We are avid travelers, and we love to stay in B & Bs. We will strive to make your stay as nice as we can, based on our own experience. We have had many extremely satisfied guests/friends from around the globe stay with us and they have inspired us to share our home on Airbnb. In fact we have enjoy the Airbnb experience so much that we decided to offer second room in our home to rent. We are offering our super sized master room! As you can see, we have more than 45 reviews of the other room "Peaceful Paradise 4 blocks to Beach", all positive- 5 stars!
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! We are in the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemien and fun part of LA.
ABOUT OUR GUEST SPACE
ROOM #2- THE HARMONY GARDEN ROOM
We offer a master bedroom and wonderful master bathroom with spa tub. This room has a comfortable queen size bed. We think you will find it very peaceful and quiet. Note that the bathroom, located in a private hallway off of this room will be shared with one or two people.
You will have access to a cozy living room with fireplace -- wonderful on cooler nights. A large gourmet kitchen is where you might eat breakfast, or you may choose to eat on the patio under the pergola. The patio deck is like an outdoor room of its own, very peaceful, with 2 fountains, lots of plants, flowers and butterflies. We also have a bench in our lush front garden for relaxing and watching passers by.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the sands of Venice Beach & the Pier
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals
• 10 minutes to the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, water sports and restaurants
• 15 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture and antique shops, restaurants, bars and coffee houses)
• 10 minute walk to the Venice Friday Farmers Market.
• 20 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 20 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Santa Monica.
• 5 minutes walk to Washington/Ocean bus stop
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
• Private bedroom • Private entry • Living room
• Extended continental breakfast
• Ice chest in room to store food, (we supply blue ice, just ask)
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area, where parking can be impossible on a nice sunny day. (We have a lot of sunshine)!
• FIre place (in living room)
• 42" flat screen (in living room)
• 24" TV inch hidden in your room
• Soft high thread count sheets and pillow cases
• Filtered water in your room
• Armoire drawers and hangers
• Shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Large beautiful bathroom with spa tub
• Hair dyer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Ask if ipad is available (for use on premisses)
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen and your room
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Travel books and brochures
• Record Player/stereo
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay. It is helpful, but not necessary to let us know in advance, if you would like to take advantage of any of the treats below...
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• Drop off at LAX for half of what a taxi costs.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any laundry facilities around here.
• Spa bath tub with massaging jets, organic herbal bubble bath and relaxing music in our beautiful master bathroom--ask about the hourly rate.-a glass of wine and appetizers can be added on. :)
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic beach house designed like a New England cottage and located on a quite, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a u-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by
a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden. Our love of travel, art and life
in general is expressed in our homes furnishings and
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
A BIT MORE ABOUT US
Joe is an animation director and producer and Lisa is a graphic designer. We mostly work at home. We are here to be not only as your host and hostess, but your guides. We have lived in Venice Beach and L.A.’s West-side for more then 25 years so if you need suggestions for the many restaurants, galleries, gardens and hikes within walking distance of our home, we can offer a wealth of information to help you plan your visit. If you prefer to be left alone, and to plan your own trip, that is fine too!
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room-- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Lisa and Joe were the perfect hosts. They offered up so much of their time to giving us advice as to where to go and what to see in Venice. They cooked a delicious breakfast every morning. We also enjoyed the company of the other guests staying at the B&B.
At the end of our trip, we agreed that of all the places we stayed in California, this place had the best company.
My husband and I stayed with Lisa and Joe and absolutely loves our stay in Venice. The location could not be any better and the hosts were wonderful. Both Lisa and Joe answered all of our questions and were always there to answer and help with all of our questions. We would definitely stay there again!
Lisa and Joe's place is fantastic! My husband and I had a wonderful stay in the Harmony Garden room for our fifth anniversary. They were both great hosts, serving delicious breakfasts and providing very helpful tips on the area sites and restaurants. The house is exactly as depicted - cozy and comfortable. The location near great restaurants and the Venice Pier/Boardwalk is perfect. I would highly recommend staying at Peaceful Paradise when you come to LA.
Thank you Lisa and Joe for such a great time!
This was our first time at Airbnb and it was a delight, Joe and Lisa were great hosts and very helpful on what to see around Venice. Hope to stay there again soon. Parking was not an issue for us. Thanks alot.
My friend and I stayed at Joe and Lisa's place, and we were delighted to have chosen them as our hosts. We did not only have such a comfortable bed, but the overall experience has been great. We were left in our privacy when it was needed, and we had some fun and interesting conversations with them as well. We were able to take the bikes one day to drive along the coast and explore Santa Monica a bit. It is a great city, very beautiful and you definitely have to pass by there if you're ever in Venice Beach. Enjoy your stay with Joe and Lisa, they are very caring and understanding hosts!
This was my first AirBandB rental and what a great introduction. The location is perfect, blocks from the Venice canals and the beach with Marina Del Ray just blocks away. Restaurants galore right next to the beauty of the beach. The house is fabulous. I loved all of the touches, the homemade muffins and frittata, the heater in my room, the rooms that open up to the internal patio, etc. The other guests were lovely too. Great hosts. Great place.
I simply loved my stay at the Pearson's! I find it quite hard to write anything because the actual experience at their Peaceful Paradise simply transcends all words. Both Lisa and Joe are very friendly and genuine people and they are super helpful all the time. The place is surrounded by a lot of good restaurants and the hippies street of The States, Abbot Kinney, is just around the corner. The Venice Beach is a 5min walk away from the house. For an active traveller this is heaven since everything is close by: Astanga Yoga, Gyms, Cycling routes, Running routes... This I will direct to both Lisa & Joe. Thank You! My time in Venice and Los Angeles would not have been the same without you guys. I truly hope that our paths will meet for another time.
Venice Beach is awesome and this house close! Only a few blocks away from the canals and the beach. The house is in a nice safe neighborhood with parking on the street. The house is very clean. Joe and Lisa are very friendly and helpful.
You can't go wrong with Lisa and Joe! Warm, attentive, good hearted, generous, thoughtful, funny and kind... And their home rocks! It's a beautiful house in a wonderful neighbourhood - you're literally around the corner from the Beach and Canals and the uber stylish Abbot Kinney Boulevard is less than a 5 minute drive or a delightful 15 minute walk away.... Give Lisa and Joe a go - I promise, you won't be disappointed!
Joe and Lisa are gracious and friendly hosts. They are helpful with directions and tips about where to eat and sights to see.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.