In the very heart of of St Germain des Prés, the epicenter of Paris, with the Seine River at your feet: unbeatable location.
A large, cosy, comfy and quiet apartment, for family and left bank lovers, which sleeps up to 6 guests: 1 queen size, 1 king or 2 singles, 1 queen convertible sofa.
A peaceful and delicate atmosphere, far from any noise, close to the sky, on the top floor of a high standing building of classy Haussmannian architecture.
Access with elevator/lift, for 2 people at once.
Nice and friendly neighbors, helpful concierge, security codes and intercom.
We welcome our guests as our friends, and make our best efforts to make sure you enjoy your stay with us!
... and come back!
At a reasonable pricing, because we don't want to host only wealthy people, we value other riches too :)
IN BRIEF :
- Unbeatable location
- very well connected to public transport (metro+bike+bus+train)
- lively and arty area (restaurants, shops, galleries, events, cafés, museums)
- 2 bedrooms + 1 living (lounge area + dining area) + dining kitchen + bathroom (bath and shower) + reception toilets
- Sleep up to 6.
- Wireless High Speed Internet
- Flat screen TV, DVD, hi-fi system
- Fully equipped kitchen with everything to cook, coffee machine, microwave, etc.
- Washing machine for your laundry
- Fresh sheets, linens and towels provided
- List of recos and personal tips
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
It’s unbeatable : On the left bank, facing the Louvre, in the heart of St Germain!
- The major sightseeing spots are all at walking distance (St Michel, Notre Dame, Le Louvre, the Seine river, the Sorbonne, Le Marais).
- The area itself is amazing, a mix of antics dealers and literary cafés. At the bottom of the building, you will find the famous Deux Magots, the Beaux-Arts, Vuitton, piano and jazz bars, and the unique atmosphere of St Germain des Prés. We love it :)
- The building itself is pretty bourgeois and quiet, it hosts art sellers, publishers and cool friendly people.
TOP CONVENIENT PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Bike station and metro stations at 2mn.
- Pont Neuf station on line 7 : direct to Opera, Lafayette Department Store, Gare de l’Est train station, Canal St Martin
- St Germain station on line 4 : direct to train station Gare du Nord (Eurostar to London, Thalys to Brussels and Amsterdam, RER B to CDG and Orly airports), to the Flea market, to Etienne Marcel fashion district.
- Along the Seine, the RER C services directly St Michel, the Invalides (Napoleon’s grave), Musée d’Orsay (impressionists) and the Eiffel Tower.
TOP NEIGHBORHOOD, AMENITIES AND RESTAURANTS AROUND
There are plenty of very good restaurants, cafés, lively bars and theatres at walking distance, as well as all the amenities, with traditional butcher, bakery, cheesemonger, fishmonger, quality grocery store, organic food shop, wine cellar, food markets, supermarket, etc... all this one or two blocks away from the flat.
Well, I cannot write everything here, I am so enthusiastic about the neighborhood!
HOME SWEET HOME
The architecture is typically haussmannian with stucco and wooden floors, the furnitures are a bobo mix of seventies vintage, cosy contemporary design and fine aristocratic Parisian furnitures.
Sofas, ancient oriental rugs and double glazing ensure you relax quietly.
FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
- Ample living room with sofas, dining area, desk and library
- 2 bedrooms (1 with queen size bed, 1 with 2 singles or 1 king)
- one queen size premium sofa bed
- Complete bathroom with bath and shower
- Separate reception toilets
- A fully equipped kitchen with another dining area: fridge, freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, boiler, stove (gas), toaster, utensils, crystals, plates etc.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- There is a flatscreen TV, cable TV and there is a great video rental across the street, if you feel like staying comfy at home after a long day in the city.
- Hi-fi sound system.
FREE STRONG INTERNET
Wireless high speed Internet (bring your own laptop or your iPhone).
Free and unlimited calls to 150 destinations on landline numbers (USA, CANADA, EUROPE...) but please do not use it for mobile/cellulars.
The kitchen is big and fully equipped with everything to cook, I am a passionate cook myself (I expect you to treat my equipment with much care).
- Dining table
- Micro wave
- Cooker hood and cooktop
- Coffee machine
- Fridge with freezer - Ustensils, plates, cristals, etc.
Safety code, two entrance doors, intercom and armoured door with safety system. The area is very safe anyway. Even at night, and even for females at night.
It is not a flat for tourists, which will make you really feel at home and Parisian, and for which I expect you to treat it, and the neighbors, with great care and discretion, since hosting in Paris is often negatively perceived by the neighbors.
Be discrete with her, she would spread the word in the whole building.
MY PERSONAL GUIDEBOOK
I gladly provide you with a booklet of all my personal recommendations and tips for going out, in the neighborhood as well as in other parts of the city which are worth it, and will help you out with your sightseeing and going-out plans.
- a warm Parisian welcome upon arrival
- Freshly clean sheets and towels upon arrival
- High Speed Internet (Wireless and with cable) for free
- Hotspot Wifi Internet in the street, for free
- Washing Machine for free
- TV with cable channels for free
- Phone calls to landlines to over 150 countries, for free
- your keys for the flat, the building and the lift/elevator
- your digital codes to access the building
- our availability for any matter in which we can help you before/during/after your stay
YOU PROVIDE (by order of priority)
- your smile and enthusiasm
- a clean and respectful behavior
- your openness to cultural diversity (we do kiss at first sight)
- your money
- You can book our cleaning lady during your stay if you like, count approx 40 euros.
