PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR AVAILABILITY YOU CAN CHECK THE CALENDAR THAT IS UPDATED DAILY.
This is a NANO apartment (very small but very cute). Decorated by an arquitect who designed it in a made-to-measure way so that everything fit perfectly,
The windows overlook an internal part of the building so you won't hear any street noise.
The apartment is located in the corner of Praca Nossa Senhora da Paz, in the heart of Ipanema, where the best fashion boutiques, charming restaurants, disco clubs, lounges and design stores are located!
Only two blocks away from the best spot of ipanema beach (posto 9) and 3 blocks away from the lake.
Free Internet WiFi 10 mega available, LCD TV, air conditioning, big mirrors and a huge cabinet. The bed is a futon bed with an amazing mattress from The Futon Company.
The prices listed do not apply during New Year's Eve and Carvaval, in wihch there are special packages for the entire stay; usually 7 to 9 days. Please check it with me.
The monthly rates do not apply during high season (December, January, February)
I do require a copy of passport or ID.
I have recently completed my stay at Brunello's apartment which was a great experience. The apartment is very neat and tidy and offers all amenities except a washing machine (given the space it would not be possible to have one). The apartment is very secure and has a mixture of restaurants and stores in close proximity.
The apartment itself was great for me travelling alone but would easily accomodate a couple who will be out and about a lot as the space would get cramped if you will be spending long periods inside together.
The apartment is about 5-7 minute walk to the beach at posto 9 which tends to get less crowded than the rest of the beach as it is further to walk for most of the locals.
The only critism I can make is that the shower was a funny contraption that operated on 4 temperatures. No matter how much I fiddled with it I couldnt get the shower hotter than luke warm. Given the heat it wasn't too bad but made morning showers a struggle!
I would definitely stay here again and I appreciate your hospitality!
hey jackson, thanks for the nice review. I am really happy that you enjoyed the ipanema spot, and the apartment. As far as the shower it is the first time someone point out something. I will definitely have it checked; however, as you said it was getting warm, I imagine it was working. As communicated to you in a private message, electrical shower can get tricky depending on the flux of water and the program you choose. If you choose "muito quente" (very hot) and do not open the water all the way.... you should not have had problems. If you had sent me a quick email, sms, etc... I would have gone there immediately. thanks again for staying and for the nice review. Hope your trip back was great.
I spent 4 nights in Brunello´s apartment and enjoyed the stay. Although the apartment is really small, it´s exactly like it appears in the airbnb photos and appropriate for 1 or 2 persons. The location is perfect, in the nice neighbourhood of Ipanema, just a few steps from the beach, heath clubs, bakeries, starbucks, markets and General Osorio subway station. Shopping centres, theaters and touristc attractions can be easily accessed by taxi, bus or subway. I will probably stay there again.
Brunello' s place is nicely designed and it is tiny. Perfect for couples. The area of Ipanema is amazing. It is really a great spot. The communication with Brunello was great. We loved Rio!
I really enjoyed the apartment of Brunello. Is very well located close to all amenities in Ipanema and only 10 min. walk from the beach. The apartment is not very big, but the twin bed is confortable and the air conditioning did my stay much more enjoyable :) Brunello was very responsive previous to and during my stay and was really kind giving me tips for my stay.
We lived 4 days in this nano apartment. We liked described location. But the apartment studio is VERY small 10 meters so is called NANO
it is ideal for one.
- on the 1th floor
- very big audibility in the room - it is audible as people behind walls go and talk
-in the room one window which comes for pass between houses and a view of a wall of the neighboring house
-have not the washing machine
-check out is strict 12:00 with your baggage, there is no opportunity to leave baggage for a couple of hours
-cleaning +50 dollars
Brunello wasn't friendly and isn't hospitable.
Igor, I am surprised on the point of your review.
