About this listing
Private room in our parent's 3 BR house, with FAST WiFi, TV and cable, located in a SAFE neighborhood. We always provide fresh Towels & Linen upon arrival.
My parents have hosted for 3 years. They're fantastic hosts! Read our reviews to see more!
WELCOME TO THE BRONX as featured on CNN's Anthony Bourdain's : Parts Unknown Season 04 Episode 02!
Thank you for visiting our listing. This listing is for a Private room in our parents three bedroom house. You will share 1 1/2 bathrooms with my parents.
Private room is completely private and not shared. Only you will be occupying the room. Room includes Hi-Speed WiFi, Flat Screen TV, Cable TV w/ Free HBO, Showtime, and Sports Package. There is a Full size bed - Comfortably sleeps up to two adults. We provide Fresh towels and bedding upon arrival. Guests staying over 30 nights will be allowed Kitchen access so long as they continually clean up after themselves.
Interaction with Guests
Our parents love meeting all our guests, getting to know a little about you, and offering tips and advice about New York City. As this listing is for a private room in my parents house, interaction will be as much or as little as you desire it to be.
Get situated right in the heart of the beautiful Bronx where you're within an hour metro ride from all attractions in Manhattan including Grand Central Station, Times Square, 9/11 Memorial.
Room is located in one of the safest neighborhoods in the Bronx and in New York City.
If your destination is the Bronx you're in arms length of major highways, close to all Bronx hospitals, a short bus ride to Fordham University, and within walking distance to the world famous New York Botanical Garden and Bronx Zoo.
The House is located close to two major subway lines that take you into Manhattan. You can make almost all destinations within an hour.
For those visiting New York City with a car or plan on renting one, you'll love our always available street parking just steps from the door. There is also always available street parking, which is a BIG bonus for those travelling with a car.
Other Things to Note
The House and room is non smoking - if you do not follow this you will be asked to leave. If you must smoke please go across the street to do so. Thank you.
AIRPORT PICK UP/DROP OFF
For those arriving in the evening or on weekends, we can offer you affordable Airport pick up/drop off rates for up to three guests.
1) Have fun and enjoy your stay in New York City as much as you can.
2) Enjoy your Private room, but please be respectful of our House and our property in it.
3) Please no smoking in the house. You may go across the street where you may smoke outside.
4) Please no over night guests unless you have included them in the reservation.
5) No pets are allowed on the premises.
6) Make sure to clean up after yourself immediately after using the kitchen. If you cannot clean up after yourself your kitchen privileges will be revoked.
7) For long term stays, if you need to receive mail please get a PO box or arrange to have your mail collected elsewhere.
8) Feel free to use the stove and the fridge. If you use the stove please make sure it is turned off after you are done. Please also make sure to remove all of your food from the fridge when you leave. Yes, even unused food. We understand that it may still be good and usable but chances are that if We did not buy it we will have no use for it so please take it with you!
8) Checkout is at 11AM on the last day of your stay. If you would like to leave your bags after 11AM on your last day you may do so but you have to ask first.
9) You understand that by booking through this service you are only staying for the duration that you requested and paid for. You agree that additional nights will not be granted unless you book again through Airbnb.
10) NO DRUGS!! THE AUTHORITIES WILL BE CALLED, YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT AND YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE FORFEIT IF YOU ARE USING DRUGS HERE.
11) Turn off all lights when you leave the room.
12) Unplug all devices from wall outlets if they're not in use - Please double check every time you leave the room.
13) Keep the Room clean and orderly at all times.
14) Please consume Alcoholic beverages responsibly.
15) If something is GREAT, tell your Friends. If something isn't right, tell us!
16) Please leave a review on Airbnb after your stay.
17) Please notice we do not charge a cleaning fee. You must leave the Room clean and orderly before you check out.
18) If you do not follow our House Rules you will be asked to leave.
Please remember before checking out make sure you have grabbed all your belongings, and double check again before you leave. We will not be responsible for items lost or left behind.
TRASH & RECYCLING
PLEASE RECYCLE! We have a trash bin located outside which you can empty your trash upon departure. Please place RECYCLING items in a small separate bag next to the trash bin. If you need a small separate bag do not hesitate to contact my parents.
The discription of the listing was accurate. The room was nice and clean. The family was very friendly.
Easy to find, close to public transit, a nice & quiet place to stay.
I stayed here for a work trip and the Palacios were welcoming and friendly. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't have taken time to go to central park. I didn't have much time for anything else.
Bronx takes a little time getting used to for a village folk like I am. But on the second day I felt more relaxed and safe. The accommodations were comfortable and everything worked well. It's not the Ritz but very adequate. The hosts are welcoming and very friendly. Ample parking on the street near the house. Supermarkets are close and so are Dunkin Donuts. :)
I felt really welcome. Everyone was very friendly. The family made me breakfast one day, and bought fresh flowers for me when I arrived. In general, very nice to stay here. Also nice to be be able to use the garden, when the weather was nice. The commute to NYU was a bit further than I expected, but I could also work quite well in the room, which was equipped with a desk. Overall very pleasant stay.
Christian and Carla were great hosts! I stayed with them for 3 months. The house is a 5 minute walk to train, making it convenient to get into the city. The room was spacious and clean. I enjoyed staying with them very much.
I stayed there for a month.The Palacios are very welcoming and helpful. The bed is comfortable, I felt at home staying there. Neighborhood is safe and ample parking availability. Overall , I had a pleasant stay.
Stayed here for close to 2 months (Sep- Oct'14) and must say this place felt like home.
Jackie, Frank and their daughter live in this house with a few visitors usually over the weekends. Jackie is a lovely woman; enthusiastic, super-helpful and fun to talk to. If you are lucky you will find yourself in a mini-food heaven when she cooks.
Frank is very knowledgeable and very helpful. Will treat you like family instantly. Christian, their son, visited occasionally and was great to talk to, too. Overall, a very sweet family that is interested without being the slight bit intrusive.
The room is nice, large and comfortable with plentiful storage space, TV and a work-space. Bathroom is just past the adjoining room and is decent ( read 'needs maintanance'). Kitchen space is fun with a lot of spices/wares to use. For laundry you can use the laundromat 2 blocks down the street. The house has a homely feel to it and the backyard and lawn add a pleasant touch. Since the house is on the corner of Allerton and Laconia, you may occasionally be disturbed by loud radio from the cars waiting at the signal.
Location - The bus stop is smack in front of the house. And in my opinion, the subway station down the street that the bus takes you to (Allerton Avenue- Whiteplains) is far more convenient and accessible than the Pehlam Park subway station. There are a handful of Chinese take-outs on this road and there's very good Mexican food to try on the Whiteplains road, all within walking distance of about 20 mins. The Bronx seems to have a reputation and in all fairness this part of the Bronx felt safe.
It's an hour and a couple of mins to get to Manhattan. The Bronx Park and Zoo are both great places to visit and are just a few mins by bus. If you want to do nothing, the room is comfortable enough to let you unwind in peace.
Great find and a positive experience to carry forward!
This host has 246 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Christian & Carla
We're Christian and Carla, and our family hopes to host your stay in New York City.
Feel at home while you're in New York City. We have an extra bedroom in our parent's apartment that is available for your New York City visit! We have the misfortune that we may likely not meet during your visit, but our parents are the best hosts -- just read our reviews from previous guests! Throughout the entire Airbnb process we will keep communication with you all the way until after check-out, and we always do our best to quickly respond to any questions.
Our family and us look forward to making your New York City stay an affordable and memorable one.
Be sure to visit all our listings and reserve your New York City Holiday/Vacation with us!
Christian & Carla