About this listing
This 1800s hideaway in the heart of artsy Lambertville NJ has a knock-out kitchen (complete with marble countertops and authentic cabinets from Jim Morrison's last US residence out in West Hollywood), that opens up onto your secluded courtyard and garden.
You'll have 1 Queen bed and 1 twin sleeper sofa, made up with Egyptian linens,
and a full modern bath (tub and shower and even dressing table), with Juliette balcony that opens out over Secret Garden.
For your convenience, there are 2 TVs (one of which includes premium channels and HBO OnDemand), an ipod with everything from Billie Holiday to Rockpile, and wireless internet.
It's all just 1.5 hours from NYC and 1 hour from Philly (see below for public transport) But why would you want to leave?
You'll be surrounded by art galleries, antique shops, more than 2 dozen cool restaurants -- and you'll be right on the historic Canal path which is treasured for biking, kayaking, paddleboarding -- "toys included in stay!
Can there be more? A short stroll over the bridge'll take you to New Hope PA for Friday fireworks all summer, a newly re-opened Bucks County Playhouse ((website hidden)), fun global music at St Johns Church, and an active historic society ((website hidden)).
These 2 river towns host special festivals throughout the year -- Shad Fest, Winterfest, Autumn House Tour, Spring Garden Tour! To get an idea, go here: (website hidden)
Plus, you're only 3 miles downriver from the incredible Stockton Farmer's Market (F/S/S, throughout the year)
and 6 miles upriver from Washington Crossing State Park, where George Washington made his famous crossing during our Revolution.
It's easy to reach Lambertville by car, and Secret Garden comes with a parking spot (this is a BIG DEAL in Lambertville)
but you can also get here from NYC via the TransBridge Bus ($40 one way, 1.5 hour trip from Port Authority, free wi-fi on board) and get dropped off 2 blocks from the Secret Garden!
Check out my photos and feel free to message me, Melanie, with any questions.
Welcome to Lambertville!
Other Things to Note
A note about kids:
I raised 4 sons, so I know firsthand the enjoyment of traveling with kids. However, Secret Garden is a small enclave of 3 homes, all adult-owned and occupied. The bedroom has no door, so is open to the stairway, and the home is not childproof.
It is not recommended for any children under 10, and older kids by special request only please. Thank you!
I love my home's energy, light, and warmth, and I hope it makes you feel welcome! All I ask is that you treat it like it was your own. 5 main rules:
1. NO SMOKING, inside or in the garden.
2. Shoes off at door, please. (heels on stairs make a lot of noise!) Quiet hours in town start at 10pm.
3. I am a big cook and have a well-equipped kitchen. I like for you to enjoy it, but I ask you to respect certain guidelines (outlined on Welcome Letter when you arrive) and to use the pans/tools/etc respectfully, leaving them exactly as you have found them. In other words, treat the kitchen as your own.
4. Alcohol belongs to the house. Please BYO.
5. House abuts 2 other homes in this quaint historic area, so the gardens on either side of Secret Garden's brick patio are private. Everyone is very friendly, but to respect privacy (and to prevent Melanie's K9 from getting out of garden gate), please contain your garden use to only the brick patio area, and always use FRONT DOOR to entry/exit to "Secret Garden".
Thank you :)