About this listing
Close to the T with two porches and free breakfast, beer and bicycles. Fairly flexible check-in and check-out. Only need space for two? Check out our other listing.
Welcome to the best neighborhood in Boston.
We only rent out our entire apartment when we are away for vacation. Check our calendar first to see if your dates are available. Just two of you? Check out our other listing!
What's awesome about our place?
- Breakfast is included. Eggs? Yogurt? Cereal? Yes! Whatever you'd like.
- Free beer. Yeah, that's right. Help yourself to a complimentary homebrew in the fridge.
- Borrow our bikes! Bike rental is expensive in Boston, but our spare bikes are free. There's no better way to get around the city. We live right off a separated bike path that takes you all the way downtown. (There's usually at least two up for grabs and sometimes 4!)
- Flexible check-in and check-out time. Arrive as early as you'd like, leave when you want within reason.
- Our neighborhood ROCKS and we are right in the middle of it. Green space galore, the best restaurant in Boston, fantastic bars, thrift shopping mania, the Sam Adams Brewery.
- We LOVE Boston and we know it well. Want to know the best bars? Where the food trucks are? The secret best view of the city? Concerts and festivals? We're in the know and happy to help you plan what to do while here. Your room will be stacked with maps and guide books.
Free on street parking anywhere on the weekends, two blocks away on weekdays. But really, Boston is better without your car. We've got 4 bikes available for the borrowing.
Make yourself at home and use the kitchen and living rooms.
Other good stuff to know: Multiple fans, but only one air conditioner unit. We provide towels, shampoos and soaps. Wi-fi and television to plug your laptop into, but no cable. $1 a load laundry in the basement.
Also, as a bonus, we're somewhat of experts in free and cheap events going on in Boston. Need something? Just ask!
Entire apartment, laundry in basement, two porches.
Interaction with Guests
We only host when we're traveling, so you are encouraged to ask lots of questions and requests for advice and tips before your trip. During your stay you'll have a local contact in case of an emergency.
We're RIGHT OFF the main street of Jamaica Plain and 3 BLOCKS FROM THE train. JP is full of hip progressives and there's plenty of really great geared-towards-locals bars, restaurants and shops.
You'll be staying a 1 minute walk from all the action in JP. We're super close to the city center too (about 25 minutes), but out here you're surrounded by green space, a neighborhood-vibe, friendly folks and free parking.
Want to see the rest of Boston? We're a 5 minute walk from the nearest train stop. (We'll have a "charlie card" for you.) From there it's about 20 minutes to downtown on the T. Getting to Harvard Square is easy too. About a 30 minute drive or bike ride or a 45 minute T ride.
Other Things to Note
If you like bicycles and beer - this is your place!
Please treat our home like you would a friends'. Dinner parties are ok - ragers are not. No smoking. No need to make the bed when you leave - that's our job!