About this listing
Located 20 min from Monterey but guests enjoy a spacious room, comfortable queen bed, friendly hosting and free parking. Also please ask us about free aquarium tickets (2 adults 2 kids of $140). FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
THE HOUSE:(Chinese version is available toward the bottom 以下有中文版介绍)
Built in 2012, this brand new house is a two-storied building (3150 sq. ft) that has all a new and big house has: clean, bright, fresh, spacious and well designed to suit the comfort of modern life. In addition, the house is equipped with water filtering system that makes the water pure, soft and safe.
Please read our details carefully before booking. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Bedroom and bathroom: you get a spacious and super quiet room upstairs, a clean and comfort queen size bed with high quality linens, a shared bathroom. All towels, shampoo, body wash and toiletry are provided in the bathroom. A cable TV with Dish net work for you to use and WiFi for internet access, a desk and chair.The bedroom is ideal for single or couple, but is also good for small families. There will be a $35/person charge for additional adult who shares one room. Kid(s) who share a bed with parents will not be charged. If you have more people and would like to book more rooms in the same house, please ask as we have other rooms available to accommodate more people.
2) Breakfast: Please ask us for special homemade breakfast.
3) Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven
4) Free aquarium passes: when you book two nights with us, you will get two free Monterey Aquarium passes, a value of $80!! (First come, first served). You will enter as members without waiting in lines and you will also get 15% discount when you shop in the aquarium. Please contact us for availability.
5) Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
6) Free Parking in front of the house, in our drive way or in the garage when needed.
Interaction with Guests
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a college and my wife is a professional house wife. We love people and love to make friends with people from all over the world.
We guarantee to provide excellent customized services and make you feel like staying in your own home.
Enjoy your stay with us.
PLEASE BOOK EARLY!
The house is surrounded by mountains on the north and the east and a big park is right in the front. Free parking on the street, drive way and even in our garage.
The house is located in an extremely quiet, friendly and safe neighborhood.
Our house is economically located in a place where you can come and enjoy all that Monterey Bay has to offer from Santa Cruz to Big Sur. The Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Cannery Row, Fishman’s Wharf, whale watching, wine tasting in Carmel Valley, fishing, cycling，kayaking or walk along one of the many beaches are with 20 miles.
Our house is located in a convenient place where you find supermarkets, shopping centers and bus stops close by within walking distance. Monterey Salinas Transit Center, Steinbeck Center, and railway station is about 4 miles away, which is accessible by taking buses. Freeway 101 is 4 minutes away and it is an ideal place to stop to or from Los Angeles. Gilroy Outlet Malls are 30 minutes drive on North 101 and Hearst Castle is about 2 hours and half down on South 101. Five miles from the house is Highway 68 whereby you can reach Toro Park (6 miles), Laguna Seca Race Track (14 miles), and Monterey City (20 miles). Hwy 1 and Marina Beach is 13 miles on the West.
We are in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. Right in front of the house is a big grass covered park with playgrounds, basketball, baseball and soccer sports fields.
Other Things to Note
The weather here is beautiful year round, and usually a few degrees warmer and less foggy than immediately on the coast.
Below is Chinese translation:
我们的住处属于蒙特雷湾区Menterey Bay。蒙特雷海湾凉爽的气候和优美的风景令无数游人流连忘返，乐不思归。这里曾经有画家张大千的国外故居之一（参见《访张大千加州故居》--吴晓铃 《人民日报》 1987/04/25）这里也是诺贝尔获奖者斯坦贝克的故乡。斯坦贝克笔下《罐头厂街》（Cannery Row）的那条同名街就在蒙特雷市闻名全美的水族馆前边，还有《愤怒的葡萄》（The Grapes of Wrath）和《人鼠之间》（Of Mice and Men）的田野上奔跑着现代化的农机。这两部小说都拍成了电影，小说和电影的背景就是我们这儿的城市萨利娜市Salinas周围。这里也有诗人罗宾逊•翟弗尔斯（１８８７－１９６２）的石塔故居。此外，17英里风景线，卡迈尔高尔夫场，卡迈尔酿酒庄园，赫斯特古堡，美丽的海边一号公路以及路边旁的沙滩瀑布，渔人码头，还有海狮、海象、海豹、鲸鱼、鸟岛等奇特景观数不胜数。这里一年四季都适合旅游，夏天是超级的避暑圣地，冬天便是春暖花开的乐园。超一流的人文和自然景观是这里吸引全世界游人的主要原因。作为居住在这里的中国人，我们很高兴能有机会为我们同胞服务。除了提供住宿，我们还可以为大陆及台湾讲汉语的游客提供接机翻译导游和交通运输等特殊服务。另外，我們還免費提供價值80美元的水族館票(先來先得，定兩天以上者優先)。建议最佳游玩时间：两天。
We will do our best to make sure that your stay with us is pleasant and comfortable. Please help us maintain and improve our service quality:
1. We will appreciate it that our guests remove their shoes on all carpeted areas that include living room, bedrooms both upstairs and down stairs. Please wear sleepers or your shoes on the wood floor areas that include hall way, kitchen and family room.
2.Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven. No food in the bed rooms, please.
3. Please keep your voice and TV volume down after 9:00pm.
4. If you take showers before going to bed, please take it as early as you can. Please be considerate that there are other guests in the house.
5. We do not ask for key deposit. However, if you lose it, we'll have to replace locks of all entrances. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit, or we all ask you to pay for the cost for locks replacement.
6. We have Dish network and most of the programs are free. There are also paid program available. If our guests want to watch paid program, please let us know in advance. The amount charged for watching the program must be paid by the guests.
7. Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
Thank you for your cooperation.
HENRY AND HOLLY WITH A BIG HUG
It was a really wonderful time staying at holly's house!!! I am going to recommend it to everyone who is going to visit Salinas!
The house is very spacious and the neighborhood is truly beautiful and quiet. The bedroom and the bathroom is super super clean. There is no problem to share the bathroom with another guest there.
Holly was on her trip when we arrived and Holly's son gave us a warm welcome and a house tour as well. We also had a quick breakfast at Holly's kitchen and chat with two other guests.
It was a truly beautiful experience to visit Holly's house. I will definitely come back to her bnb house when there is another chance to visit Salinas!
We stayed for two nights with Holly and Henry, and it was a great experience. We arrived late on our first night which wasn't a problem for them. We were greeted by her son who was very kind. Throughout our stay, there were other airbnb guests as well, yet the set up of the house made it very comfortable and easy for all. The house was very clean, quiet, and hospitable.
We were given the aquarium passes for our first full day there, which was a huge plus. We didn't have to wait in lines to purchase tickets and saved a ton!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. Holly was extremely kind and welcoming. We would most definitely stay here again in the future.
The house was lovely and clean and the room was very comfortable and just what we needed after a day travelling the big sur. The only negative point we had was we felt the surrounding area was a little sketchy when arriving but it was just what we needed for one night. Thanks!
My daughter stayed with her boyfriend and had a wonderful time. She said it was clean and comfortable. She said they were very accommodating and very much appreciated the free passes to the aquarium. Thank you so much.
Everything about this stay was perfect. Firstly, Holly is the best. She's sweet and hilarious and treats you like family when you arrive. Sit down and chat with her if you get a chance! Also, there are free aquarium passes which you can ask for. These are member cards which give you all the member benefits - entry through member entrance, earlier entry time, discount at gift store. It's a really great deal. Stay here and you won't be disappointed! Thanks again Holly!
From even before we stepped into their front door, Holly made sure we were well taken care of, checking in on us the day of to make sure we were on our way safely. Once we arrived, she gave us a brief tour of the house and showed us to our room. She seemed to be a very well seasoned Airbnb host as she made it a point to give us our own space and privacy as soon as possible. I should emphasize that she wasn't rude about it; she was just very efficient at laying down the basics and then leaving us alone, which was much appreciated. Breakfast, she said, was self served and consisted mainly of toast with a variety of spreads and coffee. We were also able to secure a set of free aquarium tickets which was a very welcome added bonus.
The house itself is gorgeous (as you might already be able to tell in the pictures) and is located in a quiet neighborhood about 10-15 minutes from Cannery Row/Fisherman's Wharf and 20-25 minutes from Carmel. We were situated in a quaint upstairs bedroom with a very clean and comfortable full sized bed. The rest of the house was extremely spacious and extremely clean; it even has the faint lingering scent of a brand new house. Tasked to sum up the house in just a few adjectives, I would say very very clean and very very comfortable. Included with your room are individual towels, a desk, a TV (with satellite), a nightstand and full sized closet. You get access to a very spacious bathroom and their fully equipped kitchen (with permission of course). The aquarium tickets can be reserved on a first come first serve basis so be sure to mention them as soon as you book your room.
Monterey Bay is a beautiful area and we make it a point to come up here at least a few times a year. The next time we visit, Holly's beautiful home will definitely be on our list of potential places to stay.
This host has 292 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Henry & Holly
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a language Institute in Monterey. I am 56 years old. Married. I am Chinese and I got my PhD in Indiana University. I love, Tai Chi, zen meditation, hiking, and literature. My wife Holly Wu was a professional dancer and singer and now she is a professional house worker who loves cooking and maintaining the house. We both love people who bring with them cultures from all over the places in the world.