About this listing
Guests receive 2 spacious rooms, comfortable queen size beds, own private bathroom, free parking, 2 free aquarium passes (worth $80, Priority is given to guests who book 2 nights and more. first come and first served). Stay in safe and quiet home.
Built in 2012, this brand new house is a two-storied building (3150 sq. ft) that has all a new and big house has: clean, bright, fresh, spacious and well designed to suit the comfort of modern life. In addition, the house is equipped with water filtering system that makes the water pure, soft and safe.
Please read our details before booking. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Bedrooms and bathroom: you get 2 spacious and super quiet rooms, a clean and comfortable queen size bed and a full size, both with high quality linens, a private bathroom. All towels, shampoo, body wash and toiletry are provided in the bathroom. A cable TV with Dish net work for you to use and WiFi for internet access, a desk and chair.The bedrooms are ideal for families and a group of 4 or more. (Each room is designed to fit two guests. If you have more people who want to share a room, we'll charge a $35/person. or if you would like to book more rooms in the same house, please ask as we have other rooms available to accommodate more people.
2) Breakfast: Please ask us for special homemade breakfast.
3) Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven
4) Free aquarium passes: when you book two nights with us, you will get two free Monterey Aquarium passes, a value of $80!! (First come, first served). You will enter as members without waiting in lines and you will also get 15% discount when you shop in the aquarium. Please contact us for availability.
5) Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
6) Free Parking in front of the house, in our drive way or in the garage when needed.
Interaction with Guests
Holly, a happy person with a lovely personality, is good at cooking and singing. Henry is a professor teaching Chinese at a college at Monterey. We love people and love to make friends with people from all over the world.
We guarantee to provide excellent customized services and make you feel like staying in your own home.
Enjoy your stay with us.
PLEASE BOOK EARLY!
The house is surrounded by mountains and farming lands on the North as well as the East and a big park is right in the front, which adds very heavy serenity and peace. You enjoy both beautiful views and refresh air. The neighborhood is friendly, live and safe.
Our house is only 4 minutes to Monterey Peninsular Exit on I-101 which is the gateway to Monterey. The Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Cannery Row, Fishman’s Wharf, whale watching, Moss Landing, wine tasting in Carmel Valley, hiking, fishing, cycling，kayaking or walk along one of the many beaches are with 15-25 miles.
Our house is located in a convenient place where you find gas is 20c/gallon cheaper than anywhere in California and you find supermarkets, shopping centers and bus stops close by within walking distance. Salinas Transit Center, Steinbeck Center, and railway station are about 4 miles away, which is also accessible by buses. It is an ideal mid place between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Gilroy Outlet Malls are 30 minutes drive on North 101 and Hearst Castle is about 2 hours and half down on South 101. Five miles from the house is Highway 68 whereby you can reach Toro Park (6 miles), Laguna Seca Race Track (14 miles), and Monterey City (20 miles). Hwy 1 and Marina Beach is 13 miles on the West.
Other Things to Note
Gas price at the exit of 101 nearby the house is famously cheap, around 20cents per gallon cheaper than that in Monterey and Mariana.
The weather here is beautiful year round, and usually a few degrees warmer and less foggy than immediately on the coast.
We will do our best to make sure that your stay with us is pleasant and comfortable. Please help us maintain and improve our service quality:
1.We will appreciate it that our guests remove their shoes on all carpeted areas that include living room, bedrooms both upstairs and on the first floor. Please wear sleepers or your shoes on the wood floor areas that include hall way, kitchen and family room.
2.Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven. No food in the bed rooms, please.
3. Please keep your voice and TV volume down after 9:00pm.
4. If you take showers before going to bed, please take it as early as you can. Please be considerate that there are other guests in the house.
5. We do not ask for key deposit. However, if you lose it, we'll have to replace locks of all entrances. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit, or we all ask you to pay for the cost for locks replacement.
6. We have Dish network and most of the programs are free. There are also paid program available. If our guests want to watch paid program, please let us know in advance. The amount charged for watching the program must be paid by the guests.
7. Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
Thank you for your cooperation.
HENRY AND HOLLY WITH A BIG HUG
I have to say that Henry & Holly Tan's house might be the only choice around Montery. The clean bedroom, convenient kitchen and bathroom, free Aquarium accesses, delicious breakfast...everything is better than you can imagine! Just name it! They are most sincere ,welcome& helpful all the time. Believe it or not, I will be back again!
The house is beautiful and clean, the hostess was very welcoming and accommodating on arrival time. We did not stay long but it was a great place to sleep and rest before continuing our journey up the coast.
Although we were arriving very late, Holly was truly nice and helpful with everything. The two rooms are very comfortable, clean and separate, so we never felt disturbing anyone. We had a separate bath and using the kitchen and cooking was possible without problem.
The biggest help was getting free tickets for the Monterey Bay Aquarium from them, which saved our family significant money.
Thanks for hosting us, we really felt very comfortable.
Holly was very welcoming. We stayed out late that evening, but that was not a problem. The house is super clean and so were the rooms.
Great experience with Holly and Henry. Ample space. Very kind people. Worth the extra $5 for a special Chinese-style breakfast one morning. The only downside is that it feels a bit like a hostel. Three other groups were in and out during the time we were there. We weren't really expecting that but I guess that's Air BNB these days.
This host has 258 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Henry & Holly
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a Language Institute in Monterey. I am 54 years old. Married. I am Chinese and I got my PhD in Indiana University. I love, Tai Chi, zen meditation, hiking, and literature. My wife Holly Wu was a professional dancer and singer and now she is a professional house worker who loves cooking and maintaining the house. We both love people who bring with them cultures from all over the places in the world.