About this listing
Our place is a delightful 1950's bungalow in central Austin's Hyde Park neighborhood. It is in a very safe neighborhood, close to bars, restaurants, transit, and 2mi from UT, 3mi from downtown. It's a perfect home base for your visit to Austin!
Hi, this ad is for one room in my three bedroom bungalow. The house is situated in the quiet Hyde Park neighborhood, and offers a comfy, laid-back vibe. We are walking distance to mass transit, a number of restaurants and coffee shops. Biking means you have a huge array of options available, as we are 3 miles from downtown Austin.
Currently, two bedrooms are available, while I stay in the back bedroom, which is not connected to the house. Because of this guests have told me they feel as if they have had the house to themselves. You have access to basically the entire house, including a living room with kitchen table and common area, kitchen, bathroom, front and back porches.
Interaction with Guests
• I've lived in Austin since 2003 and can provide great tips on how to get around in Austin.
• I've been renting on Airbnb now for almost four years. I always enjoy giving tips and pointers and love showing off my city. If time permits I often invite guests to come see me play (I am in a few bands) or to just enjoy a drink in front or out back of the house. I am self employed (as a piano technician) so am often gone daytime, but when I'm here I am happy to interact, hear about your adventures, offer tips, etc.
• Located in central, safe Hyde Park neighborhood, intersection of 48th and Red River streets. Hyde Park is a historic neighborhood, built out in the 1940's and 50's. It is populated by many families, some single young people, as well as some students, though we are 2 miles north of campus and therefore not directly in the midst of "college-mania". It is generally quiet, and very safe. Access to the rest of the city is superb, the central location is outstanding.
Two separate city bus stops close by with direct access to downtown, 6th street. 2.7 miles from the shuttle stop that runs to Circuit of the Americas (for you F1 racing fans). We are 3 miles from downtown, bikeable in fifteen minutes, or bike down there and stash your bike on the front of a CapMetro bus on the way back home. ((website hidden)) I have one bike and a bike lock available to rent for $10/day.
Other Things to Note
• Each room features one full size bed with fresh blankets, sheets, and towels (additional mattress available upon request, see "additional guests")
• Large backyard with garden, bbq pit, glass table, hang out area
• Washing machine available
• Full kitchen with pots, pans, utensils, spices
Smoking outside only.