In a Douar (small village) 10 km from the center of Marrakech, our house is a little corner of paradise.
We have a colorful garden with a pool and have a few animals. (Dogs, parrots, hens and roosters, turtles, including a very very big)
We have 3 bedrooms and 2 living rooms and can accommodate 1 to 6 people depending on the comfort and privacy desired.
I will always be there to welcome you and make you discover Morocco you are looking for!
Some info about the house:
- The house is organized around a covered patio with a central dome.
- The room for rent has a comfortable double bed, 2 bedside tables and a lighted cabinet. At your request we can make available a cot or what it takes to listen to music or watch a movie.
- Another bedroom with bathroom or children's room can be rented out for a fee.
- Small grey washroom in the house, and external bathroom with a view on the garden! (if needed the bathroom in the other room (not to rent) can be used ;) )
- The main salon is modern with a view of the kitchen.
- The winter lounge faces the chimney with a dining table for 8 people. We also have optionnal heaters in all rooms.
- In summer, we really enjoy the garden and the pool, but the air conditioning is essential.
- We have a splendid view from the roof of the house on the sunset of Marrakech!
- We are the environment in mind, but without being too extreme green!
/ We pay attention to our consumption of water, electricity, and no food is ever discarded. All animals of the garden enjoy it.
/ The waste paper is used for ignition of the fireplace.
- Mobile phone available during your stay. Thanks to Nath, our first guest who offered it.
- We have WIFI throughout the house, and have a TV with Satellite channels leading French. This information should not really interests people on holiday in Marrakech, but it seems useful to clarify.
- Non smoking house (exceptions :))
- Next to the house, there is a hammam (steam room), a cozy bar, a swimming pool and beautiful walks to do.
- To explore the city more easily, a car with driver can be made available at your request.
- A taxi can take you or bring you back € 15.
- You can also enjoy my trips to town with me in the car. (20 min drive)
The house is lovely and spacious with lots of energy, great for families. The garden is beautiful with a large swimming pool, lounge and dining area. The chickens, the bird, Tao the dog and Cleopatre the tortoise are a priceless additions to the scenery and overall energy of this lovely home.
Me and my Daughter had a wonderful time staying with Lamia and her family. She made us feel part of their home immediately, her Children are adorable and we all played and ate together during the stay.
Lamia was very accommodating and kind, she was always checking that we had everything we needed and we would catch rides with her into town which was very helpful.
Lamia even invited my friend and her baby over to spend the day with us, to enjoy the pool and the garden.
A must, is to take a 5 min walk to the local bakers oven and pick up some fresh bread, you will be amazed. My Daughter particularly loved it with chocolate spread. Which I also have to thank Lamia for introducing, as soon as we returned home this was her first request!
Anyway, I would highly recommend this property and am planning to visit again soon.
It was a pleasure to be Lamia's guest. She is a welcoming host, her place is tidy, clean and spacious enough to accommodate a small family. She speaks english very well and we enjoyed talking with her about Morocco and the world.
We could use the kitchen to prepare our meels and when I coloured her sink blue she didn't make a fuss :-) - beware of those nice blue shawls they sell you everywhere! ... No worries I cleaned up eventually. ;-)
Our son enjoyed to play with her kids and with the dog. The garden is beautiful and the pool would have been nice if the water had been warmer: spring was late this year, also in Morocco. The turtles were a bit uncommunicative though, as turtles tend to be, I guess.
The village is quiet, the people are friendly and helpful if you don't manage to find your way, which is a bit confusing at first. Write down her address, the number will help. It's definitely more comfortable to have a car, but we managed without one the first days. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the mainroad where you can easily catch a bus (7 drh p.p.) or a taxi (50 drh) into town.
Staying at a riad in the center might have it's perks but the noise there and the lack of privacy in many places (without lockable doors) would have bothered us. Not to mention no playmates and no open space for a child bustling with energy.
We had a great stay with Lamia and would definitely recommend her place, especially if you travel with a child.
We allready stayed here before and because we liked it so much we went again.
It was really nice to stay with Lamia again. We even met her kids this time. They are wonderfull! We made a nice walk with Lamia and her kids the final day we were in Morocco.
Thanks for the lovely experience, Lamia!
Read my other reviews about this nice place and very good host Lamia. Very good and clean place!
We were warmly welcomed by our host Lamia. She came to pick us up at the airport and that was nice because we arrived at night. It costs 20euros.
We had a wonderful stay at her peaceful and quiet place just outside of Marrakech. Our 1 year old girl loved to play in the garden with dog Tao and turtle Cleopatra. Everything was nice and clean. We had a good bedroom and we could fit in the babybed easily.
Her house is between Marrakech(10min) and Ourika(40min) so it's a perfect spot if you dont want to be in the crowd of Marrakech.
Lamia is also a very nice person. She hang out with us a couple of times and that was fun. Because we liked it so much we're are going to with her by the end of our holliday again in 2 weeks.
If it's possible, make sure you're on friday. When you're lucky you can have a taste of a very good couscous, made her mother!
Belle expérience sachant que c'est la première fois que je passe par ce site. Un accueil chaleureux de notre hôte a contribué à rendre ce séjour particulièrement agréable. Je recommande Lamia pour sa gentillesse et sa bonne humeur.