Casa Lily Chiapas offers three comfortable, furnished apartments in a calm neighborhood about 15 minutes' walk from San Cristóbal´s central park and 6 blocks from the Real de Guadalupe walking street: "Casa Lily Rana," "Casa Lily Jaguar," and "Casa Lily Ixim."
The apartments were designed and built by Frédéric Burkhard, winner of the 2012 European Award for Artistic and Cultural Activities. Frédéric's designs are distinctive in their organic forms, use of natural light and efficient use of space.
All apartments have fully equipped kitchens and private baths and are available by the day, week or month. All have balconies or patios and excellent views as well as access to laundry facilities, the gardens, barbecue area, off-street parking and wifi.
The Rana apt. is on the ground floor and opens onto the garden and a patio. It is designed to be wheelchair accessible...no stairs, an open floor plan, and support bars in the bathroom.
Our prices includes utilities, wireless internet ( no phone or TV ), twice weekly cleaning, and parking. We provide bedding and towels, soaps, laundry detergent, and a few kitchen basics to get you started. Please inquire about discounts for longer stays.
You can stock the kitchen from within walking distance at corner stores, the spectacular municipal market and the supermarket and shops on Guadaulpe. Please help yourself to herbs from the garden.
We are a family business committed to social and environmental responsibility. Environmentally friendly features and practices include:
-on site waste water treatment in an attractive, innovative and hygienic "living-machine" system;
-rainwater capture from the roofs in underground cisterns;
-beautiful landscaping that minimizes runoff and maximizes the return of water to aquifers;
-a solar heater that preheats water, reducing consumption by the gas heater;
-minimal use of toxics for cleaning and grounds.
Our staff earn well above the minimum wage and we always treat them with the respect and gratitude they deserve. We enjoy the diversity of visitors we receive and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
If you come to San Cristobal, you must stay at Casa Lily, which my sister and I affectionately came to call Bruce's House. 500 words isn't enough to get in all the wonders of la casa de Bruce, but here are the highlights:
1. the grounds - you are surrounded by immaculately kept, lush greens. The view is gorgeous. So much light comes in the windows, which warms the house at night.
2. the owner - Bruce is so nice, laid back, and helpful. Cool guy to talk to.
3. the staff - Dona Cata (the housekeeper) and Juan (the groundskeeper) are absolute darlings - ask them for anything, they are at your service, with huge smiles on their faces. Both of them were more than happy to teach us how to build fires in the fireplace.
4. the architecture - the house is probably the only one of its kind in San Cris - designed by a Swiss architect, who is a friend of Bruce, it is modern, homey, comfy, chic, bright all at the same time - staying at the house was part of the experience, not just a base for leaving stuff and sleeping. It is a space you want to be in.
5. the tricked out kitchen - Bruce provides a blender!! 'nuff said. Walk to the market, pick up some fruits (you can get them already peeled and sliced), throw them in the blender for a refreshing snack.
6. the hot water - the shower was consistently hot with almost no warm up time. such a luxury.
7. the laundry - there is a perfect washer/dryer unit, which can be used free of charge. Wash took about 17 minutes. Dry less than an hour.
8. the price - so incredibly fair as it is, and the quality of the experience is absolutely worth it
We were not pleased with our original accommodations, and were lucky enough to find a space open at Bruce's. We stayed as long as we could (4 nights), and would definitely book again in the future.
Thank you for such an outstanding experience and keep up the good work!
My husband and I had an amazing stay with Bruce over the New Year period. We loved the apartment! It had everything we needed plus fireplace and a lovely garden just outside our window. The place was immaculate and everything worked beautifully. We loved the fact that he takes care of the environment (recycling, solar panels, water cleaning system, etc).
Bruce was terrific communicating with us throughout our stay. He was always a phone call or a text message away when we needed him, and we did. He also waited for us when we first arrived to San Cristobal even though our arrival was late.
In all, staying at Casa Lily was a highlight of our trip through Mexico. We highly recommend it!
The apartment and the garden were really beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We also really appreciated the bread and fruit left my our generous hosts -- they made a nice breakfast. Would love to stay here again!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT