About this listing
Beautiful elegant yet rustic shabby-chic bungalow house wt back deck in Austin's loveliest neighborhood right next to downtown.
A refuge away from the world next to a great park. Walking distance to Whole Foods & amazing restaurants and shops.
Tons of art/design books and gorgeous antiques.
SUPER cozy beds, big kitchen for cooking, big back deck lovely for sitting outside at night wt a glass of wine.
My first guest was the Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky. In the stunning downtown historic neighborhood of Clarksville, at 12th & lamar, walking distance to Whole Foods, great cafes,Town Lake Trail and downtown bars. Tucked away on a quiet dead end street. Most beautiful neighborhood ever.
Beautiful, quaint bungalow home in the lovely historic neighborhood of Clarksville, 4 blocks from Whole Foods World Headquarters. Approx 1 mile from downtown bars and music venues, tucked away on a private dead-end street, next to a small park. Nearby are: Cafe Medici, Jeffrey's, Fresh Plus Grocery, Zocalo Cafe, Wink, Castle Hill Fitness, Black Swan yoga, etc. 1.2 miles from the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail and Zilker Park. 1.2 miles from University of Texas or the Capitol.
1 amazing king bed. 1 queen bed, 2 sofas. 1 bathroom. Lovely private deck in the back, surrounded by bamboo, perfect for sitting outside, enjoying dinner or an evening drink.
Clean towels/linens are provided.
**only 1 TV in bedroom.
This home is a sanctuary, so it's not a party-house, it's elegantly decorated and perfect for mature, responsible adults who need a quiet place to rest and relax.
I also have a great collection of art/design/photography books, and a nice cooking kitchen.
I would love to advise you on great Austin spots and make recommendations for whatever you need during your stay. (food, music, art, outdoors, etc.)
***SXSW HIGHER RATES. ***ACL Pricing also higher rates.
***ACL--Close Walking/Biking Distance to ACL Fest.
Full house, WIFI, one TV but only basic cable. Lovely back deck.
I like to have a good amount of interaction wt my guests, being very available if they have extra needs or questions.
Very quaint, charming, most centrally located in austin, very walkable wt great cafes, restaurants, stores, close to the Town Lake Trail, close to EVERYTHING.
Buses pick up nearby, Car 2 Go, Uber, bicycles.
The address listed is NOT the correct address, for privacy reasons. PLEASE make sure you get the correct address from me.
Interaction with guests
I am ALWAYS avail for any help or questions.
Clarksville/Old West Austin is one of the top 2 most desirable neighborhoods in austin, walking distance to great restaurants, cafe's, Whole Foods World Headquarters, 1 mile from the Town Lake Hike n Bike trail etc etc.
Parking available on the street outside house. Bus system, Uber, bike rentals. Recommend renting a car.
Other things to note
This is NOT a TV house. There is one TV in the bedroom set up wt DVD player.
1) It's imperative that we maintain communication during your stay. If I am not in town and there to greet you, I must receive correspondence from you on the Airbnb site that you are safely inside my home & that all is well. OR that you have any questions or concerns up front.
Airbnb is not a hotel, and you are staying in my personal home, so for peace of mind for both you and me, this is mandatory. If you are looking to completely "unplug" from all correspondence, this is probably not the best match.
2) I am looking for clean, respectful, mature, responsible adults. No smoking inside. No parties. If you want to invite any guests over, please notify me first.
3) I have central AC/HEAT, but please turn it off when you are away from the house.
4) Please lock all doors and windows when you are not at the house.
In trying to be more eco-conscious, you can try to conserve water by not using fresh towels every day, unless absolutely necessary.
5) if you have any big bicycles or other equipment that you would like to store, please inform me before bringing these things into the house. I can help you figure out best possible place to store.
6) No candles or incense or lighting of anything burning inside the house.
7) If smoking on back porch, please dispose of lit cigarettes in ashtrays, make sure they are not left burning.
8) If you have any questions, emergencies or concerns, you will let me know asap, so that I can address them.
9) I have a TV but only for watching movies wt DVD's. It's not a TV house. Plenty of WIFI though.
10) By confirming a reservation wt me, you are agreeing to all of the above rules. If you break any of these rules during your stay, Airbnb allows me to cancel your reservation, wt no refund to you, and you will have to vacate the house.
Artist. Animal lover. Earth lover. People lover. Mature, Respectful GUEST! Have traveled all over the world and have loved hosting many interesting people in my home, including the CEO of Airbnb! Producing and Directing a documentary series about women involved in wild ethical game hunting, taking food from field to table. Love film, cooking, food, music, fashion, social activism, books, the great outdoors. "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller