After some good experiences renting to festival-goers at Austin's SXSW conference and festival, I'm happy to open my house up again this year.
If you are a positive-minded person needing accommodation in central Austin, this could be a place for you. Read more for details on the space:
What We Offer:
• 1 bedroom (available for one or two people)
• 2nd bedroom available to accommodate larger groups
• Fresh blankets, sheets, and towels
• Free coffee/tea plus light breakfast items
• Free WiFi
• Your pick of bikes to use during your stay (with locks)
• Full use of kitchen
$100 per room for min of 3 consecutive nights. Safe, handled through Airbnb.
About The House:
• Located in the Hyde Park area, near 48th and Red River
• Bus stop close by - direct access to downtown, 6th street, and the Convention Center
• 15 minute bike to downtown (2.7 mi to convention center)
• Walking distance to a huge grocery store, bars, and coffee shops (Flight Path, Epoch, Quacks, Drinkwell Tamale House, Mother’s Café, Hyde Park Bar & Grill, Astis, Counter Culture, Daily Juice, The Triangle)
• Large backyard with garden, bbq pit, glass table, hammock, hang out area
• Full kitchen with gas stove, utensils, spices
• I've lived in Austin since 2003 and can provide great tips on things to see and do in the area.
• I'm an easy-going guy and happy to share information with you, and will help in any way I can.
• I tune and repair pianos, so will almost always have one in the house
Please contact me with your specific situation and the days you are interested in staying. Thanks for reading, I hope to hear from you!
Nick is a really nice guy, and he was very helpful to both us and the other girls who were staying in the house during sxsw. The internet was on and off, but he did his best to try and sort it out. The place was a bit further from downtown than we thought, and sometimes it took us an hour to get from there into town, as the buses didn't leave very often. But it was ok. The area felt safe, and there's a big grocery store near by. The house has a nice little garden, and it was nice to have a peaceful place to have a break from all the madness of the festival. We had a good time with Nick, and hope to see him again!
Nick was a great host. He gave me a quick tour or the house and we chatted for a while. He's a really chill and down to earth guy. Nick had fresh towels and a bike already for me to use if i needed it. I asked him about getting around Austin on a bus and he was very helpful. Bus stops are really close to his house, and it's a great location for SXSW. Far enough so bands don't wake you up, but close enough for a 10-15 mins ride downtown. He also lives in walking distance of some great places to eat. BIG thanks Nick for everything.
We had a great time in Austin during SXSW. Nicholas was a great host. His house is located in a quiet neighborhood. Quite a bike ride from the city centre of Austin, even for us Dutchies. Both the rooms in his house are good and Nicholas even arranged some extra beds when we notified him a couple of days in advance that two of our friends were in need of a place to stay as well. Nicholas is a laid-back and kind guy.