Two park-view double rooms are available in this upper floor apartment, on Mountjoy Square in Dublin city centre. This is a top floor apartment ( no elevator ) which occupies a whole floor in a Georgian House, built in 1795. With amazing front and back views of the wider Dublin city and county all the way to the Wicklow Mountains.
I LIVE IN THE APARTMENT so are available to meet your needs and welcome you to Dublin. This is a safe and gay-friendly space. Families are very welcome, as are family pets.
The apartment is on Mountjoy Square, which dates from the Georgian era between 1780 and 1800. This red-bricked house is one of the few remaining on this side of the city with original features from the first occupants.
This apartment in particular has the best views of the Square and Park. Decorated in a modern style with an artistic flourish to reflect my interest in the arts and culture while enhancing original features such as sash windows. In the hallway to the building examples can be seen of a Georgian stairway, mirroring and chandelier lighting. Just on the doorstep is Mountjoy Square Park which is open to the public and is an oasis of green in the city centre.
About the apartment:
This apartment has two large double bedrooms available to rent, a large living room, a separate kitchen with a balcony and one shared bathroom. In the bedroom there is a double bed and a single pull out chair bed. We only allow two adults in the rooms because of pressure on the bathroom. There is no charge for children under five years of age. There will be a small extra fee for cleaning if pets come to stay.
We also have a travel cot and high chair if you want to book them.
For groups larger than 2 we can offer a special rate on renting both rooms.
We have a number of great facilities for you to use and enjoy while you stay.
- Free Wifi
- International adapter
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Cooking utensils, pots, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- Tea, coffee, milk.
Helping you to relax:
- A bath with bubble bath provided.
- TV with cable
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with maps
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
- Limited free on street parking is available.
What are we near?
- Airport - 15 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallace's- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus or Luas ride.
- Clontarf and Sandmount - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
I look forward to your visit!
Please be pleasant and polite. I live on the premises and the house is quiet and people respect each other. So we do not want groups of people who are rowdy, loud or drunk.
Please don't smoke in the apartment. You can smoke on the balcony if you like.
The wifi is limited and they will fine me if we go over the limit and I'll have to take it out of your deposit. So please don't download or stream music or movies or similar large things.
Apart from that, there are no particular rules.
Martin ist ein sehr netter Gastgeber. Er war noch bei der Arbeit als wir ankamen, so dass seine Schwester uns empfangen und uns das Appartement gezeigt hat. Es war alles da, was man braucht inklusive einiger Informationen über die Gegend und Dublin, Tipps zum Essen und Trinken und vielem mehr.
Das Zimmer hat einen tollen Blick auf den Mountjoy Square und ist sehr gemütlich. Wir empfehlen das Appartement auf jeden Fall weiter.
Unfortunately we didn't have the opportunity to meet Martin because he was not in town but he was aways available and his sister who welcomed us did everything to make us feel at home. The room is very spacious, the bed is very confortable, great view to the square and everything was very clean. Highly recommended!
We didn´t meet Martin, but his friendly sister let us in and showed us our room and the flat in general. Really nice apartment! Loved the balcony and the view over the park. We had a very pleasant time. Thank you!
Provided lots of useful, interesting information on the building and the area. Arranged for his friend to welcome us, as he was away. Top floor of beautiful house..the staircase and plasterwork are very impressive. Very convenient location near Hugh Lane Gallery and Writers Museum. Easy airport connection. Comfy beds, great view, well equipped kitchen and lovely hot water. highly recommended!
Martin ist ein freundlicher Gastgeber und hat uns herzlich empfangen, obwohl das Wetter weniger toll war.
Es war eine schöne Zeit, der Raum ist genau wie auf den Bildern zu sehen und es ist kein Problem, die Küche, das Bad und das Wohnzimmer zu benutzen. Am Anfang war es etwas kalt im Zimmer wegen der alten Fenster, aber es gibt eine Heizung, also kein Problem.
Martin is a very friendly person and gave us a nice welcome although the weather was very Irish ;)
it was a very nice time there, the room is like on the picture and using the bath, kitchen and living was no problem. Only the temperature in the room was a little low at the beginning because of old windows but there is a heating so no problem!
The house is amazing, lovely Georgian house, really clean and nice decoration. The flat is 5 min away of the city centre and in front of a lovely park. We only had a little chat with Martin since he was not much at home during our stay there. However he was really kind. 100% recommendable.
Martin is a really friendly host, and the apartment is perfect. Perfect location: park in front, view over the city in the back, and a very charming room.
This host has 115 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi I am Martin
I work in an art gallery and sing in a choir. I enjoys films (a lot) and socialising.
I look forward to meeting new people, welcoming you into the apartment and helping you have a fantastic adventure in Dublin.