Two park-view double rooms are available in this upper floor apartment, on Mountjoy Square in Dublin city centre. This is a top floor apartment (no elevator) which occupies a whole floor in a Georgian House, built in 1795. With amazing front and back views of the wider Dublin city and county all the way to the Wicklow Mountains.
I LIVE IN THE APARTMENT so am available to meet your needs and welcome you to Dublin. This is a safe and gay-friendly space. Families are very welcome, as are family pets.
The apartment is on Mountjoy Square, which dates from the Georgian era between 1780 and 1800. This red-bricked house is one of the few remaining on this side of the city with original features from the first occupants.
This apartment in particular has the best views of the Square and Park. Decorated in a modern style with an artistic flourish to reflect my interest in the arts and culture while enhancing original features such as sash windows. In the hallway to the building examples can be seen of a Georgian stairway, mirroring and chandelier lighting. Just on the doorstep is Mountjoy Square Park which is open to the public and is an oasis of green in the city centre.
About the apartment:
This apartment has two large double bedrooms available to rent, a large living room, a separate kitchen with a balcony and one shared bathroom. Each bedroom has one double bed and a single pull out chair bed. We only allow two people in each room because there is only one bathroom and more than two people per room is too much pressure on the bathroom. There is no charge for children under five years of age. There will be a small extra fee for cleaning if pets come to stay.
We have a travel cot and baby chair if you wish to book them.
For groups larger than 2 we can offer a special rate on renting both rooms.
We have a number of great facilities for you to use and enjoy while you stay.
- Free Wifi
- International adapter
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Cooking utensils, pots, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- Tea, coffee, milk.
Helping you to relax:
- A bath with bubble bath provided.
- TV with cable
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with map
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
- Limited free on street parking 5 mins walk away
What are we near?
- Airport - 15 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallace's- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus or Luas ride.
- Clontarf and Sandmount - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
I look forward to your visit!
Please be pleasant and polite. I live on the premises and the house is quiet and people respect each other. So we do not want groups of people who are rowdy, loud or drunk.
No smoking in the apartment but you can smoke on the balcony if you want to.
There is a limit on our free wi fi so please do not stream or download movies or music or other large amounts of data. If the internet provider fines me, I'll have to take the cost off your deposit.
Apart from that, there are no particular rules and we hope you enjoy your stay.
We had a very pleasant weekend at Martin's appartment. Centrally located, quiet and clean. Martin was not there to hand over the keys but he sent has friend Kev. He is very flexible concerning these things which made things easy. Please note: Bathroom is shared in this appartment and besides Martin's room there is a second room that is rented out, too.
Super séjour chez Martin, l'appartement est charmant et très bien situé, quartier calme et agréable, possibilité de se rendre en centre ville à pied sans problème. Martin reste discret et on se sent vite très à l'aise! Chambre propre et fonctionnelle, super séjour!
The flat is ideally located and well furnished/equipped. Martin popped in and was very friendly. He gave us useful information as to things to see in Dublin. Would highly recommend.
Martin was a wonderful host and made sure that our stay in Dublin was hassle free and enjoyable. The room was perfect for our short stay in Dublin and the apartment had everything we needed for the weekend.
Very close to city center! A good place to stay when visiting Dublin! Thank you Martin!
Nous avons reçu un très bon accueil malgré nos 5 heures de retard problème d'avion!!. Logement hyper bien situé pour se déplacer à (website hidden) Géorgienne avec une très belle entrée, des fenêtres à baïonnette, digne d'un Hercule Poirot!!!!
Logement très calme et reposant.Le linge de lit a était changé, le ménage fait pendant notre séjour de 10 nuits ce qui est très appréciable.Notre hôte discret ainsi que les colocs.
Adresse que nous gardons car nous espérons revenir dans ce pays agréable.
This host has 84 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi I am Martin
I work in an art gallery and sing in a choir. I enjoys films (a lot) and socialising.
I look forward to meeting new people, welcoming you into the apartment and helping you have a fantastic adventure in Dublin.