In the very heart of of St Germain des Prés, the epicenter of Paris, with the Seine River at your feet: unbeatable location.
A large, cosy, comfy and quiet apartment, for family and left bank lovers: sleep 6 guests in normal beds, and 2 more on airbed.
A peaceful and delicate atmosphere, far from any noise, close to the sky, on the top floor of a high standing building of classy Haussmannian architecture.
Access with elevator/lift, for 2 people at once.
Nice and friendly neighbors, helpful concierge, security codes and intercom.
We welcome our guests as our friends, and make our best efforts to make sure you enjoy your stay with us!
... and come back!
At a reasonable pricing, because we don't want to host only wealthy people, we value other riches too :)
IN BRIEF :
- Unbeatable location
- very well connected to public transport (metro+bike+bus+train)
- lively and arty area (restaurants, shops, galleries, events, cafés, museums)
- 2 bedrooms + 1 living (lounge area + dining area) + dining kitchen + bathroom (bath and shower) + reception toilets
- Sleep up to 6, very comfortable for 4, feasible for 8.
- Wireless High Speed Internet
- Flat screen TV, DVD, hi-fi system
- Fully equipped kitchen with everything to cook, coffee machine, microwave, etc.
- Washing machine for your laundry
- Fresh sheets, linens and towels provided
- List of recos and personal tips
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
It’s unbeatable : On the left bank, facing the Louvre, in the heart of St Germain!
- The major sightseeing spots are all at walking distance (St Michel, Notre Dame, Le Louvre, the Seine river, the Sorbonne, Le Marais).
- The area itself is amazing, a mix of antics dealers and literary cafés. At the bottom of the building, you will find the famous Deux Magots, the Beaux-Arts, Vuitton, piano and jazz bars, and the unique atmosphere of St Germain des Prés. We love it :)
- The building itself is pretty bourgeois and quiet, it hosts art sellers, publishers and cool friendly people.
TOP CONVENIENT PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Bike station and metro stations at 2mn.
- Pont Neuf station on line 7 : direct to Opera, Lafayette Department Store, Gare de l’Est train station, Canal St Martin
- St Germain station on line 4 : direct to train station Gare du Nord (Eurostar to London, Thalys to Brussels and Amsterdam, RER B to CDG and Orly airports), to the Flea market, to Etienne Marcel fashion district.
- Along the Seine, the RER C services directly St Michel, the Invalides (Napoleon’s grave), Musée d’Orsay (impressionists) and the Eiffel Tower.
TOP NEIGHBORHOOD, AMENITIES AND RESTAURANTS AROUND
There are plenty of very good restaurants, cafés, lively bars and theatres at walking distance, as well as all the amenities, with traditional butcher, bakery, cheesemonger, fishmonger, quality grocery store, organic food shop, wine cellar, food markets, supermarket, etc... all this one or two blocks away from the flat.
Well, I cannot write everything here, I am so enthusiastic about the neighborhood!
HOME SWEET HOME
The architecture is typically haussmannian with stucco and wooden floors, the furnitures are a bobo mix of seventies vintage, cosy contemporary design and fine aristocratic Parisian furnitures.
Sofas, ancient oriental rugs and double glazing ensure you relax quietly.
FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
- Ample living room with sofas, dining area, desk and library
- 2 bedrooms (1 with queen size bed, 1 with 2 singles or 1 king)
- one queen size airbed and additional sleepings in the living if needed.
- Complete bathroom with bath and shower
- Separate reception toilets
- A fully equipped kitchen with another dining area: fridge, freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, boiler, stove (gas), toaster, utensils, crystals, plates etc.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- There is a flatscreen TV, cable TV and there is a great video rental across the street, if you feel like staying comfy at home after a long day in the city.
- Hi-fi sound system.
FREE STRONG INTERNET
Wireless high speed Internet (bring your own laptop or your iPhone).
Free and unlimited calls to 150 destinations on landline numbers (USA, CANADA, EUROPE...) but please do not use it for mobile/cellulars.
The kitchen is big and fully equipped with everything to cook, I am a passionate cook myself (I expect you to treat my equipment with much care).
- Dining table
- Micro wave
- Cooker hood and cooktop
- Coffee machine
- Fridge with freezer - Ustensils, plates, cristals, etc.
Safety code, two entrance doors, intercom and armoured door with safety system. The area is very safe anyway. Even at night, and even for females at night.
It is not a flat for tourists, which will make you really feel at home and Parisian, and for which I expect you to treat it, and the neighbors, with great care and discretion, since hosting in Paris is often negatively perceived by the neighbors.
Be discrete with her, she would spread the word in the whole building.
MY PERSONAL GUIDEBOOK
I gladly provide you with a booklet of all my personal recommendations and tips for going out, in the neighborhood as well as in other parts of the city which are worth it, and will help you out with your sightseeing and going-out plans.