- size of the apt: it is very clear on the airbnb certified picture, name (the apt is called NANO) and description that the apt is small. For that reason the price is a copacabana price instead of ipanema. it is a matter of choice. Some people prefer staying in a smaller place in the best spot in rio than in a bigger in unsafe copacabana. I have another apt on the side of the nano that is much bigger, you might have rented the bigger one at a different fare. Saying that, I just noticed that you even got a 40% discounted fare compared to the normal!!!!! Not even in LAPA you find at the price you paid.
- washing machine: as per the description on airbnb the apt does not have a washing machine. You had asked me about it before booking and I had told you there was not, but that within couple of blocks there is plenty of very inexpensive laundry mat, I do not understand why you put as a negative if you knew before the booking. Again, you might have chosen my MODERN LOFT
- noise: I have 50 reviews on this apt, and 80 reviews on the other apt on the side of it, and none has commented about the noise. Not sure what happened, but maybe during the 2 nights you stayed in the apt something unusual happened. I will ask the door man to see what was the problem, and post a reclamation with the administration of the building. You should have told me about it, and surely I would have solved it.
- the window in the room is the one in the picture, which is pretty big for the size of the apt.
- check in - check out...... I personally, think this commentary is very unfair. You contacted me in the evening for a same day reservation checking in at 3:00 am.........I mean 3 AM!!!! I had to rush a cleaning person to clean, and I made possible a check in in the middle of the night. As I send to all my guest upon reservation and it is also clearly stated in the airbnb confirmation e-mail, check out is 12:00 just if I have another guest entering that day. If I do not have a guest you can do check out at whatever time is more convenient. Said that, I offer the possibility to leave the luggages in the apt until 15:00 while the cleaning lady cleans. This is clear in the confirmation e-mail. I cannot do anything if you did not read it. That day I had a guest arriving early in the morning, that left the luggages at 12:00 and entered at 15:00. You could have left the luggages as well while the apt was being cleaned. You should have asked me.
- cleaning: I provide two sets of bathroom and shower towels, clean sheets, etc.... I do not gain nothing over the cleaning, that is what I pay for the cleaning lady and laundry-mat.
You know Igor, the good of airbnb is that picture are certified, you get commentaries, and you can compare locations and prices on an easy way. That is why both my NANO APT and my MODERN LOFT are fully booked the entire year. I feel sorry that you did not feel I was hospitable, but more than I did for you and do for my guests, I really cannot do. And seeing the price you have paid (that is lower than any hostel with shared room) make me confused about your thinking.
I was originally booked for Brunellos NANO apartment, but Brunello had the kindness of upgrading me to the Loft apartment for my first four days since it wasn't booked. Both apartments are perfectly located with all necessary amenities. It is in the heart of Ipanema just minutes walking distance to the best spot at the Ipanema beach, great nightlife but at the same time quit since it is on one of the side streets to the main street. I would greatly recommend both the apartment as well as Brunello as a great host.
Contact with Brunello went very easy, with quick responses. The apartment was small but decent and clean. The location was fantastic, close to the beach, shops and restaurants. Rio is a great city and Ipanema was the best neighborhood to stay in!
My partner and I just finished a five day stay in Rio where we stayed at Brunello's place. We enjoyed our stay in Rio due in no small part to the great hospitality of Brunello and Rita. When communicating with Brunello he was so quick to respond to me in the States that it almost felt as if we were in the same city. The apartment, while exactly as advertised (small), was ideal for the two of us. It was clean, had all the necessities of a comfortable stay (good warm shower, refrigerator, tv, WiFi, comfortable bed (futon)) and was superbly located in the TO BE SEEN neighborhood of Rio, Ipanema. Security was NEVER an issue mainly because the building is monitored by camera, and requires entering both the door facing the sidewalk and the building door before even getting inside. Rio is a tropical place, so as expected the humidity in the room sometimes prevented our bath towels from fully drying. By mid stay our towels smelled a little funky, I reported it to Brunello, and that same day he replaced all of our linen and towels. Wonderful! Brunello was also helpful in recommending places to eat and visit. Thank you, Brunello. We hope to return again soon.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.