Two park-view double rooms are available in this upper floor apartment, on Mountjoy Square in Dublin city centre. This is a top floor apartment ( no elevator ) which occupies a whole floor in a Georgian House, built in 1795. With amazing front and back views of the wider Dublin city and county all the way to the Wicklow Mountains.
I LIVE IN THE APARTMENT so are available to meet your needs and welcome you to Dublin. This is a safe and gay-friendly space. Families are very welcome, as are family pets.
The apartment is on Mountjoy Square, which dates from the Georgian era between 1780 and 1800. This red-bricked house is one of the few remaining on this side of the city with original features from the first occupants.
This apartment in particular has the best views of the Square and Park. Decorated in a modern style with an artistic flourish to reflect my interest in the arts and culture while enhancing original features such as sash windows. In the hallway to the building examples can be seen of a Georgian stairway, mirroring and chandelier lighting. Just on the doorstep is Mountjoy Square Park which is open to the public and is an oasis of green in the city centre.
About the apartment:
This apartment has two large double bedrooms available to rent, a large living room, a separate kitchen with a balcony and one shared bathroom. In the bedroom there is a double bed and a single pull out chair bed. We only allow two adults in the rooms because of pressure on the bathroom. There is no charge for children under five years of age. There will be a small extra fee for cleaning if pets come to stay.
We also have a travel cot and high chair if you want to book them.
For groups larger than 2 we can offer a special rate on renting both rooms.
We have a number of great facilities for you to use and enjoy while you stay.
- Free Wifi
- International adapter
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Cooking utensils, pots, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- Tea, coffee, milk.
Helping you to relax:
- A bath with bubble bath provided.
- TV with cable
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with maps
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
- Limited free on street parking is available.
What are we near?
- Airport - 15 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallace's- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus or Luas ride.
- Clontarf and Sandmount - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
I look forward to your visit!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$420 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1402 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Neighborhood:||North City Central/O'Connell Street|
We stayed two nights at Martin's place, the apartment is well located and the room very clean and plenty of towels provided, David greeted us and was really helpful, I would recommend Martin's place to every one.
Die Lage des Apt. war genial, da man/n frau sofort im Zentrum ist. Die Aussicht aus der Küche war grandios. Alles in allem super zufrieden mit dem Apt. und auch und vor allem mit Martin. Er ist ein super netter Typ und immer ein offenes Ohr. Danke für die schöne Zeit. Gerne das nächste mal wieder bei Martin.
Thanks Martin for staying in your appartement! Our room was very cosy, clean and big enough for two persons. The bathroom was very clean as well. We didn´t use the kitchen, but dishes and everything is there for preparing your own breakfast.
Although we arrived really late in Dublin (after midnight), it was no problem for Martin to welcome us and give us the keys. The appartment is directly in the city located - so you can have a walk to visit Dublin.
We can completely recommend the accomodation!
Sono stata soddisfatta dell'alloggio. La posizione dell'appartamento vicino al centro è ottima. L'oste è stato sempre gentile e disponibile. Lo consiglio vivamente.
Very quite and well located in the centre of Dublin. Great stay
Very nice place to stay ! Nice view on Mountjoy square blossom trees. Thanks Martin !
Martin’s Georgian Apartment was in a fantastic, safe location. We were able to walk to many sites throughout the city of Dublin. This residence is a shared stay with three bedrooms and a shared bathroom. Our bedroom included a large (double) bed with a separate pull out bed. Both beds were comfortable. The setting was clean and conducive for a dormitory style usage. If one does not mind sharing a single bathroom with 6 persons, it’s fantastic. Martin is kind and hospitable and welcomes a conversation, but will also honor one’s privacy. Martin shared his knowledge about places to visit, how to find them, and how to use the transportation.
My son and myself stayed a couple of days in Martins comfortable apartment. We arrived very late at night and Martin agreed to wait for us.Thank you again! The location was close to all the main points of interest within walking distance, even a jogging tour showed me some lovely parts around his house. It was a friendly welcome, we enjoyed it a lot. A shared bathroom can cause problems from time to time, we all managed to use it to completely different times, everything was tidy and clean. A recommendable place to stay.
We stayed two nights at Martin's place, the apartment is indeed very well located.
The room is really nice, clean and calm (facing Mountjoy Square).
Martin and David are really nice and helpful!
Thanks guys !
Martin is a friendly, pleasant and helpful person. We stayed three nights at Martin's place, the apartment is nice, clean and well located. The room looks exactly as on the pictures, and there was 5 big towels. I would recommend Martin's place to everyone.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT