About this listing
Welcome ALL good souls- to our Safe, Comfy, Cozy, Clean, Quiet+Casual HOUSE.We're Longtime residents/artists.Stay w us in our Venice CA style Bed+BREAKFAST. THE sweetest spot! WALKABLE-10min; BEACH, BOARDWALK, VEN PIER, CANALS+Marriott! 15min to hipster ABBOT KINNEY! BIKE- 10min MainSt. SANTA MONICA, 20 to SMO PIER. Our BOHO/eclectic home has 4 RMs, 2 BA for rent. We have 2 sweet cats, not allowed in bedrooms. We r down to earth,happy to host you+available help you have the best stay possible.
Mona Lisa Smile Room is our quietest/biggest bedroom. It has a comfy queen size bed + garden view. The theme of the room is Mona Lisa+art :) This room is connected to 2 hallways with the library in front of the room... hallway on the side leads to the Master Bathroom, which is shared with Lisa + Joe. Sharing our bathroom has never been a problem. We keep it pretty darn clean and tidy and are considerate of our guests. We usually take showers late in the day which helps free it up in the morning for you.
Our unique and comfortable home is a U-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden (open during breakfast). Our love of travel, art and life in general is expressed in our home’s furnishings and interior decor.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
• The Master Bathroom and Spa Tub
• The Living Room (fireplace, Large flat screen TV)
• The Garden dining area at breakfast time
• The Kitchen dining area at breakfast time
In addition to your room, you will have access to a cozy living room with fireplace -- wonderful on cooler nights. The large gourmet kitchen is where you might eat breakfast, or you may choose to eat it on the patio or front lounge. The patio deck is like an outdoor room of its own, very peaceful, with a fountain, lots of plants, flowers and butterflies. Kitchen and garden is open during breakfast hours 9.00 -10:30 AM. If you need an earlier breakfast.we are happy to put a “breakfast to go” in your room the night before. Please let us know the day before you would like it.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy chatting with guests. We also like helping them out with travel plans. But if you do not need or want to chat about travel plans or anything else we will respect that. We expect guests to respect us and our privacy
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! We are in the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemian and fun part of LA.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the beach, 10 minutes walk (0.4 mile)
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals (0.2 mile)
• Around 15 minutes to the heart of the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk (.08 mile)
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, water sports and restaurants
• 12 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture, antique shops and jewelry shops--restaurants, bars and coffee houses) (0.6 mile)
• 10 minute walk to the Friday Venice Farmers Market.
• 28 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Venice/Santa Monica, shopping and dining.
• 2 minutes walk to bus stop @ Washington and Via Marina
• 15 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 15 minutes to a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains
• 20 minutes to Malibu
• 20 minutes to Getty Museum
• 20 minutes to Mulholland Drive
• Uber and Lyft have become a very popular way to get around LA
•The Culver bus stop 3 minutes away on Washington Street.
•The Santa Monica Blue Bus stop is about 1/2 miles away.
Other things to note
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room or the front part of the house- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU...
• Extended continental breakfast- Note: Kitchen only open during breakfast 9-10:30.
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area
• 42" flat screen (in shared living room)
• High thread count sheets and pillowcases
• Filtered water in your room
• Camping style ice chest/box in room (to use to store snacks, we have blue ice to help things from spoiling. Must change daily)
• 2 Bedside tables with 3 drawers
• An armoure for your clothes
• Sheets/blankets/shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Bathtub and shower
• Hair dyer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast time only-9-10:30)
• Patio garden off of kitchen(for breakfast time only-9-10:30)
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Tons of Travel books and brochures
• RULE NUMBER ONE-- Have a wonderful stay in Venice Beach!
READ OUR LISTINGS CAREFULLY
• We want you to choose the room that fits you the best (we have 4 in our home). Guest's who read/understand listings before booking have the most wonderful experiences.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE MANUAL AFTER YOU BOOK
• It will help make your stay easier and more pleasant. We think it contains lots of useful information. There will be a quiz in the morning. Just Joking.
• 9:00-10:30AM (except Garden Cabana guests who can access room, located in courtyard/garden, at anytime:)
PLEASE PROVIDE A COMPLETE PROFILE
• We prefer guests that provide a clear and current profile pic (for safety) and a little introduction to who they are and why they choose our home
• We love all sorts of animals, but our cats don’t. Plz don’t bring your pets.
• No Smoking inside the house or on the back garden deck please. Smoking is permitted in the front yard only. Please make sure windows and doors to living room are closed at time of smoking, so as not to get smoke inside house
• For your safety and ours we have provided flameless candles.
No flames please.
NO UNINVITED GUESTS PLEASE
• Out of respect to your fellow guests, and our home, Peaceful Paradise is open only to guests who have a reservation with us.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 786 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We love living in Venice. It epitomizes everything we love about life. The ocean, art, access to great restaurants, and scenic walks, and the diverse culture.
We throughly enjoy having guests, and feel that everyone we meet has a way of enriching our lives. Meeting someone new and hearing their story can be just as entertaining and interesting as watching a great movie.
The restaurants in our neighborhood are amazing. We can find just about any type of food we are in the mood for. Some of our favorites are Thai, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese. All within close walking distance.
Most of our regular places to visit are not very far away. We appreciate a sunset walk to the Venice Pier, a bike ride to the Santa Monica Pier, a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains or in Joshua Tree National Park, staying at BnB's in Ventura and Santa Barbara, and camping at Big Sur and the Giant Forest.
There is lots of free fun to be had in and around Venice. Here's a list of the local events that we love to partake in, and often invite a group of our friends to join us; concerts on the Santa Monica Pier, the Abbot Kinney Festival, The Venice Canal Holiday Boat Parade, The Venice Carnival, The Festival of the Chariots, The Marina Boat Parade, The Marina 4th of July Fireworks and Concerts in Burton Chase Park.
How blessed we are to live in Venice. Hope you enjoy your visit as much we do living here.
Wherever you stay we hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to this wonderful place we call home!