About this listing
This is the lounge, dinning area with lounge suite. Tea & Coffee making facilities,microwave,fridge.
Dun Farmin is Kiwi owned and (email hidden)rfectly situated in the centre of Ngunguru,within walking distance of the Beach and the local Store and Eateries
The guest quarters are sparklingly modern and furnished in warm cosy colours. The large living and dinning area includes a well-equipped kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave.
You may choose to relax on the adjoining terrace after a long day at the beach and enjoy a B.B.Q. Your boat can be parked on the property if you wish and we have storage space for diving and fishing equipment.
Your hosts are proud to offer you the 'Dog Room', with a twin beds. Your room also contains its own flat screen T.V. with Freeview and ample wardrode space. The 'Dog Room' shared bathroom with The 'Bear Room.'
We also have an additional two rooms, 'Cow Room' and 'Dog Room.' Please see my other listings on Airbnb if you are interested in these options.
Tutukaka Coast is one the most popular marine playgrounds in New Zealand and visitors come from all over the world for its fishing and diving.
Beautiful Ngunguru, at the mouth of the Ngunguru River,
is only 30 minutes from Whangarei, but is the gateway
to the Tutukaka Coast.
Within walking distance of shops, food and the beach, Dun Farmin is only a three mimutes drive from Tutukaka Marina and its attractions - from delicious dining at Schanappa Rock cafe to the ocean adventures offered by DiveTutukaka or the Deep Sea Anglers Club. Drive for ten minutes more through breathtaking scenery and you come to gorgeous Matapouri and Sandy Bay.
Things To Do
• Superb big game fishing from Tutukaka
• Dive or snorkel at the famous Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve and the "Twin Wrecks", the sunken frigates Tui and Waikato
• Surf at Sandy Bay
• Expore the Ngunguru River on Captain Percy's
• Historic River Cruise
• Horse riding and natural horsemanship with Koru Creek
• Tennis, golf, bowls and petanque at the Ngunguru Sports Complex
• Walk the track to the Tutukaka Lighthouse, or take a picnic on the "round the bays" walk from Ngunguru to
• Whangaumu [Wellington's Bay ]
• Visit the grant kauri, Tane Moana, on the walking track between
• Ngunguru and Matapouri
• Bask and swim on the stunning beaches for which the region is famous come to gorgeous Matapouri and Sandy Bay.
.On the Te Araroa Trail into Ngunguru
• Hikers & Trampers welcome.
Multi USB chargers available
Can have own bathroom , or share with Dog room if staying as a family. Can do laundry.
Tea & Coffee in Dinning/Lounge area.
Interaction with Guests
We live in the top storey and guests have the bottom storey. We brnig breakfast down in the morning at whatever time the guests want. Otherwise they are free to come & go as they please.
It is quiet
No public transport
Other Things to Note
We are about 200 metres walking distance to the beach & 5 minutes drive to the Tutukaka Marina
No smoking inside