About this listing
Deep in the heart of the land of the mayas, this property offers you a rare opportunity to experience life in a mayan village. 50km SE of Merida, Yucatan, in the village of Chunkanan, you will find Sac Nicte (mayan for White Flower), your little corner of paradise. Three typical mayan houses with palapa roofs, rented together as a single unit, are set in private tropical gardens. Ideally suited for up to four guests sleeping in hammocks, two more hammocks can be provided, giving accommodation for up to six guests. There is a large lap pool, whose pure water supply is pumped by windmill from a 14m well. Hammocks, linen, kitchen equipment, daily maid service and 24 hour offsite caretaker are included. The facilities are both luxurious (!) with hot running water in the bathroom, electric light, a cd player, a refrigerator and indoor cooking facilities - and rustic - you sleep mayan-style in hammocks (there are no beds), the bathroom is not en suite, no a/c, and no tv. For the intrepid traveller, this is all part of the adventure! The area is well known for its wonderful birdwatching opportunity, and many different and rare species can be seen from the comfort of your mayan house. The night skies are a star-gazer's delight. Authentic mayan meals cooked on three stones, tasting fresh and smokey, can be delivered to your door. A Mayan Ceremony can be arranged, held by a genuine mayan shaman. You can have your wedding or commitment ceremony, baptism or naming ceremony, spiritual cleansing, attract love and success, or just celebrate your gratitude for the wonderful things in life. Sac Nicte is the ideal location for a beautiful ceremony. The village of Chunkanan is the starting point for visiting the three famous cenotes (sacred underground lakes) by horse-drawn mini-rail truck (also known as the Cenotes of Cuzama). Staying in Sac Nicte you will be able to go early, or late, when the cenotes can be appreciated in their true magnificence in peace and solitude. A special night-time visit to the cenotes can be arranged. Sac Nicte is a perfect base for visiting the archaeological sites of Acanceh and Mayapan, the Lagunas of Yalahau, and many cenotes hidden in the jungle, known only to the locals. There is an excellent restaurant in the village of Chunkan, serving delicious Yucatecan food. The rate quoted below is for up to four guests. For stays longer than two days, the prices are adjusted according to the number of guests.
Rental Agreement to be signed. Passport Number or ID of principal guest required, and the names of all the guests.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party named above may not enter the property
3. Sac Nicté is privately owned. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises .
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. When leaving the property, put all garden furniture inside, and lock all the doors and the entrance gate. Turn off overhead fans.
6. Turn off water heater after use.
7. Only use appliances for their intended purpose.
6. Pets are only permitted with prior approval.
7. Drugs and illegal substances are not permitted
8. Caretaker/maid service. The caretaker and maid shall be permitted daily access to maintain and inspect the property, and to clean.
9. Linen and towels are provided, and shall not be used outside of the property. We suggest you bring your own towels for cenote bathing.
10. Water and Septic tank. The property is on a well and septic system. Although water is plentiful, please be aware of the limited size of the water deposit tank, which has to be refilled by the caretaker. Do not flush any paper or feminine products.
11. Hurricanes: If there is a local authority hurricane warning, we recommend immediate evacuation of the property. We will refund any unused portion of the registered stay, and do not accept responsibility for any accident or injury incurred by the Guest party.