- The cleaning fee charged by airbnb covers the laundry and the usual cleaning of the flat, not dishes, garbage and so on.
You are expected to leave the flat as you found it, there is everything to maintain it clean (vaccum cleaner, detergents etc.).
REASONABLE RATES, BASED UPON OCCUPANCY
Prices are calculated automatically by the system, on the basis of the number of guests, the specific dates, and generally integrates as well the laundry & cleaning fee (100€) and Airbnb fee (approx 10%).
When you enter the number of guests and the dates you like, it normally shows you the total cost for your stay, which will differ from the price stated as "from XX Euros" on the front page which does not include the extras.
Airbnb will take an authorization on your credit card (not charged) to be released 48 hours after your departure, if there is no damage of course. Fully refundable and thus not negotiable. It's like an insurance.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HOST YOU SOON!!
I am sure that you'll spend an enjoyable stay in Paris and feel like Parisians. Feel free to contact me if you have any question that could help you prepare your stay !
Give me as well some details about you :)
No pets, no big parties, no smoking. Respect the French rule : no noise in the neighborhood after 10pm.
For the rest, enjoy !
We will ask you for a copy of your passport per email before or upon arrival. We like to know who we host in advance and it's a french regulatory and mandatory requirement, for insurance reasons mainly.
from 3pm, unless otherwise agreed in advance. If the flat is available before, we're pretty flexible. For late arrival after 8pm, please count an extra 25 euros for Odile's taxi back home.
before 11am, unless otherwise agreed in advance. If no guest is following you, you may stay longer in case of late departure, we still are pretty flexible :)
This is not an hotel, you are thus expected to leave it as clean as you found it, there is everything in the flat to keep it clean.
The cleaning fee covers the laundry and the normal maintenance of the flat but not the dishes, trash etc.
You may want to book the cleaning lady extra, just tell us in advance, so that we can organize it for you. Count 100 euros approx.
We will handle the laundry, please leave all your bedsheets on the bed and towels in the bathroom, we'll take it from there.
Please note that there is a safety deposit of 600 euros automatically handled by airbnb before arrival. They take an authorization on your credit card (not charged) and release it 48 hours after your exit, automatically, unless there is some damage in the flat.
Easy, safe and convenient.
There good things and not so good things about this place.
The good ones are essentially the location and the building itself, both excellent. The apartment has also a lot of potential.
The not so good are that that potential is not realised. The photos depict a wonderful place, curated and full of charm. Too bad that they look like they were professional staged - as the apartment was in a much different state when we arrived: a bit of a mess, bits and pieces everywhere, furniture cheap and randomly placed. The neat arrangement of white towels in one of the pictures was in reality a bunch of random old ones in plastic bags. No toiletries provided, not a piece of soap and no shower gel - first time ever this happened to me on AirBNB.
The overall feeling is a two-star hotel.
Communication was odd, not bad - but odd. I was never in touch with neither Odile nor Matt, but rather with an unidentified friend, who herself could not reach Odile. I was let in by Sam, Odile's son - who didn't know much about the apartment - not even where the WIFI password was. I had to pay extra €25 due to my arrival at 9:30pm - which was not welcome.
Everything was solved in the end and we had a good stay - mainly due to the location and the fact we could leave luggage there until late afternoon.
My suggestion is that the hosts should take better care of a potentially wonderful apartment.
This apartment is fabulous. It is very large, comfortable and in the best location. I could move in!! The two real bedrooms make it perfect for two people traveling together. The living room is huge and the desk in the corner just makes it like home. Everything you need is there from soap to hair dryers to dishes and glasses.
The apartment is in a great location. The second bedroom has no curtains and was too bright for my kids, and the main bed in the master bedroom is not ideal for 2 adults to sleep comfortably in- its a camp bed. Besides that, the place was ok.
Odile & Matt provided excellent communication up to & including our arrival. The flat is a bit shabby but quiet & comfortable enough. There is a small lift to help with the luggage to the 6th floor. The flat is perfectly positioned for a weekend in Paris.
Paris é sempre o melhor destino. O apartamento é maravilhoso e muito agradável, além de estar numa vizinhança fantástica.
Numa rua cheia de galerias de arte , restaurantes, supermercados e lojinhas lindas o apartamento merece todos os elogios.
Description was perfect, I really cannot say anything about Saint-Germain because it's still my favorite neighborhood in Paris. So the location was stupendous. Between the River and Saint-Germain Boulevard, just awesome.
We had a wonderful weekend at Odile and Matt's flat in Paris. We were met by Odile's son who was very helpful. The weather was extremely cold and the flat was charming, cozy and welcoming. It is a delightful place to spend a few days and is in an amazing location. We were able to walk everywhere. We sincerely hope to come back to the same place soon.
This host has 508 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi, I'm Matt, an enthusiastic and very social parisian.
I'm interested in nature, traveling, scuba diving, photography and horse-riding.
I love to cook and create new recipes for my friends.
I used to live for many years abroad, I still travel a lot and I love to help travelers discover my beloved Paris city and its hidden secrets.
On my spare time, I manage my very own flats, the flats of some friends of mine, and one flat of my company, that we rent from time to time to tourists when we don't use it for our employees.
Odile is a wonderful lady who is helping me full time with her team on all the logistics of our hosting activity. Parisian too, super friendly and very helpful, she's dedicated to your stay.
We are here to make your trip in Paris unforgettable and far from the touristy clichés !