Free unlimited WIFI.
Private entrance, courtyard & verandah.
Complimentary coffee/tea, fruit & breakfast basket.
Kitchenette, utensils, fridge, single hob cooker, microwave, electric kettle & toaster.
8 mins to Cenang beach by car.
Max 3 adults.
TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI
HOUSE RULES & ETIQUETTE
1. Please take off your shoes before entering your room. Note that it is customary to leave shoes outside before entering a home in Malaysia especially in Muslim homes because the floor area is used for prayer and floors are kept clean at all times.
2. Please assist us in conserving energy by switching OFF all lights, water-heater & fans before leaving your room.
3. Please DO NOT smoke in the bedroom or toilet.
4. DO NOT throw anything other than toilet tissue down the toilet bowl as this will result in blockages.
5. Please be informed that we do not have daily house-keeping. Towels & sheets will be changed upon request.
6. Please throw all rubbish into the black bin provided on the veranda.
7. We recycle ALUMINIUM cans, kindly throw all aluminium cans in the black bin near the gate.
8. Kindly observe the sensitivities of kampong (village) life & its’ people by not sun-bathing in the open, walk, jog, cycle in a bikini top, throw beer cans or bottles in your immediate surroundings or be loud & boisterous till the early hours of the morning.
9. Our doors at the RUMAH IBU or Main House are open from 10am-7pm. Should you require information, help or assistance you can always find me at the Rumah Ibu or on the grounds.
10. As this is our private home and we live on site, we have a policy of no visitors or guests of guests on the premises or in the rooms without prior permission from us (the owners).
11. Please keep the main gate to the compound closed at all times. This is to keep the cows, water buffaloes & stray dogs out of our compound.
12. Please try to keep the noise level down when returning late at night in respect to other guests on the compound who might be sleeping or resting. Because we live surrounded by padi fields which can be very quiet at night apart from the sound of nature, human noise (eg. music, loud talking) tend to be amplified.
13. Upon CHECKING OUT, please return your room key to us. We charge RM20 for loss of room key.
14. Please LOCK your door before leaving your room. We are not responsible for the safety of your personal belongings. Just as in any home, doors must be locked before leaving.
15. Strictly NO recreational drugs on the premise.
16. Please DO NOT feed the cats. They are only fed twice a day as we would like to keep them as natural hunters to keep our compound clear of critters.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 342 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
LOVE reading, gardening, wildlife, smell & sound of rain, open spaces, coffee, hammocks, wind in my face, travel, food & handmade craft.
I'm quirky, down-to-earth & practical. Quick to laugh with a dry sense of humour.
My husband Ruben the local drug dealer (he's a pharmacist) & I both suffered from burnout living in the city before moving to Langkawi (where we met) & making this our island paradise home. We are both Malaysians (of two different ethnic groups) who grew-up/studied/lived/worked in the UK & US (that's why one speaks with an American accent & the other a Yorkshire accent!). :D
Our 3 children who are now young adults are studying & working away from home.
We live here with our 4 cats, 1 hen & 1 jungle rooster surrounded by paddy fields, swaying coconut trees, water buffaloes & visiting migratory birds with the beach only 10 minutes by bicycle & 5 minutes by car away from our home.
We welcome honest, sincere people who seek a little respite from the stresses of life & would like a taste of living in a quiet village environment surrounded by paddy fields & a beautiful view of the Mat Cincang mountain range which is older than the Everest!
We live onsite and as a host we're available for help & enquiries but will give you plenty of privacy & space for you to relax & enjoy your holiday.
During the high season & certain times of the year, you'll be met & assisted by our Resident Manager, Ms Illa Khalid.
As travellers, we love travel tips from the locals on local sights & experiences! We love to explore or just sit quietly & read a book, drink coffee, soak in the atmosphere of the place we are visiting, are quiet & independent.