About this listing
A healing space offering peace, privacy and a chance to live with the locals. Our large attached studio with a kitchenette and spacious patio offers guests a unique experience.Guests please be over 25 years old, non-smokers, earth-conscious, health-minded, nature-loving, with mind-body soul awareness.
This is a tranquil, retreat space set-up for select individuals or couples. On some occasions we have hosted couples with a child - and loved it.
ATTACHED TO OUR MAIN HOME:
Our family live in the main home. This makes it easy for us to be available to help you plan your day, answer questions, or hear about your adventures. We do not share our living spaces. Your space and our space is completely separate. We do share the driveway and the backyard. Former guests described it as a "homestay with privacy" because of the personal attention and chance to see how we live.
The oceanview Guest Suite with kitchenette is elegantly and simply appointed with:
* Ceiling Fans (no AC)
* Private bath and shower big enough for 2
* Queen-size bed
* Twin size memory foam pull-out
* Soft towels and linen
* Free Wi-Fi (can be slow) & stereo (no TV)
* Patio seating & table for dining
The kitchenette is equipped with:
* Medium-size refrigerator
* Electric skillet
* Microwave oven
* Filtered water pitcher
* Food Storage containers
* Basic cooking utensils
* Flatware and dishes
* Rice cooker upon request
Other amenities include:
* Free on-site parking
* Shared Laundry area
* Free mid-stay cleaning upon request
* Fresh towels every 4 days upon request
WHAT THE SUITE DOES NOT HAVE:
No Air Conditioner - summers can be hot
No daily towel changes or maid service
See House Manual for more details.
See House Manual for more details.
Interaction with Guests
Best case scenario: we speak briefly each day and evening and have time to invite you over for at least one meal or excursion. BUT, we are a family that gets up early and often times get home late and you're wanting to enjoy the island...sooo it really depends on our schedules.
Plan to at least say HI and BYE if we happen to be in the driveway at the same time. It all happens organically.
*Up in the mountains overlooking open land and the ocean.
*10-15 minutes from the beach. (Check "Makakilo" to "White Plains Beach" OR "Makakilo" to "Ko Olina Resort" to get (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)maps estimates).
*West side. Dry side of the island. Not the Hollywood image of green, rain-forested lush Hawaii - just the opposite. Close to everything but outta the hustle and bustle.
* Safeway, Longs, Walmart, Target, Ross, Home Depot, Costco, Starbucks, Chili's, fast foods chains, etc right down the hill in Kapolei.
* Local favorites - Tamuras Supermarket, Foodland Market, Down-to-Earth (health food store), Malama Market, Coffee Bean and Tea and lots of local favorites close by too.
* Kapolei Local Restaurants - EnFuego, Assagios, Pho808, Sushi Bay, El Mariachi, Kapolei Chinese Restaurant, Hapa Grill, Aloha Salads, Daiichi Ramen, Teddy's Bigger Burger and more.
* Use YELP.
Rental Car is a MUST.
Other Things to Note
* Free Wi-fi is available but a little slow in the area.
* Beach equipment: cooler, chairs, boogie boards, umbrella, beach mats, mask & snorkel.
* Gate: requires you to manually open and close it when coming or going.
(Detailed House Manual provided to confirmed guests)
* Be non-smokers.
* Be over 25 years old.
* Be polite, kind and quiet.
* Please don't use speaker-phone feature in the patio area.
* Be considerate of water use and the 3 R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle).
* Registered guests only.
* Take shoes off indoors.
* Throw food trash out daily (to avoid ants & bugs).
* Don't let our adorable dog Peanut trick you into believing he can be inside.
* Throw food waste over the fence.
* To avoid ants, clean up well. Use storage containers for food.
* Minimize sand - Before leaving the beach and again before entering the room, rinse the sand from your feet, legs, slippers, swimwear and pockets. There's water hoses at the parking area and outside the patio area. And the jug of water in the beach stuff is to rinse off at the beach.
* Keep a cooler and beach stuff in your car.
* On our property, it's not necessary to lock the rental car.
From Dec 01, 2015 - Feb 29, 2016 the minimum stay is 3 nights.