About this listing
La Cala de Mijas is a beautiful, historic town in Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol in southern Spain. Our holiday rental home is just a short walk to the beach, restaurants, pubs, stores, and golf. Enjoy the 2 saltwater pools, or relax in your private Spa.
Spacious, modern, 3 bedroom apartment in historic La Cala de Mijas, with sea and mountain views, sunny southern exposure and ample terrace in tranquil, landscaped, gated community.
This apartment is located in a gated community, surrounded by 28,000 square meters of subtropical gardens, with swimming pool areas and lighted walkways for your enchanting evening strolls. While the beach, shops, restaurants and bars are just a short 5 to 10 minute walk away, you will still enjoy a tranquil and quiet apartment, with absolutely no street noise.
La Cala de Mijas, located in the heart of Costa del Sol, has something for everyone. Whether you are on a family vacation with toddlers, on a golf holiday with friends, or simply enjoy being able to walk to romantic restaurants, retail stores, bars, grocery stores, playgrounds, historical landmarks, or the beaches, this is the town for you! “La Cala” has the perfect mix of restaurants from around the world, as well as local tapas, and the international clientele to go with it.
La Cala is well connected to nearby towns and cities, - just 10 minutes from Fuengirola and Marbella, and 20 minutes from Malaga and its international airport. Public transportation is available from the airport to within 3 minutes walking distance from the apartment.
For your convenience you have access to an underground parking space, as well street-level parking. Other extras, available to you free of charge, include: high speed DSL Internet, a fixed safe for your passports and valuables, baby and toddler friendly features (see below), pool and beach toys for the kids, as well as a pair of bicycles for your exploration of this magnificent coastal region.
The air conditioned (both heating and cooling) apartment is furnished to be your second home, and not just another rental, with all the features you would expect to find in your neighbor’s house. The air conditioned (both heating and cooling) apartment is furnished to be your second home, and not just another rental, with all the features you would expect to find in your neighbor’s house. The first room on your right is the fully stocked kitchen, for those of us who love cooking. All appliances are brand new, and include a dishwasher, as well as a washer and dryer. A small kitchen bar offers a place to hang out for a drink while the food is cooking. Straight ahead leads to the dining and living room. The living room has everything you need to entertain your friends and family, with a 42” TV, sound system, Playstation 3 with a Bluray and DVD player, SKY Satellite receiver, movies, board games, cards, books, and a sofa-bed that can comfortably sleep two. On your left is a bedroom with two queen beds (a regular one, and a bunk bed above that is queen size. Next to it is a bathroom with a marble shower with views of the garden. Ahead to your left is the master bedroom, with its own closets, and an in suite master bathroom, enjoying a double marble sink, and a candle-lined tub, for your moments of complete relaxation. Accessed from either the master bedroom or the living room is the terrace / balcony. A portion of the terrace is enclosed with fold-away glass walls, and houses the large outdoor dining table for 8, as well as the optional 3rd bedroom (sofa-bed for 2 with glass and heavy curtain walls), which can also be enjoyed as a day-room away from the direct daytime sun. The terrace also features a private spa / hot tube / Jacuzzi, from where you can enjoy a bottle of wine, while watching the last of the sun’s rays fade. The terrace has views of both the sea and the mountains.
In the interest of making the holiday as relaxing and enjoyable as possible for those traveling with babies and toddlers, we have gone the extra mile for you, by providing the items you need the most, and which can be such a chore to transport. These items include: extra bibs, sterilizers, a cot, folding high chair, child-proof plugs, a folding baby bath, baby monitors, push chair / stroller, and a universal insect net to protect your sensitive little ones.
There are so many facilities in the local area that you will never run out of things to do, with or without a car. La Cala de Mijas still has that small town charm and feel, yet the sophistication and amenities of a modern city. Every Wednesday and Saturday you can walk to the local market, where you can purchase anything from fresh produce, to clothing, jewelry, and everything in between. There are Irish Bars, English Bars and Spanish Bars, all within a few blocks of each other. You will find restaurants and retail stores up and down the narrow, cobble stone streets. A 10 minute walk will take you to an amazing beach, with miles of the Costa del Sol’s finest sand. A pirate ship playground is located along the beach walk promenade, and it is a big hit with the kids, when they need a break from the ocean. Two modern grocery stores are within easy walking distance of home. Take either public transportation or a car for a 10 minute drive to the enormous local shopping mall (Parque Miramar), with over 160 shops (including the likes of H&M, Zara, and Blanco) and a multiplex theater with 12 cinema screens.
