About this listing
Location, location, location. Maybe the best thing about our cozy studio is it’s quiet location right in the city center. We call it the “Suite Singel.”
It is situated at the basement level of our residence home. The house was built in 1640 and we live in the upper floors. Kerry is a yoga teacher and photographer and Fabian is a lower school music teacher.
After welcoming you and explaining how things work in the studio, we give you the keys and you can enjoy the privacy of your own place in Amsterdam.
* Best location--On Singel Canal in the "Nine LIttle Streets"
* Private entrance
* Wireless Internet
* Private shower and toilet
* Hair dryer & Iron
* Cable TV
* Twin beds joined (can be separated if preferred)
* Bench seating area looking out to the street and canal
* Tea & Coffee maker
* Towels and linen provided
* Full cleaning service after 3 days at no charge for stays of 5 days or longer
A walk out the door leads you to 17th century Amsterdam--even if it’s raining, it’s a beautiful place to be! And when the sun shines, you can use the two folding lounge chairs (stored under the beds) which you can place under the tree in front of the house and watch the world go by in the canal…
--Note; for King´s Day. Christmas and New Years minimum 3 nights required.
We are on the edge of the “Negen Straatjes”, or “9 Little Streets”, which is full of cafés, restaurants, and shops. The Negen Straatjes has quickly become the most modern and hip area of the city…there is more in Amsterdam than just coffee shops and the red light district! Within a 10 minute walk you can reach all these sites:
* The flower market (3 min!)
* The Dam Square--the center of the old city (3 min)
* Pedestrian shopping streets of the Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat
* Leideseplein--full of restaurants and outdoor cafes and bars
* Centraal Train Station (3 trams stops away, 20 minn walk)
* Van Gogh Mueseum
* Spiegelstraat Antique and Art Galleries
* Stadelijk Modern Art Museum
* Anne Frank House
* Red Light District
* Many many stores, restaurants, bars, and of course "coffee shops"
We’ve lived in Holland for over 10 years (Kerry is from the US and Fabian is Argentinean). We know Amsterdam well and we will be happy to help you find what you are looking for during your stay. We speak English, Spanish, Dutch, and we can squeeze out some Italian and French if needed.
We’ve been renting the studio for several years now and we have a good idea of what people like about it. It’s not a huge spacious apartment with sweeping views…it’s a cozy little studio where you will have a quiet night’s sleep after a day out exploring. We do provide coffee and tea making facilities, however, we are not able to provide breakfast.
We have been working since the beginning to be as eco-conscious as possible. And just so you know…this also means we have only a 15-liter water heater. You have a very hot shower for about 8 minutes, wait another 15 minutes and it’s ready to go again.
No smoking please.