About This Listing
This recently remodeled home is new to the Portland market. It's not the run of the mill vacation rental. It is designed by Encircle Design and Build using reclaimed and local materials and loaded with unique touches. Radiant floor heat, concrete counters, natural light, and modern tiles makes this vacation rental a design haven.
Is simply perfect. The house sits in the heart of Alberta Street, Portland's most vibrant funky neighborhood. You can walk to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and stores. Inner NE Portland is centrally located so visiting other neighborhoods or going downtown is a few minutes drive. The house is 15 minutes from the airport. There is one parking spot off street and plenty of free parking on the street. The bus stop is 2 blocks from the house making public transport a breeze.
One major perk about renting this house is the coupons our lovely neighbors have shared for our guests. Frock Boutique, Tin Shed, Garnish, Digs Inside and Out, Mimosa Studios, Bin 21, Cork Bottle Shop, Crafty Wonderland....You get discounts to all these wonderful places! So eat, drink and shop- all a stroll away and all at a discounted price!
A large outdoor patio with built in benches, outdoor table and comfortable lounge chairs greet you outside you as you enter the property. Inside an open living room (with tv, cable, wifi, and I-Pod hook up), dining room and kitchen (fully stocked from coffee grinder to blender) make the common areas a perfect place to hang out with family and friends during your vacation. Reclaimed materials, and locally sourced items adorn the house giving it a true Portland feel.
3 bedrooms allow for comfortable sleeping for 6 people. The first and second bedrooms have queen beds with comfortable mattresses and linens. The third bedroom has 2 twin beds which can be pushed together to form a queen bed if desired.
The side yard has a large picnic tabe, super cool kids play structure, teeter-tooter, and yard games. A perfect spot for guests to relax and kids to run!
For larger groups, this home can be rented with the upper unit (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/801318). The upper unit has 4 bedrooms and can fit an additional 8-9 guests.
Shift Vacation Rentals- Terms and Conditions- High Gear & Low Gear
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4:00 pm PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11:00 am PST. No Early Check-in or late check-out unless approved in advance.
2. This is a NON SMOKING house. Smoking is allowed outdoors.
3. PETS – Tenants are not permitted to bring pets into the house.
4. Tenants are expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
a. No damage is done to the house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No parties in the house or more then 10 people allowed at one time.
5. CANCELLATIONS – If you need to cancel up to one month in advance, you get the full payment back. Between a month and 2 weeks you get half the payment. Two weeks up to reservation there is no refund. Any changes that result in a shortened stay or early departure do not warrant any refund.
6. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. This includes false or misleading statements about the number of guests who will be staying at the property.
8. No more then 10 people max are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with owner. This rule is established so that there aren’t parties at the home.
9. Quiet hours- Please respect the neighborhood with keeping the noise down after 10:00pm-8:00am.
10. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
I hereby agree to pay the amounts stated in the Rental Confirmation and any excess damage or losses accrued during my stay. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above.
The wooden beehive may look like a child's toy but if the sun is shining, it's the perfect place for a good book and a coffee. You also get a good view of everyone sauntering by on Alberta and Portland the cat usually even stops by. The apartment is roomy and nice and surrounding merchants didn't just give us a discount for staying there, they seemed enthusiastic about taking less of our money.
This is an awesome place in a fabulous location. We couldn't have been happier. Exactly as described. We will hope to stay here again.
the location and ease of check in are two things that make this place great! Excellent communication is also a key factor. My colleague & I booked earlier that same day for a last-minute business trip, and heard back immediately. Everything was so smooth & easy.
This host has 42 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Michelle
We are a husband and wife team who love to travel and love designing houses. Hence the start up of our business Encircle Design and Build. We adore Portland and think its, if not the, then one of the best cities in the USA. We are excited to share our home and neighborhood with you as it offers so much. In the house there is a list of recommendations of what to do and see in PDX!
Adorable dresses, jewels, and other funky finds at affordable prices.Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Farm to table freshness in a creative environment- try the veggie pesto scramble!NE Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Wonderful organic grocery store to stock up on local and season delicacys.Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Fun place with outdoor patio for drinks!
Super adorable bus converted into a food cart. If you like grilled cheese, you need to visit!NE Alberta Ave Portland OR 97211
Newly remodeled sweet spot for seeing some music!Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Latte perfection!Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Pie to die for......seriously.Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Amazing sushi and saki for a wonderful night out.NE Alberta Portland OR 97211
A dress shop you wont be able to leave empty handed.Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
All I can say is carmel and salt ice cream rocks.Portland OR 97211
Peruvian food- get lots of small plates for the table and share them.NE Alberta Street Portland OR 97211
Excellent music and show venue check out whos playing while you are in town!Northeast Alberta Street Portland OR 97211