As seen in Vogue Italy online...
Welcome to our 1 bedroom apartment right on the doorstep of the never ending atmosphere in Australia's most famous beach.
- cozy 1 bedroom flat great for couples getaway or singles stay in Sydney beaches during work visit
- small verandah area with open views of the ocean & horizon for great sunrises and sunsets
- queen size double bed (comfortably sleeps 2)
- fully functioning kitchen with cooktop & refrigerator & all utensils you'll need
- access to shared laundry in the hallway
- linen supplied
- probably the most comfortable couch in the world
- TV with HDMI cable for laptop movie viewing
- record player to spin the classics
- bathroom with newly renovated shower/toilet facilities
- non smoking (even outside)
- full wifi internet connectivity
Our position, set amongst an offshoot of Bondi Rd within a friendly complex, is glorious for visitors to enjoy the best the area has to offer, while still being able to retreat amongst our walls when in the mood to 'chill'.
- 3 minutes walk takes you to your choice of Tamarama Beach to the south, or Bondi Beach to the north.
- easy access to the hundreds of bars/pubs/restaurants and cafes that people travel miles to check out during a sunny day in Bondi Beach
- public transport extremely close by to take you into the Sydney CBD
- for those that surf, we have use of a surfboard during your stay if needed
This place was fantastic. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 days while we were in town for a wedding. The Sandcastle was cozy and it was so easy to hop right down to the beach for a surf!
Matty had the place all nice and clean for us and was very easy to work with as far as checking in and checking out. Thanks so much for such a lovely time!
Absolutely amazing place. Superb location, super terrace, very comfy and clean. I didn't want to leave. Matty is an amazing host and very attentive. Stay here!
I would go back to Matty's lovely apartment immediately!
Incredibly nice house, incredibly nice hosts. Would go back tomorrow! Not much else to say :)
Matty and Monique were great hosts. The apartment is gorgeous and cosy and located in an awesome spot. We really enjoyed our stay, and hope to do it again!
What sticks in my memory from the Sandcastle...
Was it waking up in the morning and having a peaceful breakfast on the terrace or the endless sunshine that adorned the apartment from morning to night?
Some days it was just the short stumble from the beach and the time gazing off the Eastern Suburbs cliffs into the southerly swells.
Quick simply the Sandcastle is the perfect crash pad for a Bondi visit in Sydney; the apartment is immaculate and well stocked with everything you'd need for a long or short stay.
Matty himself is the perfect host and the whole experience was seamless, simply no dramas.
The Sandcastle is a super cute apartment in a beautiful quiet spot in Bondi, away from the main strip but as close to the beach as you could hope to get. It has everything you could need, including a great record collection which provided a retro soundtrack to our stay. The bed is very comfy and having the sound of the ocean drifts in the window at night makes for a restful nights' sleep.
Matty was totally organised, helpful and accommodating of the fact our flight was delayed an hour. He came to meet us to show us around the apartment and helped us settle in.
It really felt more like staying at a friends' place, and definitely like a home away from home. Would love to visit again next time we're in Sydney ... couldn't rate the experience more highly!
We totally fell in love with The Sandcastle and wish Matty and his partner Monique could come and style our own place back home!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.