About this listing
A main level studio apartment in a historic 1890 Minneapolis duplex. It has 3 distinct rooms connected with archways. Dividing screens separate two of these rooms. One of the rooms (next to the bathroom) is separated from the others with closing doors. Two comfy futons in separate living spaces (queen and full size) sleep 2 people each, and one real full size bed. 2 big tables, 42inch HDTV, cable and a free wi-fi connection.
1 bathroom and one kitchen with all standard appliances, gas stove, fridge and all you need to fix a meal. Fruit and blender for smoothies.
Walking distance from a health food store, restaurants and pubs.
10 minute walk to the light-rail, that connects you to the airport and to downtown. Very close to the U of M, Fairview Riverside University Hospital (15 min walk), to Augsburg College (about 15 min walk). Also close to the Children's Hospital and to Abbot Northwestern Hospital (5 min drive). Walking distance to bike rentals. Take a bike for a spin to the Mississippi river, Minnehaha state park, or the lakes.
If you choose to rent a car and drive to downtown, it will take you 5 minutes.
My Japanese-style backyard surrounded by trees has a fire pit. Feel free to have a taste of nature without leaving the city.
Safe secure building. Separate entrance, plenty of parking space in the street. Plenty of closet space too.
You will be comfortable and warm.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the building. Smokers, please do not apply. A $200 fine/cleaning fee will be accessed for each smoking incident inside the house (for each instance of cigarette smoke noticed coming from the apartment, or for the smell noticed inside).
2. Please be careful with the use of fire. If you make a bonfire in the back yard, make sure that it does not exceed 2 feet x 1 foot.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of guest.
4. The owners of the duplex, or the renters of the upper unit are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Guest agrees that Internet access will not be used for illegal or illicit purposes and indemnifies Homeowner against criminal and civil prosecution for such conduct.
7. Pets are permitted only with prior approval, are generally limited to service animals, and the Pet Addendum must be used if a pet will stay at the unit. Note to those with allergies: cats reside in other areas of the building. Please keep in mind we thoroughly clean and all linens are laundered after every guest.
8. Parking: There is usually no limit to parking on the street near the building. NOTE that in winter, there are “Snow Emergencies” declared and your car must be off-street. NOTE that maintenance crews may prohibit parking, please look for signs. Consult with management regarding where to park at that time. Off street parking is generally
limited to one vehicle(s), however two vehicles may be parked one behind the other in the reserved space. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service or laundry is not included in the rental rate. It is an option, however. Please ask about for cost. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
10. Fire. Any outdoor fire pit, grill or candles may be used with caution. Ask for assistance and instruction before using for the first time. Do not leave a fire unattended. Ask for instruction if you have not used these items before, or if they are not identical to those you have used in the past.
11. Underage Drinking/ Illegal Drugs: Guest(s) agree not to allow anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages on the premises. Resident(s) agree not to use nor permit the use of any non-prescription drugs on the premises.
12. Disrespectful Behavior: Guest(s) agree and understand that certain things won't be tolerated, including (without limitation) disrespect of property, property owners, neighbors, or company management. Guest(s) shall be respectful at all times. In the event of disrespectful behavior, guest(s) shall be liable for an additional $500 fee.
13. Holdover: Guest(s) agree and understand that they must vacate the premises upon expiration of the rental term date and time of day (1 PM unless prior agreement). In the event Resident(s) remain on the premises after the expiration of the rental term, Resident(s) shall be liable for standard rental rate plus $200/day additional fee until the guest(s) voluntarily leave or are evicted from the premises by the authorities.
14. Please, do your dishes before you leave.
Nice place, just as described. Close to both St. Paul and Minneapolis...would stay here again!
Masha's apartment was even better than its description. The location is perfect--in a neighborhood with interesting old houses that have been thoughtfully renovated, with lots of small gardens (I walk an hour a day). There's a local coop and coffee shop/bakery nearby. The apartment itself is cozy, clean, and well maintained. We cook all our own food, and the kitchen was well supplied. It was a quick and easy drive to the University of Minnesota campus, and there's also light rail transportation. We would definitely stay there again!
Masha was great. She was easy to get in touch with and responsive. She had even bought us some food for a small breakfast in case we didn't want to eat out. The apartment was cute (the bottom floor of a two story building), and the listing is accurate.
Masha was great!! The apartment was VERY clean and organized and Masha was always quick to communicate (we were about an hour late and she was very flexible and available to be reached!).
The neighborhood is awesome. Seward is such a cool, up-and-coming part of Minneapolis. There are parks, cafes, restaurants, shops, and an amazing market all within walking distance.
Definitely recommend staying here!
Staying at mashas house was a treat! Lots of room for my friend and I to spread out. Only about 6-7 blocks to the light rail which was great for going to the Twins game and TCF bank for a concert!
Wonderful experience in Seward. Masha was very accommodating and made it all a very easy process. The apartment is walking distance to many great restaurants and bars. Birchwood cafe for breakfast! And the Seward Co-op is the best for groceries. Wish we could have stayed longer!
Masha was an excellent host. I had to make a last minute change and she was very flexible and accommodating. Her place was spotless, cozy and decorated with lots of great artwork. The only drawback is that you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Finally, we appreciated (and took advantage of) her offer to make use of what was in the fridge. All in all, I would definitely stay at her place again!
About the Host, Masha
I have lived in Minneapolis for almost 20 years, and I love it. I particularly love this neighborhood, where people support community values, building relationships and health.
I was born in Russia, and speak Russian fluently. I am fluent in English, and I also speak French and Spanish. I am sure we will find a way to communicate, whatever language you choose.
I work as a conference interpreter for the most part, but I am also interested in documentary filmmaking, and have been producing shorts for the past few years. I will be happy to share.
Another passion of mine is singing in a women's chorus. Our repertoire consists of songs of the world. If you have a tune to share, will be happy to listen to it.