About this listing
Private room and private bathroom. Shared kitchen with full use of all kitchen amenities. Full use of laundry. Beautiful gardens. Awesome host.
Comfy queen bed in a cozy room in my cute Culver City home. A great neighborhood in Los Angeles, between the beach and the city. The bedroom can comfortably accommodate 2 guests. The closet is set up for travelers, so you can hang plenty of clothing. There is also an ample dresser so you can really unpack and relax.
The kitchen is yours to use and groceries are available at a nearby Trader Joe's or Supermarket. I love to cook so we may end up sharing space, recipes and even meals. There is a dishwasher, so please use it if you cook or please wash your dishes by hand.
Downtown Culver City is within a 7 minute walk. There is a fab movie theatre there in addition to many restaurants, shops, cafes, two playhouses--The Kirk Douglas and The Actors' Gang, parks, Baldwin Hills Scenic Hike and Nature Preserve and art galleries to enjoy.
The Metro Expo Line is a 2-block walk and can take you directly to USC, Downtown Los Angeles, and many tourist sites. (website hidden)
Disneyland is a 40-minute drive from my home, Universal Studios is a 20-minute drive and Venice Beach is a 15-minute drive.
If you're visiting Los Angeles to work, FOX, Sony, Culver Studios and multiple other production houses, including several internet start ups are all within walking distance and additional large employers are quite nearby as well.
The gardens are one of the best features of this home. You are welcome to spend time relaxing in the sun or under an umbrella outside with plenty of birds singling and squirrels chirping. Diablo, my friendly kitty will certainly be curious of you and will want to show you his squirrel-chasing antics.
The living room and dining nook are community areas and you are welcome to enjoy them.
Guests may borrow my beach cruiser with permission. I'm happy to offer rides when our schedules align.
Interaction with Guests
I'm very friendly and I'm happy to interact with you as much or little as you wish. I like to give you lots of space and privacy and I'd also be happy to show you around town if that's what you're looking for.
Culver City is hip and up and coming. Restaurants galore. Central location in Los Angeles while being Westside and close to the beach. Easy access to the Metro Expo line, busses and Uber or Lyft. Easy ride to LAX. Culver City has a micro-climate that avoids the beach marine layer while also avoiding the city center's overly hot congestion. The weather almost always better in Culver than on the Eastside. It's clear here with a light breeze and yet warmer than right at the ocean.
Easy access to Metro Expo line. Easy access to bus lines.
Other Things to Note
- Street parking is available as well as parking in my driveway. Warning: There is no parking on the far side of the street on Wednesdays between 8am-noon and the near side on Tuesdays 8am-noon. Parking enforcement will issue you a $63 ticket and that would really suck.
You are welcome here in my friendly home. My cat, Diablo is very friendly, as well.
You may use the kitchen and laundry. California is experiencing a very bad drought, so please only wash clothes when you have a full load and please consider the environment when you are cleaning up in the kitchen. Please wash your own dishes.
You have your own bathroom with shower/tub combo.
I will have your bedroom and bathroom cleaned once, if you're here for 3 weeks or more, so you can expect it to be perfectly clean when you arrive and again halfway through your visit. If you stay a month, these rooms will be cleaned before you arrive and at the 2-week mark of your stay.
The front and back yards are yours to enjoy.
You will be staying inside of my home so I ask that guests conduct themselves as guests as much as I act as your host. I hope to make your stay as much fun and as pleasant as possible. I hope you'll do the same.
- Absolutely, NO SMOKING.
~No smoking, please.
- Check-in times are flexible (2pm or after) as long as I can have everything clean and ready for you, depending on everyone’s schedules. But check out is 11am, so we can prepare for our next guest.
- The house, guest bedroom and guest bathroom are thoroughly cleaned before each visit, but I do not provide daily housekeeping during your stay.
- Street parking is available as well as parking in my driveway. Warning: There is no parking on the far side of the street on Wednesdays between 8am-noon and the near side on Tuesdays 8am-noon. You will get a ticket.
- Your room is a cozy space. If you need to store any items that wouldn’t be traditional luggage, I might be able to fit your stuff in my garage or I can help you find nearby storage facilities.
- For your safety and comfort as much as mine, if guests expect any visitors, I ask that they let me know beforehand so no one is surprised by a stranger entering my home.
- Please do not have your mail sent to my address. I can help you arrange for a post box nearby.
- Sorry, no pets, except for my sweet kitty Diablo. He's awesome. If you're okay with cats, you'll probably love him. He's the star of this very peaceful house.