* Junior one bedroom condo with a queen bed, sofa and full size air mattress (could accommodate up to 5 adults - might be a bit cozy but can be done)
* Upgraded granite/stainless kitchen, dining area, marble bathroom, office area and washer/dryer in unit
* Hardwood floors, high ceilings with huge windows and modern furniture & decor
* Great outdoor spaces: large balcony, courtyard w/ grills & seating
Convenient to Public Transportation, Major Highways with Free/Cheap Parking:
- 2 minute walk to Union Station and Ogilvie Station for all Metra lines and Amtrak
- 5 minute walk to the Blue line el subway train (~60 min to O'Hare Airport - ORD) or 10 minute walk to Orange el line (~60 min to Midway Airport - MDW)
- Many city bus options near Union Station
- 5 minute walk to Mega Bus and Greyhound bus stations
- 7 minute drive to McCormick Convention Center
- Short walk, drive or cab ride to just about anywhere downtown - Sears Tower (5 min walk), Art Institute (20 min walk), Milennium Park (20 min walk), etc
- Parking options include lot parking at about $10/day, free street parking on Southern side of Quincy St and Eastern side of Jefferson St b/w Quincy St and Adams St (reasonably available but completely based on luck) or metered street parking (enforced from 8am-9pm daily and free overnight). The best garage rates are prepaid through a website called (website hidden) - just enter my address and the dates/times you want to park for and you'll be able to find plenty of nearby options (including next door).
Dining/Food Options (always happy to give recommendations):
- Full grocery store 2 blocks away (Walmart), Gourmet grocery store 4 blocks away (Mariano's) and standard large-chain store 5 blocks away (Dominick's)
- Coffee shops - Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts 1 block away
- Restaurant Row - High-end Randolph Street restaurants (Girl & the Goat, Jaipur, Nelcotte, Publican, Next) & lounges (Aviary, Maude's Liquor Bar, RM Champagne Lounge) ~10 min walk
- Other neighborhood favorites: Greek town restaurants, Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza, Karyn's on Green, Paola's Wine Bar, Epic Burger, Meli Cafe, Lou Mitchell's Diner, Potbelly's, Chipotle, Al's #1 Beef, Mughal India, Corner Bakery, Subway, McDonald's all within a few blocks
Convenience- Everything You Need is Within Walking Distance:
- 24 hour convenience - Walgreens Pharmacy (4 blocks) and 7-11 (2 blocks)
- Walmart, Dry Cleaners, FedEx, Kinkos, RedBox, Post Office and C Salon, Chase, Citibank (all within 2 blocks)
Full-Service Building Amenities Include:
- Super friendly 24-hour door staff (can receive/hold packages if you let me know ahead of time)
- Secure access to building and elevator (key fob necessary)
- Gym / Fitness Center with machines and free weights
- Private 2 lane bowling alley (with shoes and electronic scoring)
- 3 pool tables
- Large indoor putting green
- Foosball tables
- Ping pong table
- Dart boards
- Golden Tee arcade game (free)
- Movie theater/screening room (bring/rent a movie to watch!)
- Outdoor courtyard area with high-end grills
[Note building amenities can be reserved but are typically first come-first served]
- Washer/dryer in unit
- Full-length mirror
- 1800 watt hairdryer
- Steam iron (with ironing board)
- Cool mist humidifier
- High-speed wireless Internet service
- Huge 50" Samsung flat screen plasma TV
- Premium cable tv package - including DVR and HBO
- Samsung Bluray/DVD player
- iPod docking station and speaker
- Chargers/adapters (and places to plug them in) - iPhone/iPod/iPad (bring your adapter for iPhone 5), micro USB (or just about anything else you might need - just ask)
- Large marble bathroom with bath tub/shower and an upgraded dual shower head (hand held and in place)
- Plenty of fresh, clean soft towels
- Toiletries will be provided - shampoo, conditioner, body wash and/or bar soap
- Sharper Image radio/CD/MP3 player in bathroom (NPR Chicago is the first pre-set station)
- Soft clean sheets, down comforter, 2 memory foam pillows, 2 over-filled down pillows and several throw blankets
- Large modern kitchen with granite counter tops, GE stainless steel appliance package and garbage disposal - filled with lots of kitchen tools/gadgets to prepare a great meal! [If there is something specific you are looking for, please let me know]
- Large dining table with seating for 6 - modern dinnerware, cutlery and serving pieces
- Office area with a modern desk and designer chair, 27" flat panel monitor, office supplies, stationary and color printer available
- Spacious private balcony with greenery and seating overlooking the courtyard
- Powerful central air conditioning and heat with easy to use digital control thermostat to keep you comfy year round
I stayed with friends over Memorial Day weekend at Sagar's condo and he was an excellent host throughout our stay. He accommodated our arrival and departure times without hesitation and made everything about our stay an worry free experience. The condo was clean, well organized and had everything that we needed for our stay available. The location of the condo was excellent with food and public transportation all within walking distance, made our stay easier for visiting the Chicago sights. I would highly recommend staying with Sagar.
The condo was very clean and well organized, with all the amenities listed. Sagar is a very hospitable and helpful individual. The location is so convenient to great restaurants, many within easy walking distance, even for my 80-year-old mother. Armed with a 3-day CTA pass, we could go anywhere within the city, see all the sites, and easily get to and from Midway. My mom, my daughter and I had a lovely time in Chicago. Thank you.
Very nice experience! The apartment is very design and clean.
We were a family of 4 and it can be a little small but everything was ok for us.
We had all the information Sagar was present for us!
The location is very nice too and very easy to visit the city!!
We had a great time in Chicago thanks to this apartment !
Sagar was the most gracious host, not to mention the apartment was fabulous! Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.
Great host! Easy to communicate with. The apartment was exactly as described! Couldn't ask for a better place to stay at!
Sagar was very flexible regarding check in/check out procedure and time. We were able to arrive early in the morning and leave early as well. His attention to detail was noticable from cleanliness (I would stay here 100 times before worrying about high traffic, loud, bed bug hotels) to the helpful guides he laid out for us for the city of Chicago. My wife and I were able to meet Sagar who showed us around the place for a few minutes. He is a perfect host. His willingness to help us navigate the city and find "local" restaurants/attractions was more than expected and very appreciated. Again, stay here before even thinking about booking any Chicago hotels!
We were not able to meet Sagar on our stay, but was he very attentive and offered many good places to dine and eat. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and made sure we would feel welcome on his place. Its adequately located to public transit and the apartment is very modern and overall we were impressed. Definitely recommended!
Great apartment. We were in Chicago for one night to watch the bulls play. This was perfect for our stay, location made it easy to get to as it was a short 5 minute walk from the Blue Line, apartment had everything we needed and more. Sagar was very accommodating and was very willing to help out (not that we needed him as the place was perfect!)
Check-in/out was a breeze (we arrived early and were able to check-in straightaway).
Sagar's place was great! He met us when we arrived into town and showed us around the building. You have everything you need to cook and keep yourself comfortable while staying in the apartment. We especially enjoyed the access to the basement bowling alley, putting green, ping pong and pool tables. Sagar made it easy to get the keys and help us with any problems we may have had. Next time I am in Chicago I will definitely stay here!
This was my first experience with Airbnb and everything went absolutely perfect. Sagar is a great host and very attentive. he responded to texts very quickly and check-in was very efficient. His place was flawless. It was very clean, organized and very very modern. The location was also perfect, right next to Chicago's Union station and major bus lines, which was very convenient for us since we dont have a car. I will definitely be staying at Sagar's every time I come to Chicago!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.