About This Listing
Two park-view double rooms are available in this upper floor apartment, on Mountjoy Square in Dublin city centre. This is a top floor apartment ( no elevator ) which occupies a whole floor in a Georgian House, built in 1795. With amazing front and back views of the wider Dublin city and county all the way to the Wicklow Mountains.
I LIVE IN THE APARTMENT so are available to meet your needs and welcome you to Dublin. This is a safe and gay-friendly space. Families are very welcome, as are family pets.
The apartment is on Mountjoy Square, which dates from the Georgian era between 1780 and 1800. This red-bricked house is one of the few remaining on this side of the city with original features from the first occupants.
This apartment in particular has the best views of the Square and Park. Decorated in a modern style with an artistic flourish to reflect my interest in the arts and culture while enhancing original features such as sash windows. In the hallway to the building examples can be seen of a Georgian stairway, mirroring and chandelier lighting. Just on the doorstep is Mountjoy Square Park which is open to the public and is an oasis of green in the city centre.
About the apartment:
This apartment has two large double bedrooms available to rent, a large living room, a separate kitchen with a balcony and one shared bathroom. In the bedroom there is a double bed and a single pull out chair bed. We only allow two adults in the rooms because of pressure on the bathroom. There is no charge for children under five years of age. There will be a small extra fee for cleaning if pets come to stay.
We also have a travel cot and high chair if you want to book them.
For groups larger than 2 we can offer a special rate on renting both rooms.
We have a number of great facilities for you to use and enjoy while you stay.
- Free Wifi
- International adapter
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Cooking utensils, pots, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- Tea, coffee, milk.
Helping you to relax:
- A bath with bubble bath provided.
- TV with cable
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with maps
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
- Limited free on street parking is available.
What are we near?
- Airport - 15 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallace's- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus or Luas ride.
- Clontarf and Sandmount - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
I look forward to your visit!
Please be pleasant and polite. I live on the premises and the house is quiet and people respect each other. So we do not want groups of people who are rowdy, loud or drunk.
Please don't smoke in the apartment. You can smoke on the balcony if you like.
The wifi is limited and they will fine me if we go over the limit and I'll have to take it out of your deposit. So please don't download or stream music or movies or similar large things.
Apart from that, there are no particular rules.
My partner and I stayed only a short time here, however, Martin and his sister were both incredibly welcoming and kind, and instantly felt like we had a home in this city. I hope to stay in this beautiful city longer next time, and would stay here again in a heartbeat. Their suggestions were spot on and really made an effort to be certain we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. Thank you for everything Martin! -Ben and David
Martin was a welcoming host and provided us with some tips on the sights we could see during our short stay. It was a pleasure renting the room from him and we would highly recommend it to our friends.
Martin was an exceptional host! He was super nice and was always available if we had any questions or concerns. Many nights we sat up and would talk and hang hang out with Martin who was fun to chat with.
When we arrived, there was some confusion with the cleaning lady who had not cleaned up the room we were to stay in from the previous guest. After a quick call to Martin everything was quickly sorted out and we were able to get into our room with no problems!
The room itself was very spacious, bright and clean. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in after a long day walking around Dublin. The neighbourhood was safe and very close to the the city centre. There was also a lot of restaurants and shops nearby if you didn't want to go too far.
My partner and I felt very safe and at home in Martin's place and highly recommend it to anyone traveling for a short or long period of time within Dublin!
Martin is a great host! Accommodating and kind. His place is really very beautiful. He doesn't do it justice in the description. It's a killer apartment on the top floor of a Georgian townhouse with views of surrounding Dublin/park. My only regret is we couldn't stay for longer! Oh- and his recommendations for food (on his information sheet) were excellent.
The Apartment of Martin is located very centrally and in a beautiful Georgien House. It was very tidy and you could prepared yourself a coffee in the Morning. Martin was very nice and relaxed, Even though we ran Late due to flight delays.
Martin ist ein sehr netter Gastgeber. Er war noch bei der Arbeit als wir ankamen, so dass seine Schwester uns empfangen und uns das Appartement gezeigt hat. Es war alles da, was man braucht inklusive einiger Informationen über die Gegend und Dublin, Tipps zum Essen und Trinken und vielem mehr.
Das Zimmer hat einen tollen Blick auf den Mountjoy Square und ist sehr gemütlich. Wir empfehlen das Appartement auf jeden Fall weiter.
Unfortunately we didn't have the opportunity to meet Martin because he was not in town but he was aways available and his sister who welcomed us did everything to make us feel at home. The room is very spacious, the bed is very confortable, great view to the square and everything was very clean. Highly recommended!
This host has 119 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Martin
Hi I am Martin
I work in an art gallery and sing in a choir. I enjoys films (a lot) and socialising.
I look forward to meeting new people, welcoming you into the apartment and helping you have a fantastic adventure in Dublin.