La Cala de Mijas was once home to the Moors, and you can still tour the many castles, walls and towers that are left behind as a part of Spain’s rich and vibrant heritage. The apartment is situated in the Golf Valley, with 9 excellent courses, including The famous La Cala Golf, Mijas Golf, Mira Flores Golf, La Siesta Golf, La Noria Golf, Santana Golf, Calanova Golf, and El Chapatral Club de Golf. For those who enjoy horse racing, do not miss a wonderful and exciting day at the Hipodromo Costa del Sol, just a 5 minute drive away.
With so much to see, and so much to do, combined with a modern, centrally located apartment, we hope you will come visit, and join those of us who have fallen in love with Cala de Mijas, our home away from home.
Luxuries: Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed Property, Sea view
General: Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Pool / Snooker table, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available
Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer
Utilities: Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine
Rooms: 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite
Furniture: Sofabeds (2), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8, Sleeps maximum of 8
Other: Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels.
Outdoors: Balcony / Terrace, Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available
Access: Secure parking
Further details indoors:
The air conditioned (both heating and cooling) apartment is furnished to be your second home, and not just another rental, with all the features you would expect to find in your neighbor’s house. The first room on your right is the fully stocked kitchen, for those of us who love cooking. All appliances are brand new, and include a dishwasher, as well as a washer and dryer. A small kitchen bar offers a place to hang out for a drink while the food is cooking. Straight ahead leads to the dining and living room. The living room has everything you need to entertain your friends and family, with a 42” TV, sound system, Playstation 3 with a Bluray and DVD player, SKY Satellite receiver, movies, board games, cards, books, and a sofa-bed that can comfortably sleep two. On your left is a bedroom with a garden view window, closet, two twin beds, and a twin bed doubler, if you choose to put the two beds together to form a king. Next to it is a bathroom with a marble shower with views of the garden. Ahead to your left is the master bedroom, with its own walk-in closets, and an in suite master bathroom, enjoying a double marble sink, and a candle-lined tub, for your moments of complete relaxation. Accessed from either the master bedroom or the living room is the over-sized terrace / balcony. A portion of the terrace is enclosed with fold-away glass walls, and houses the large outdoor dining table for 8, as well as the optional 3rd bedroom (sofa-bed for 2 with glass and heavy curtain walls), which can also be enjoyed as a day-room away from the direct daytime sun. The terrace also features a private spa / hot tube / Jacuzzi, from where you can enjoy a bottle of wine, while watching the last of the sun’s rays fade. The terrace has views of both the sea and the mountains.
Further details outdoors:
The apartment is located on the 1st floor, above the garden apartment, or what is referred to as the 2nd floor in Northern Europe and the US. The 73 square meter balcony/terrace has a large section enclosed with a glass wall, that can easily be slid to one side, to open the entire area up to the sun. For the winter evenings, the glass can be put in place, and the terrace be fully enjoyed, with Infra Red heaters, if necessary.
The private Jacuzzi is located on the terrace, out of view from the rest of the units, for a more private experience.
You will have access to the entire apartment, the two saltwater swimming pools, your own parking spot in the secure garage, as well as our storage room in the garage area.
Interaction with Guests
We do most of our interaction via email and phone. When you actually get to the apartment you will meet with our onsite manager, Sally, who is awesome. She gives you the keys, garage opener and explains how hows like the TV and Jacuzzi work, as well as giving you recommendations for place to see and restaurants to eat at.
I love that it is so easy to get around from our holiday rental home in La Cala de Mijas. You can walk 200 meters down the street to the grocery store, the local bar, a nice cafe and many restaurants. The town has kept its Spanish charm, with authentic restaurants, old world architecture, watch towers and more. The beach is also amazing, and just 8 minutes walk away. On the way there, stop by the local bakery and pick up some food for the day.
You can get to and from the apartment very easily by public transportation. Malaga airport is just 20 minutes away by car, taxi or transfer (English for pickup shuttle service). It takes about an hour do take the same trip by public transportation. The train station is right at the airport, so no walking around trying to find the right place. We've even made a guide for our guests so you can feel 100% confident in navigating your way around without a GPS or a native. However, I do recommend the GPS for traveling inland, as street signs seem to be a luxury not always awarded the smaller streets in town.
