About this listing
Two park-view double rooms are available in this upper floor apartment, on Mountjoy Square in Dublin city centre. This is a top floor apartment ( no elevator ) which occupies a whole floor in a Georgian House, built in 1795. With amazing front and back views of the wider Dublin city and county all the way to the Wicklow Mountains.
I LIVE IN THE APARTMENT so are available to meet your needs and welcome you to Dublin. This is a safe and gay-friendly space. Families are very welcome, as are family pets.
The apartment is on Mountjoy Square, which dates from the Georgian era between 1780 and 1800. This red-bricked house is one of the few remaining on this side of the city with original features from the first occupants.
This apartment in particular has the best views of the Square and Park. Decorated in a modern style with an artistic flourish to reflect my interest in the arts and culture while enhancing original features such as sash windows. In the hallway to the building examples can be seen of a Georgian stairway, mirroring and chandelier lighting. Just on the doorstep is Mountjoy Square Park which is open to the public and is an oasis of green in the city centre.
About the apartment:
This apartment has two large double bedrooms available to rent, a large living room, a separate kitchen with a balcony and one shared bathroom. In the bedroom there is a double bed and a single pull out chair bed. We only allow two adults in the rooms because of pressure on the bathroom. There is no charge for children under five years of age. There will be a small extra fee for cleaning if pets come to stay.
We also have a travel cot and high chair if you want to book them.
For groups larger than 2 we can offer a special rate on renting both rooms.
We have a number of great facilities for you to use and enjoy while you stay.
- Free Wifi
- International adapter
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Cooking utensils, pots, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- Tea, coffee, milk.
Helping you to relax:
- A bath with bubble bath provided.
- TV with cable
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with maps
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
- Limited free on street parking is available.
What are we near?
- Airport - 15 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallace's- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus or Luas ride.
- Clontarf and Sandmount - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
I look forward to your visit!
Please be pleasant and polite. I live on the premises and the house is quiet and people respect each other. So we do not want groups of people who are rowdy, loud or drunk.
Please don't smoke in the apartment. You can smoke on the balcony if you like.
The wifi is limited and they will fine me if we go over the limit and I'll have to take it out of your deposit. So please don't download or stream music or movies or similar large things.
Apart from that, there are no particular rules.
We had a great time at Martin's place. He was very kind and accommodating to our requests. The apartment is in a very beautiful old building, in walking distance to all the main attractions. Our room was large, bright and clean. I warmly recommend it to everyone.
Martin and his friend were very friendly and helpful hosts. They answered every question very patiently .. The room is in a lovely house in a save surrounding. The rooms are like shown at the pictures. I would always recommend this place and host. :-)
great guy, lovely place. good views from the kitchen/eating area and short walk from lots of nice restaurants and the central spire.
Martin was so kind and made us feel welcome right away! Even though we had to walk up steps to get to his flat, the payoff was worth it! The room has a great view and is in perfect walking distance to all of Dublin. He wrote up a great info sheet of the area and made us feel right at home.
I really enjoyed my stay with Martin. His home was cozy and welcoming and I immediately felt welcome. He was so flexible when traveling plans had to be changed last minute and was always happy to answer my questions, no matter how small. The room we stayed in was wonderful, it was comfortable, clean and it really felt like our space for the time that we stayed there. I would definitely recommend Martin as a host!! Thank you for everything! You were great!
Excellent flat, great location, perfect host. Martin had lots of recommendations for local restaurants/bars, let us keep our bags in the flat after checkout until our flight left that evening, and helped us plan our journey back to the airport. Lots of stairs to get to the flat, but worth the climb! Would definitely stay again next time in Dublin.
This host has 130 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Martin
Hi I am Martin
I work in an art gallery and sing in a choir. I enjoys films (a lot) and socialising.
I look forward to meeting new people, welcoming you into the apartment and helping you have a fantastic adventure in Dublin.