- a warm Parisian welcome upon arrival
- Freshly clean sheets and towels upon arrival
- High Speed Internet (Wireless and with cable) for free
- Hotspot Wifi Internet in the street, for free
- Washing Machine for free
- TV with cable channels for free
- Phone calls to landlines to over 150 countries, for free
- your keys for the flat, the building and the lift/elevator
- your digital codes to access the building
- our availability for any matter in which we can help you before/during/after your stay
YOU PROVIDE (by order of priority)
- your smile and enthusiasm
- a clean and respectful behavior
- your openness to cultural diversity (we do kiss at first sight)
- your money
- You can book our cleaning lady during your stay if you like, count approx 40 euros.
- The cleaning fee charged by airbnb covers the laundry and the usual cleaning of the flat, not dishes, garbage and so on.
You are expected to leave the flat as you found it, there is everything to maintain it clean (vaccum cleaner, detergents etc.).
REASONABLE RATES, BASED UPON OCCUPANCY
Prices are calculated automatically by the system, on the basis of the number of guests, the specific dates, and generally integrates as well the laundry & cleaning fee (100€) and Airbnb fee (approx 10%).
When you enter the number of guests and the dates you like, it normally shows you the total cost for your stay, which will differ from the price stated as "from XX Euros" on the front page which does not include the extras.
Airbnb will take an authorization on your credit card (not charged) to be released 48 hours after your departure, if there is no damage of course. Fully refundable and thus not negotiable. It's like an insurance.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HOST YOU SOON!!
I am sure that you'll spend an enjoyable stay in Paris and feel like Parisians. Feel free to contact me if you have any question that could help you prepare your stay !
Give me as well some details about you :)
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$64 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Neighborhood:||Saint-Germain-des-Prés - Odéon|
Location is excellent. Very central and in walking distance to many museums and shopping, a well as restaurants. Just a few blocks to the Buci market and supermarkets. Odille was very gracious and helpful on moving in -Delightful. We were able to drop luggage early in the morning, then head out for the day.
The apartment could use an upgrade in lighting. very low wattage bulbs and some non-functionin lamps made it very dark and hard to read.
Beds are only adequate.
Kitchen reasonably well equipped. could use a better table for meals.
enjoyed the stay overall, but probably would not return to this apartment.
This was the perfect place for our family of 5 to easily get around and see all of Paris. The light filled flat is absolutely charming and the set up of three beds in the second room was just what our 6,9 and 11 year old needed to get a good nights sleep before walking around the great neighborhood. Matt and Odile were so responsive and accommodating to our requests for early check in and late check out. We worried a bit before booking about the 6 flights of stairs but it was no big deal at all and the teeny elevator works perfectly for the three small children- they too loved the place. I cannot imagine a more quintessential Parisian flat with a more ideal location than this quiet charming neighborhood with its tiny streets.
Fantastic location and very old French feel. It was the perfect spot for four of us to stay. Received lots of very useful information from hosts and they made the whole stay very enjoyable. We loved exploring the area and it is right by the Seine so very convenient for sightseeing, river cruise's and hailing cabs. Most sights are a easy walk from apartment. Thank-you very much.
Nice apartment, listed as described!
Great well appointed flat only a stone's throw from the Seine - easy walking access to the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay and Notre Dame. Lively cafe and restaurant scene. Matt was responsive to any minor concerns we had. Overall a great stay and would recommend to others.
A fabulous , spacious, well appointed apartment in a cultured part of Paris. We were able to walk to most of the main tourist attractions and were so close to the Seine. We loved that we had tea and coffee on hand when we arrived and that we could cook, as basic foodstuffs like salt pepper and oil were available. Matt and Odile were always prompt in replying to my enquiries.
This is a great location in Paris.......close to just about everything you would want to do and accomplish while there. Great restaurants nearby if you don't feel like going far, grocery store is close and just overall a great location while in Paris. We had a great time!
Roomy well set up apartment in centre of Paris. Close to metro, restaurants, tourist attractions. Host very friendly and accommodating. Organised taxi for us when we left.
We really enjoyed our stay in Matt's apartment. The best thing about the apartment is the location. It's on the left bank very close to Notre Dame. The apartment has character and we really appreciated Matt having olive oil, salt and pepper etc in the kitchen. The beds were also comfortable. Thanks to Odile for arranging a taxi for us [we were not convinced that our French was good enough to get the taxi to Matt's place at the right time! I would say that the down side is that the apartment is on the sixth floor though there is a small lift that can be used and we found the geyser a bit noisy but after 10 hours of walking we nevertheless slept soundly! It was lovely to meet Odile and Florian and we were most grateful that we could drop our luggage off before 3pm.
The location is ideal--just about one block from the Pont Neuf. The neighborhood had everything we wanted. The apartment was very nice and very quiet. We had a great time.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.