Other Things to Note
The Jacuzzi is an amazing place to spend the end of an evening. Whether the outside is hot or cold, the Jacuzzi massage always feels relaxing.
No smoking. You are required to have a good time!
• When entering or leaving, please ensure that doors to your block, the garage and gates to the street are correctly closed for the security of the Community and its owners and tenants. (this is also mandatory with respect to fire regulations)
• It is not permitted at any time of night or day to have music systems, televisions, radios etc. at high volume. Also it is not permitted, between the hours of 23.00 p.m. and 10.00 a.m. and 14.00 p.m. and 17.00 p.m. to indulge in any activities that produce noise and nuisance to other neighbours, (parties on terraces, shouting, slamming of internal and apartment doors etc.) to ensure respect of the above rest times.
• Owners of pets must act in a responsible manner and abide by the following rules:-
• Animals must be on a lead.
• Under no circumstances may they be loose in public areas.
• Owners are obliged to remove their pet excrement and place in bins
• Animals that live in an apartment should never cause annoyance to neighbours
• It is not permitted to pass through areas not intended for public access
• Children’s games should only be played in areas designated for this purpose
• Damage caused in the Community by owners, their children, friends or tenants will be the responsibility of the owner
• The pool areas will be open from 10.00 a.m. until 22.00 p.m.
• When accessing and returning from the pools to communal areas (hallways, corridors, lifts etc.) the correct footwear must be worn - it is totally forbidden to enter these areas with wet feet and without the correct footwear - failure to do so causes dirt and potential serious accidents -marble floors are extremely dangerous when wet
• Absolutely no glass or bottles are permitted at the pool areas
• Please do not damage the grass around the pool areas with umbrellas or other sharp objects - umbrellas are provided
• It is mandatory to shower before using the pool - please ensure the shower is turned off
• Correct swimwear should be worn in the pool including babies who should have suitable nappies for bathing
• It is strictly forbidden to swim in the pool in normal clothing, with the exception of t-shirts for the protection of childrens’ skin from the sun
• Children may not remain in the pool areas unaccompanied by an adult
• Do not leave personal items in or around the pool areas as the grass watering system may be affected.
• Please abide by the rules on the noticeboards at the pool areas - these are to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment
• Inhabitants of the first floor and upwards should take care when cleaning their terraces and ensure that no water falls onto the terraces of neighbours below
• It is strictly forbidden to hang washing, carpets and towels over the railings of terraces and gardens
• It is not permitted to place objects or signs on the facades which create a change to the architectural aspect of the building
• Walkways and communal areas must be totally unobstructed at all times
• Cigarette butts and other rubbish must not be discarded either on the grass or internal walkways. Please use the correct ash trays and bins
• It is not permitted to leave rubbish bags in communal areas
• Toldos awnings are permitted, but only in the specified material. No toldos frameworks will be allowed if they detract or in any way affect the existing architecture of the development
• Glass curtains are permitted to enclose the covered areas of terraces. Where possible they should be sited behind existing pillars or facades, and certainly no further forward than the middle of pillars - In case of doubt, please take advice from the President of the Community
• No structural changes should be made to any terrace area without the consent of the Community
• Do not park vehicles in garage spaces that you do not own
• It is not permitted to park motorcycles, bicycles etc. within the entrance hall or other walkways
• Owners who rent their apartments are required to report in writing these rules as an annex to the lease agreement, pledging compliance and this should be signed by the tenant and sent to the Administrators
• In matters not covered under these rules, the Horizontal Property Law and other relevant laws will apply. Each owner will be obliged to inform the Administrator who the tenant is, if not this will incur loss of the right to use the communal areas.
a) The first offence to the rules of the Community will lead to an initial simple reprimand
b) The second failure will be a second caution with the private warning that may result in the loss of the use of services or common elements within a given timescale
c) The third failure will result in the loss of the use of services or common elements without prejudice that the matter could be taken to a General Meeting and regardless of repairing economic damage and the actions relevant to Article 19 of the Horizontal Property Law
These Community Rules are in place to ensure respect between owners and tenants with
regard to cleanliness and good order in what is an extremely pleasant development.
Owners who rent their apartments are asked to display a set of these rules within their
apartment and ensure that tenants and holidaymakers read and understand the
Community’s objectives. In this way we can achieve these aims and ensure that everyone
enjoys our Community.
From Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017 the minimum stay is 7 nights.