You'll feel at home in our relaxed, eclectic terrace in Erskineville at the hip heart of Sydney. Within mins of vibrant Newtown and a short train ride to Sydney's tourist hot-spots. Unwind in the open plan dining/living/kitchen or clawfoot bathtub.
**Special rates between January 2015 and May 27, 2015 for stays longer than 10 days.**
Live like a local in our gorgeous industrial / boho / designer’s terrace, less than ten minutes walk from 3 train stations, at the heart of Sydney’s hip Inner West.
At the intersection and only a couple of minutes walk from the charming village atmosphere of Erskineville, the eclectic hub of Newtown and the artisan neighbourhood of Redfern/Darlington. A huge range of cafes, bars, restaurants, parks, supermarkets, theatres, cinema and other entertainment are just minutes away while at the same time being in a safe, leafy, local neighbourhood.
2 minutes walk to Erskineville and Macdonaldtown Stations, 5 minutes walk to Newtown Station and 10 minutes walk to Redfern Station.
5 minutes by train to Sydney’s Central Station and 10 minutes by train to Sydney’s tourist hot spots such as Hyde Park, Circular Quay, the Rocks and the Opera House. 10 minutes walk to Sydney University. A short taxi or train ride from the international and domestic airport. Buses are also just minutes walk away.
Our house is a tri level Victorian terrace with relaxed, industrial, eclectic, light, contemporary interiors.
- Large combined living/dining with timber floorboards, large HD LCD TV, xbox & wii (on request), heater, dining table for 6 people, boardgames.
- Well appointed kitchen with stainless steel Smeg Gas cooktop, microwave, oven, dishwasher, espresso coffee machine.
- Downstairs amenities including toilet, shower and washing machine.
- Kitchen opens to a timber deck overlooking the entertaining courtyard with BBQ.
- Wifi throughout the house.
The house has 3 bedrooms.
- 1 master double bedroom with connected bathroom including fantastic claw foot bathtub for soaking your cares away.
- 1 loft bedroom with queen bed.
- 1 middle room with a single daybed that turns into a king bed (this room also has a balcony looking onto the street).
- The loft and middle room are separated by a level/set of stairs but no door.
- The house can also sleep one person on a couch in the living room or an extra single mattress.
For families we are able to provide you with a Phil & Ted's travel cot and bassinet and a variety of toys and games.
- We tend to accept bookings from guests with a completed Airbnb profile. Please write to us with a short background before booking, particularly if you don't have a full profile.
- The house is occupied by our rather independent but lovable cat, Alfalfa. She does her own thing but needs her bowl of food topped up every couple of days. The house is not suitable for anyone with a cat allergy.
- The bedrooms are on the second and third level and not suitable for anyone who has difficulty with stairs.
Whole house and garden.
Interaction with Guests
We will meet you to hand over the keys and show you around the house and then leave you to your own devices. Also happy to take you through a map of the area and tell you about some of the wonderful local highlights and amenities.
Erskineville is at the junction of 3 train stations, has a great relaxed family, hipster vibe with leafy streets and a quaint village. We are only 5 mins walk from the vibrant Newtown and 10 mins from Redfern/Darlington. They city/opera house/harbour etc are less than 10 mins via train.
Very convenient. Erskineville is at the junction of 3 train stations and only 5 minutes from a variety of trains on King Street going to the city/beach/suburbs. Easy access from Airport (short taxi ride) and only 5 mins by train to Central station.
Smoking outdoors only.
No excessive internet downloads.
Respect the neighbors.
We have a cat so no other pets are allowed.
CC's house was absolutely gorgeous and in such a great location. Although we drove up from Melbourne thinking we needed the car, we really didn't even though we were there for 3 weeks. We have a 3 year old and he absolutely loved the 'kids bedroom' and my dad came and stayed in the attic bedroom one night during our stay and had a great night's (website hidden) and her family made us so welcome and really looked after us in every way. I highly recommend this house.
6 of us had a great time staying here during our long weekend in Sydney.
It was such a neat house and comfortable for all of us to stay (website hidden) was very welcoming and gave us plenty of information about the area we were in.
Great location next to train stations and a couple minutes walk away from bars, cafes etc.
The house had everything that we needed to make our stay enjoyable.
The house was super cute and comfortable. I didn't stay as it was a work trip and I had to mind the forte in Melbourne but all the staff members loved the house. Thank you very much for opening up your home to us working there on the weekend. Much appreciated.
We had a very enjoyable 2 night stay at Ccs place at the end of a longer (website hidden) made us very welcome, showed us where everything was and gave great tips about how to get about and where to visit. The place was as pictured, very fun and friendly. And we loved the chance to get to know Alfalfa the cat! Thanks for having us.
We had a great time in the house. Everything was as described. Public Transport was exceptionally close. Parking during business hours and Saturday evening was difficult.
We met with Cc at the house to pick up the keys. She had maps available and was very helpful in recommending restaurants and transit options. The house was a good fit for my wife and myself along with our two university aged kids. The kitchen was well stocked with necessities and bedding/towels were all of good quality. However the location is where the house really shines - close to shops, supermarket, restaurants and transit (3 trains stations within a few minutes). Lots of parks nearby and interesting old houses. If you like to walk you can get to the CBD in one and half hours or just over an hour to airport (walked there to pick up a rental car). Since there was four of us, taxi to the airport is cheaper then airport train.
Location makes it easy to walk for that late night drink or gelato!
Cc's house in Erskineville is great and comfortable. Bedding is ideal for 5, the house is well equipped and decoration is fun. The location is fantastic. The house is in a quiet street just 5 minutes walk from pubs and eateries, and 2 minutes walk from the train (website hidden) is a really nice host. I strongly recommend!
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews