About this listing
This gorgeous apartment is spacious, clean, comfortable. The subway is 2 short blocks away, as is Central Park! Enjoy being 10 mins to midtown; walking to sites like St John the Divine, the Apollo Theater, Columbia; eating at superb restaurants!
The window has sheer curtains, heavy curtains, and a set of blinds behind the sheers. There is also an air conditioning unit in the window.
This apartment is the largest, most beautiful that I have had in Manhattan. It is homey and spacious. Your room is one of two in the apartment. I am in the second, and I work alot. I also have a sitting area and a desk in my room, so when you are home, I am usually there.
About your room:
- Your mattress is a full, high-quality mattress.
- There is a private A/C unit in the window, so you are able to regulate the temperature yourself.
- There is closet space, as well as dresser space in the room so that you can unpack your bags and feel at home!
- There are two nightstands, one for each guest.
- There is overhead lighting, as well as 3 lamps in the room for the evening.
- There are three options for adjusting for natural light. While there is not much of a view, there is good light, but you'll have mini-blinds, sheer curtains and curtains to adjust the influx of light.
- The room does not share a wall with another bedroom for added privacy.
About the apt:
- It's amazing! I have been in it nearly a year, and am still grateful every day. NYC living tends to be tight, and this space is so open and huge for New York!
- I have a real eat-in kitchen with all necessary appliances and tools in the event you'd like to cook.
- I have a MASSAGE CHAIR for a relaxing massage after a full day of sight-seeing
- My couch is comfy, and a great place for watching a good movie.
- I have a TV with access to Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, etc., etc.
- The bathroom (all of the apartment) is clean and tidy. I even have space for you to unpack your toiletries and settle in.
- I have windows in every room of the apartment (except the bathroom), 11 in total.
- My room is at the end of the hall and removed from the rest of the apartment (read: we won't cross paths often, unless we choose to see each other!) :)
About the Neighborhood:
I live where the Upper West Side meets Harlem. It is a great marriage of comfort and culture. We have incredible restaurants and bars without the insane hustle and bustle that you get in midtown. Close sights are Columbia University, Saint John the Divine Cathedral, The Apollo Theater, and of course, Central Park! The Museum of Natural History is a short train or bus ride away, and Times Square and Broadway are only 10-15 minutes on the metro. It is an ideal location to have the comforts and nearness of all the sights, while seeing how great it is to actually live in NYC.
I am a small business owner. I work from home primarily. If you plan to come to NYC and stay in the apartment all day, I suggest looking elsewhere. While I'll enjoy having you around in the mornings and evenings, I will most likely need to work during the day. Of course, the occasional drop-by and/or afternoon nap is fine! I'll just work in my bedroom. Other than that, I love getting to know new people, showing people "my" city, being outdoors, traveling, cooking, and learning languages. I'm easy-going, and usually pretty fun to be around. :)
You will have access to an elevator, as well as laundry in the building. Within the apartment, you will have access to the kitchen to use as often as you like to cook meals and/or store food.
Interaction with Guests
I love to give my guests as much, or as little, attention as they like. Should you want me to sit down with you and help you best plan out your day, I'd be happy to... If you'd prefer to pretend you have the place to yourself, I'm also happy to make myself scarce! I want to make your stay as comfortable as possible!
I love this neighborhood! It is wonderful to be so close to all the action, but to have a quiet, peaceful place to come home to. Being so close to Central Park is wonderful, I love seeing all the trees every day as I come and go. The proximity to the subway is also great - especially on bad weather days! This neighborhood is rich with culture and limitless things to do, I think you'll fall in love with it!
The B/C trains are less that 2 blocks away. You can get to both La Guardia, Newark, and JFK airports via public transportation. Should you want to park your car, there are both paid parking decks and free street parking spots.
Other Things to Note
I LOVE hosting! I will enjoy getting to know you, and helping you have the most amazing stay possible!
I have very few rules:
1. No shoes past the door; it keeps the place cleaner for you to enjoy!
2. Food in the kitchen only, unless you want to watch a movie with some popcorn!
3. No guests. You and I will have just met... I'm sure your friends are great, but I don't know them, so I'd prefer you meet up somewhere in the neighborhood instead! Thanks!
4. Please be respectful of my things. I've worked hard to own nice furniture, etc, so please be respectful and treat it as your own... or like the Queen's... either way. :)
You will have full use of the dresser so that you can unpack your bags, and feel at home! Also note that there are hooks behind the door to hang your towels, bags, and jackets.
Monica was very friendly and accommodating. The place is very clean and well taken care of. I personally made a mistake and did not realize that it is a private room within the apartment and not the whole apartment. I was there with my three daughter ages 8 to 13 and they were not comfortable with that arrangement, nor was I, and we left after one night of a six day stay, but again this was my error. The only downside of the apartment is the building and neighborhood is not the best especially in the evening hours as it leaves a lot to be desired.
Nous étions un couple et un adolescent et notre séjour de 4 nuits chez Monica s'est très bien passé. L'appartement est confortable, très fonctionnel, refait très récemment dans un style "IKEA", (nous avons apprécié son fauteuil masseur) et vraiment très bien situé à 2 pas de Central Park et du métro, dans un quartier très calme mais néanmoins très vivant avec beaucoup de restos sympas.
Monica est une personne affable qui donne très volontiers des conseils sur la visite de New-York, mais tout en restant très discrète par ailleurs. 2 points négatifs: 1) dommage que notre chambre n'était pas propre au moment de notre arrivée: il faut se rappeler qu'on laisse 71€ pour le ménage en fin de séjour. 2) l'appartement est vraiment très sombre car les fenêtres de la pièce de vie et de la chambre ne donnent que sur des cours intérieures de quelques mètres carrés!
Monica's apartment was lovely and comfortable. Located on the edge of Harlem the subway was just two blocks away and easy 10-15 min ride to Time Square. We walked all around Harlem and found clothes shopping on 125th street easier than battling downtown crowds. Everything was as described no hidden surprises. Monica was out of town for our visit so we didn't meet her which was a shame but on the upside we had complete use of her apartment which is more spacious than a hotel room. Really enjoyed staying here. Thanks Monica
Monica's apartment was just as warm and cozy as when I booked with her previously. Furthermore, she is just as friendly and accommodating as she was, which is definitely a good thing. She is truly a gem of the AirBnB community.
Monica was a great host! Although we didn't get to actually meet her, she was very accommodating when it came to the check in time, the flight delays and problems we had arriving in NY. Her apartment was lovely and exactly as described. Transport around NY was super easy, and the area is much nicer than at first glance. I highly recommend this listing.
We had a lovely stay at Monica's place. Convenient located, near Central park, it has direct access to Downtown with the subway. The flat is located only 2 streets away from the metro station (5mins walk), which makes the access very easy.
The apartment is exactly like showed in the photos and the room itself is really nice & cozy.
Monica is an amazing host & a nice person, easy to communicate with, very responsive and ready to help.
I fully recommend her place and I would definitely stay with her again.
Our stay with Monica was fantastic, her apartment was as shown, very clean and in a great location. Monica was very helpful giving us some great recommendations on places to go.
About the Host, Monica
I'm a nutritionist and small business owner living in the big apple. I love getting to know new people (especially from other countries), and learning about their cultures. My life is full of great people and fun adventures. I travel abroad 6 weeks to 2 months every year, seeing the world one country at a time. I've lived in NYC for nearly 10 years.