About this listing
Enjoy the keyless convenience of a cozy, safe & private room that provides for an affordable escape.
Located Near 35th & Spring Garden Street- 1.7 miles from 30th Street Station -Free Parking -Public Transportation - Campus Security -
Please Review Listings Details.
I may not be home during your arrival, or able to answer your calls. This listing plus the message you will receive will explain everything you will need to know.
Window allows for day light to enter the room. Pull the black out curtin shut for privacy, noise reduction and to block out all outside light.
The house is located a couple blocks north of 35th and Spring Garden Street. 1.6 Miles to The University Of Pennsylvania (a 15-20 minute walk.)
While this is not a luxury estate, it is the perfect home for those who are simply looking for a nice, cozy place to stay for an affordable price.
The house is a row home with a full size kitchen, living room, bathroom and guest room available for you to use.
I live in this house year round and host each night. Adrian and I have been together for over 3 years, and while he does not live here, he is a host as well.
Airbnb is a high priority to us, so we take this very seriously. Our house is set up to accommodate each guest, while providing each reservation the privacy that they need.
The guest room has a full size memory foam bed, with clean bedding, a TV (television) with Netflix and Amazon Prime, a closet, a dresser. There is a door lock with key access, and a seasonal fan. This room fits two guests, while the living room can fit four.
The bathroom holds all basic amenities, including fresh towels, filtered shower water, shampoo, soap, and travel needs. You will need to squeegee the bathtub walls after showering, and leave the bathroom door open after using this room to help with air circulation.
The kitchen is available for your use. This tends to be my storage space, but you are free to move anything around that you need to. I just ask that you put all food and plates away (in cabinets or refrigerator) after use.
The living room is not only used for leisure, but it provides space for additional guests. The couch is an Ikea Beddinge Futon that fits two guests. There is also a full size airbed for reservations over four (4). Bedding is provided for each guest, but feel free to bring any items you may need.
Interaction with Guests
I host every night of the year so I are very use to and comfortable with having guests. I will do my best to make sure you have everything you need for a cozy environment.
There is a chance I will not be there for your arrival. You must read and respond to the message I will send you when your reservation dates are near. Check in is an independent process, and this house requires a little bit more fenis (removing shoes at door, wiping shower walls, turning off lights.) This message will explain everything you will need to know without needed to ask.
Free parking in front of the house.
The house is located in University City, one block north of Powelton Village. Drexel and Penn University Security Guards monitor the neighborhood at all times. For security reasons and by Airbnb regulations, I am not able to give you the exact address before you book your stay.
There is a 'Check-Point' In front of the house, on the side where cars are park that is monitored by campus police. They must check in every 30 minutes on rotating times to confirm safe activity in the neighborhood. There is a Fire Department across the street, and a Police station three blocks away. I have never had a problem in this area, nor have my previous guests.
Campus security ends one block north of mount vernon street and west of past 35th and mount vernon street. I suggest staying south of Mount Vernon and off of 35th to 40th and mount vernon street.
Transportation to and from the house is very simple and manageable. The house is located near University City, west of the Schuylkill River.
- It is a 20-minute car ride from the Philadelphia International Air Port (a $32 taxi ride), 6-minutes from 30th St Station for Amtrak, Mega/Bolt Bus, Trains ($8 Taxi Ride from Amtrak Station) and 15-minutes from Center City ($14 Taxi Ride.) The area is surrounded by public transportation (SEPTA) and plenty of free parking in front of the house. SEPTA rides are $2.25 each way.
Other Things to Note
No price negotiations.
- Check in and check out are an key-less independent process that requires a temporary lock code that will be sent to you prior to your stay.
-You MUST be verified with an accurate profile picture in order to stay at the house. Anyone without a picture (regardless of reservation) will not be allowed to enter the house. This is an airbnb policy.
- Check in is anytime after 3 p.m., check out is before 11 a.m. Come and Go as you please. No need to ask.
- Children at any age count as a guest.
- No third party booking. (You will be reported and removed from Airbnb)
- There are no discounts, negations, or refunds available.
- For additional guests, you may have to set up the futon and/or airbed. Directions and bed sheets will be provided in the living room for your use.
Security Deposit charges
These charges are due to past experiences. Please review.
- There is a $35 charge if the door is left unlocked or if you check in/out early/late
- $45 charge if you damage the door frame,
- $75 charge if the lock is unlocked and the door is left open
- A full security deposit charge if you damage the locks or if the door is left wide open.
Leaving lights on: $5 per light (...P.E.C.O. is the worst. )
Unattended running water: $5 per hour gone unnoticed
- Please remove your shoes at the front door and place inside the shoe bin.
- Always be sure to fully shut and lock the front door using both locks.
- Turn off all lights as you exit a room.
- Leave the bathroom door open after using the room,
- Squeegee the bathroom walls after showering to help with humidity.
- Turn off Air Conditioner Unit during rain storms.
- Return living room bed/futon to couch position after use.
Ambiance lighting and calming/stress relaxing essential oil fragrances are added to help you relax during your stay.