refrigerator, pots, pans, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and full kitchen utensils for 4.
• All towels and bedding are included
• Washing machine
• Hair dryer
• We try to be accommodating to your check in/out time
• Discounts for longer term visitors available.
Lastly, Beijing can be overwhelming. If you're looking for suggestions on how to make the best use of your time/budget, just ask! I have been living in the city for over 30 years and I am more than happy to help you. Please feel free to send me an email or give me a call -- nothing is too big or too small!
Ollie was wonderful, he stayed the whole time to wait for us to arrive when we arrived later than intended. The location was very close to every tourist attraction and there are taxis right down the street, just a wonderful location! His guidebook helped a lot and Ollie thank you for that.
Ollie was wonderful! Clear communicator and made guests feel at home while visiting Beijing. I wouldn't hesitate to book this place again!
Ollie is a good guy and this translates to him being a good host. His location is definitely central and very convenient. The condo has hot water 24/7, there is an elevator in-building and central a/c and heating; the washer was a huge bonus. I shouldn't forget to mention the wifi access either. All the comforts of home. We will contact him again in future.
What a wonderful host Ollie was. He couldn't have been more helpful. His information pack was great and enabled us to negotiate the train system with ease. The apartment was in an excellent location, just an easy walk to the train station. You should consider Ollie's apartment when going to Beijing.
Ollie's apartment was very spacious, situated on the 2nd ring road and about 10 minutes walk to the closest metro. We had a really good nights sleep during our stay, the room blocked out any light and was quiet.
Ollie was a great host, he provided (email hidden) on Beijing and included personalised restaurant recommendations by a local Beijinger. You have to try the local restaurant Najia Xiaoguan, the menu is in English and the foodi is superb!
Thank you Ollie , great place and within walking distance to underground,You can go anywhere from there. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from depending on your budget. Supermarket only round the corner, can get pretty much everything you need, plus Walmart two stop on underground, very convenient. Ollie got everything we need in the kitchen for us to cook for ourselves. The apartment is very well equiped. Large enough for three. Me and my mum have a great time staying at Ollie's apartment . Would recommend to anyone who come to visit Beijing. Definitely will be back to explore more and staying there again. Well done Ollie and Keep it up!
Our stay at Ollies apartment was very enjoyable. The apartment is in good condition, clean, cozy, and the location is very good. Busstops and subway stations are nearby. Ollie is a wonderful host that works hard to ensure that his guests get the very best out of theyr stay. He has made a guide-book with very helpful information and directions from the apartment. He will gladly help you with whatever he can.
Ollie is a great host! The apartment is in a great location in Beijing. I like to cook and the kitchen in the apartment is fantastic! All the utensils are top notch and clean. The kitchen also has all the ingredients you need (soy source, salt, oil, etc).
Highly recommend this apartment if you want a comfortable place, convenient location, and a kitchen to cook your meals.
It was Great.
When i am back again in Beijing
I stay at your apartment .
Ollie was great–very hospitable, friendly and responsive. His apartment was clean and perfect for my boyfriend and I when we traveled to Beijing. He even prepared a guidebook himself to assist our travels. Don't hesitate to ask him for recommendations.
Thank you again, Ollie!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT