About This Listing
The Sandcastle is a cosy beach pad perfect for those wanting an escape within the city beach . Close to the heart of Bondi Beach with polished concrete floors, views of the Pacific's horizon and original 1960's Beverley Hills Hotel wallpaper...
As seen in Vogue Italy online...
Welcome to The Sandcastle, our 1 bedroom apartment right on the doorstep of the never ending atmosphere in Australia's most famous beach.
- cozy 1 bedroom flat great for couples getaway or singles stay in Sydney beaches during work or holiday visit
- small verandah area (with BBQ) for open views of the ocean & horizon for great sunrises and sunsets
- queen size double bed (comfortably sleeps 2)
- fully functioning kitchen with cooktop & refrigerator & all utensils you'll need
- access to shared laundry in the hallway
- linen supplied
- probably the most comfortable couch in the world
- TV with HDMI cable & (website hidden) Chromecast for laptop movie viewing
- record player to spin the classics
- bathroom with newly renovated shower/toilet facilities and a cloudy toilet seat
- non smoking (even outside)
- full wifi internet connectivity
- within a small block of 9 apartments
- secured entrance via locked door and intercom
Our position, set amongst an offshoot of Bondi Road within a friendly complex, is glorious for visitors to enjoy the best the area has to offer, while still being able to retreat amongst our walls when in the mood to 'chill'.
- 3 minutes walk takes you to your choice of Tamarama Beach to the south, or Bondi Beach to the north.
- easy access to the hundreds of bars/pubs/restaurants and cafes that people travel miles to check out during a sunny day in Bondi Beach
- public transport extremely close by to take you into the Sydney CBD or across town
- for those that surf, we have use of a surfboard during your stay if needed
- no pets please
- treat everything in the house as if it's your own. We like our stuff and it's special to us
- not suitable for large parties.
- any damages to items must be paid for by the guest
- Strictly NO SMOKING
The reservation was canceled 5 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Just back from a brilliant week at Matty's place. Gorgeous apartment that feels like home - except with amazing beaches a few minutes walk away! This place has a beautiful style, with colour and unique charm. It is also comfortable and easy to live in, and catches the sea breeze and the light. The couch is the perfect place to curl up with a book or a movie between walks, swims and cafe visits, and the kitchen is fully equipped and easy to cook in. The flat is also very clean, and the bathroom obviously newly renovated and has a great shower!
So much action in Bondi in one direction, and the stunning cliff top walk and the sands of Tamarama and Bronte beaches in the other. Matty was so generous at communicating all that we needed to know about the flat and the surrounding area, and we felt extremely welcome and well looked after - he is a warm and friendly host who went the extra mile every time. It was easy to walk (at a steady pace up the hill!) to trains at Bondi Junction, or jump on a bus at the end of the street. But most of all we just hung out in the local area because it was too pretty and too much fun to leave. Thank you so much for having us stay - we had a perfect week and hopefully will be back soon!
Matty & Mon were fantastic hosts. Their apartment is completely gorgeous and in a fabulous location. I will definitely be trying to stay again.
Absolutely amazing place. Superb location, super terrace, very comfy and clean. I didn't want to leave. Matty is an amazing host and very attentive. Stay here!
I would go back to Matty's lovely apartment immediately!
Incredibly nice house, incredibly nice hosts. Would go back tomorrow! Not much else to say :)
Matty and Monique were great hosts. The apartment is gorgeous and cosy and located in an awesome spot. We really enjoyed our stay, and hope to do it again!
About the Host, Matty
Myself and my chickie babe Monique are a beachie couple living life in Bondi Beach, Australia.
She yogis, I surf.
She is the designer and owner of a fashion label
I am a Digital Entrepreneur
We love travel and meeting folks. And drinking tea, and sunny days, and listening to records.